Where do u live in Perth and what's good or bad about it?

Lou8670

Oh here we go again

:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Then why did you bother to post????!!!!

Don't take it personally, it has to be the most common question asked and there are already heaps of good threads debating just that very question, all you gotta do is look.

For the record, I live in Fremantle, Freo or Walyalup and it's aaaaaaaawwwwwwwwesome!

Anyone who thinks otherwise is just wrong.

Edited by portlaunay
Typo

We live in Yanchep, the last but one most northern suburbs.

We drove to Yanchep the day we arrived, stayed in short term accomodation for a month elsewhere, then came back to Yanchep! Bought a house here.

The positives for us as a family are: we can walk to the beach, visit the beach for a short time, i.e. just nip down for an hour, dont have to pack a car, load up half the house, and make a day of it, if you know what I mean.

We liked the feel of Yanchep, feels small, although it is growing rapidly! It manages to feel separate still, so the feel to drive home feels great.

Bad points: its getting ever popular, increasing in numbers/ houses all the time, laughable I say this after loving here a year!!

The distance to the city/ SOR. - but you can't have it all!

We live in Yanchep, the last but one most northern suburbs.

We drove to Yanchep the day we arrived, stayed in short term accomodation for a month elsewhere, then came back to Yanchep! Bought a house here.

The positives for us as a family are: we can walk to the beach, visit the beach for a short time, i.e. just nip down for an hour, dont have to pack a car, load up half the house, and make a day of it, if you know what I mean.

We liked the feel of Yanchep, feels small, although it is growing rapidly! It manages to feel separate still, so the feel to drive home feels great.

Bad points: its getting ever popular, increasing in numbers/ houses all the time, laughable I say this after loving here a year!!

The distance to the city/ SOR. - but you can't have it all!

I like Yanchep! Some friends of ours are building on the Capricorn estate! We're building at Amberton, so not too far! Nice fishing at Yanchep lagoon!

We live the other way. Dawesville which is south of mandurah. We like it because we are on a golf course opposite the beach. Don't play, but like the 19th hole.

We like it is very quiet but close to mandurah which has everything we need and also 50mins on the train to Perth and close to country areas such as Dwellingup. It's also handy for Margaret River.

There's a sticky thread in renting and real-estate about suburbs

http://www.perthpoms.com/forum/renting-real-estate/3328-suburbs.html

What I love about mine is that it's older and established with a great community feel, good schools and isn't far to the city or Freo. It has good transport links and close to the freeway. I posted more about Leeming on the thread i've provided a link to ... others have also posted about their suburbs.

Everyone please feel free to add to that thread