Buying land and house package Baldivis

Guest Manager1

Guest Manager1

Hi everyone me and husband have just bought a land and house package in Baldivis anybody in the same situation or living there could please give me info on the area much appreciated :)

Guest Manager1

My husband Ozzie he lived in Rockingham for two years he knows the area quiet well he also works in the mines in WA we are living in NSW makes sense to move over there due to his work and we have bought as we don't want 2 rent as its dead money...I have done my research on the area and looks like a very good investment as its growing and don't think we would lose out in anyway. We have bought a lot on tallowood ave it's no even built yet thanks for your comments :)

Hi Manager1 - well done on buying in such a nice area. Baldivis is an up and coming area. You will be close to the beach and Rockingham, and the shopping centre in the immediate area is developing very nicely. There are some great schools, both state and private. I live in a southern suburb of Perth but have friends in Port Kennedy and drive down the freeway and past Baldivis a great deal so have seen how it has grown over the last few years. Hope you will be happy there.

Guest Manager1
Hi Manager1 - well done on buying in such a nice area. Baldivis is an up and coming area. You will be close to the beach and Rockingham, and the shopping centre in the immediate area is developing very nicely. There are some great schools, both state and private. I live in a southern suburb of Perth but have friends in Port Kennedy and drive down the freeway and past Baldivis a great deal so have seen how it has grown over the last few years. Hope you will be happy there.

Thanks rossmoyne for the positive comment looking forward to moving there :)

Hi all.

just a couple of questions hope some one can help.

1 how long would you have to be in oz before you can get a mortgage from when activate in our visas?

2 how much deposit would you need to put down and

3 how much can you borrow up to ? Is it pretty much the same as uk.

Many thanks for your help

scott.

Hi Scott well depends if your employed or selfemployed if you self employed you need 2 years of accounts not sure on deposits but obviously the more the better and you can borrow wat you can afford but theres alsorts to take into consideration when i was there the other week i made an appointment with a bank manager and had a good chat with him even though he knew we wern t moving over for a few months he was very helpfull there is also things in the uk to take into consideration have you or will still have a morgage in the uk thats taken into account to (doing this from me mobile lol so might sound patcy)

Gary

We signed up with our builder yesterday and paid $2k deposit so just have to wait for the land title in June now, so excited !!

In answer to Skit:

Banks like to see 2 payslips from your current job and ideally out of any probation period as well as staying in the same industry as in the UK.

You can go to 95% borrowing but will be charged Mortgage insurance above 80%. Some lenders will let you put the LMI on top so you will borrow 97%.

As for how much you can borrow.................depends on your circumstances so try some of the bank website calculators but be conservative and take 10% off as they are not that accurate.

We have only been here 4 1/2 months and I was lucky to find work in the first week. We got our mortgage no problems as soon as I was out of the 3 month probabtion period. There are a lot of extras to add in if your building - my advice would be to do your homework and try and get them all included in your building contract so they are covered by the mortgage.

We have only been here 4 1/2 months and I was lucky to find work in the first week. We got our mortgage no problems as soon as I was out of the 3 month probabtion period. There are a lot of extras to add in if your building - my advice would be to do your homework and try and get them all included in your building contract so they are covered by the mortgage.

It depends on your deposit , as the bank values the build as security value , put all your trinkets on and it will be turned down , you can get site works included , but they are a guide , you can't get the others on a fixed price contract . That's what you sign to get your finance, built this house and building another

We are getting a 95% mortgage for the build and land. We also have all siteworks, crossover, storm water disposal plus all of the turn key items like flooring, air con, window treatments, internal wall painting etc. Our bank told us they like to see a completed house as it is worth more at the end so is much better security. The only thing we will have to do ourselves is the landscaping front and rear - luckily the land comes with a full fencing package. Admittedly you do have to shop around to get the best deal and be prepared to negotiate for what you want. Don't think final value will be such a problem in Baldivis as land prices are rising about 5% a month there at the moment.

HI guys this is interesting - we are moving over in Jan. I have always wanted to build my own property and am wanting in insight to building in Aus.

Is it a much better option financially to build ?? I have been looking at properties in and around perth and reckon with the sale of our uk house we would be looking at buying something around the 500K mark so would have a decent chunk to put as the deposit based on about 80 % BUT I think finding our dream house with that budget will be hard so am thinking this may be a real option.

Are there any major pitfalls to avoid or costs that always crop up ??

Hi all many thanks for you replies

So having a mortgage in the uk may help us in a way?

I am thinking that if I change my mortgage to interest only

as I have a second property witch I currently rent out also a holiday apartment witch I rent out this will give me a small income each month witch will hopefully pay towards a mortgage over in Perth .

is there any company's over here in the uk that can talk to about a mortgage in Perth or is it a case of have to be in Perth to speak with some one.

Many thanks

scott.

HI guys this is interesting - we are moving over in Jan. I have always wanted to build my own property and am wanting in insight to building in Aus.

Is it a much better option financially to build ?? I have been looking at properties in and around perth and reckon with the sale of our uk house we would be looking at buying something around the 500K mark so would have a decent chunk to put as the deposit based on about 80 % BUT I think finding our dream house with that budget will be hard so am thinking this may be a real option.

Are there any major pitfalls to avoid or costs that always crop up ??

Depends where you want to build as to what you can afford, our block was $207k for 572sq.m but somewhere like Coogee Beach or near the city will be $500k for 200-300 sq.m !!

Hi all many thanks for you replies

So having a mortgage in the uk may help us in a way?

I am thinking that if I change my mortgage to interest only

as I have a second property witch I currently rent out also a holiday apartment witch I rent out this will give me a small income each month witch will hopefully pay towards a mortgage over in Perth .

is there any company's over here in the uk that can talk to about a mortgage in Perth or is it a case of have to be in Perth to speak with some one.

Many thanks

scott.

Go to Google.com.au and search for mortgage brokers Perth and ask them to give you an idea based on what you may hope to earn and other factors.

We are building in Baldivis at the moment , we like it very much and have lived down here 3 years . As has been mentioned the shopping complex is being extended over the next few years thank goodness, it has the neccesaties so far . we are getting a few extra shops and restaurants in the next month, yippeeeeeeeee ! close to the beaches and Freeway . 3 primary schools another two up and coming one brand new high school , also one private school and another coming in the near future . Alas still noooo post office grrr .. :)

Is there a library? Play group? Public swimming pool? Free gas BBQ's, skate park, dance/drama classes for kids, judo, gym (that also caters for teenagers), soccer or footie pitch, cricket?, netball courts, things for teenagers to do, things for primary age kids to do, music teachers, after school tuition, child care centres, good bus service?

I live in an established area and spend my time being a taxi driver to my kids to their various activities. Just wondered what kids do in a new suburb that doesn't even have a post office. .

Just wondered what kids do in a new suburb that doesn't even have a post office. .

Same as they do in an established suburb.......sit in front of their Playstations or XBOX 360's!!:wink: I suspect the answer to your question really is not a lot but then that is what it is like in these new suburbs until they are established. As for being a taxi driver I do not think it matters where you are in Perth if you have kids because they all want / need ferried around. Sign of the times:wink:

It is funny how folk see things. I went to Baldivis. Drove round. Scratched my head in wonderment and came home. Reminded me of that film The Stepford Wives. All I saw was small groups consisting of a man and a women, one pushing the pram and holding the lead of the dog and the other holding a kids hand, walking to somehere. Not sure where, just somehere, perhaps the one super market. :wink: Obviously though affordable housing, property that will no doubt increase in value and once the area matures up possibly look a lot better.

Edited by StraighttothePoint