Is Secret Harbour a safe place to live?

We are a mid 30 to 40 couple with a 3 and 4 yr old and really like the Secret Harbour area but have read alot of bad press recently and would just like to hear a residents perspective.

We dont go out alot at night but want a safe area to take our kids to the park and beach and go out with the dog.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

thanks

I lived in Secret Harbour for 3 years and live now in Madora Bay 10 minutes away, but in the process of moving back. There is a small element of trouble but honestly nothing to worry about. There is an element also of some people creating mountains out of mole hills. you will love it there I am certain.

Sue

Hi

I live in Secret Harbour and have done since Sept 12. From my perspective, teens hang round the shopping center at night - the same as they would in the UK. Near the pub the Whistling Kite there is noise in the evenings - same as it would be in the UK if you lived near a busy pub. There does not seem to be the issue of speeding cars back and forth in the older part where I live cannot comment on other areas. Good indicator is to see if there are skid marks on the roads. In the older part where I live it is very quiet, do not see a soul very much a case of the garage door goes up and thats about it. Do not see children playing in the streets, only once in a while. The beach is fine but I would not walk there in the evenings alone. There is anti social behaviors where ever you live the levels of acceptance of this varies from individual to individual.

There is a small shopping center, chemist, cafe, fish and chip shop, pizza shop, chicken treat, 2 estate agents, doctors, hairdressers, community center, swim school.

Hope this helps

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Marlo..I am in the process of moving back to SH because it is a great place to live. We have put an offer in on a house not far from you. It is a great family place to live...you ahve the golf club up the road that does great food, a shopping centre that has all that you need and loads of parks for your little ones to play in. There is a facebook page for Secret Harbour and if you belong to it...then there lies your problem :( There are a lot of negativity on the page and things are blown out of all proportion. I have lived in SH for 3 years and in madora Bay for 1 year but kids still at school in SH and honestly I very rarely see any of these problems. Honestly you will love it x

I absolutely agree with SusieQ . I definitely would not describe it as dangerous. Yes some things have happened but its a really big area with lots of families living their lives quite happily. Teenagers live there and I've seen people complain about teenagers walking the street at 9pm ......Hello! You get a few issues sometimes when the pub closes like anywhere that sells alcohol that said the security in the pub is very tight they won't take much messing. Also another moan from neighbours us car theft. Now car theft here is a bit different than in the UK. The car theft here is from unlocked cars some even with doors wide open on drives. Where I came from that was classed as fair game :biglaugh:.