190 Sponsorship...how long?

TheReids

Hello folks,

We have logged our application for sponsorship with WA and their website states current processing time is 30 working days - just wondering what people's experiences are? Is it the full 30 working days or are things being turned around any quicker?

As soon as this is approved (I hope!) then we can get our visa application in!

Thanks!

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello folks,

We have logged our application for sponsorship with WA and their website states current processing time is 30 working days - just wondering what people's experiences are? Is it the full 30 working days or are things being turned around any quicker?

As soon as this is approved (I hope!) then we can get our visa application in!

Thanks!

I applied on Saturday morning and keep hearing about these lucky people getting a reply within a day or so. Time to try patience I think because I've seen the 30 day thing!

• 2 weeks later...

We were allocated a Case Officer today -2 weeks and 2 days after submitting our SS application.

Unfortunately, the CO needs more info and has told us that as a couple, we are expected to have resettlement funds of at least $30k. Not too sure where they've plucked this figure from because it has absolutely no relation to our lifestyle and cost info that we sent them. I thought the idea was that I was to evidence that we could sustain ourselves in WA for a period of 3 months?

I applied about 3 weeks ago, I had a WA case officer in 6 days who asked about my money situation as I didn't say I had the required $20,000 but I told them I had more time to save and assets to sell. This must have worked because I now have a proper invite which is mint!

Good luck everyone!

Mine is different I m here on 475 applied for WA SS and lodged an EOI with interest for 189 and 190...got a yes from WA in 24 hours and got an invitation for 189 in two days from EOI lodgement date....now I m confused....I am a Civil Engineer

Hi Chall,

Like Nikki Im an ICT Project Manager and about to lodge an application for 190 with WA (after being rejected by VIC yesterday for no obvious reasons). I'm curious as to what you do? Looking for inspiration and hope my application will be approved :smile:

Hi Nikki,

How confident are you of the IT market in WA for ICT PM's? I had originally wanted to migrate there but my better half convinced me VIC was stronger opportunity wise for ICT. Now that they won't let me into play, I'm back to WA.

Other than mining, what other areas do you foresee as potential employment opportunities?

Application lodged today - watch this space :biggrin:

David - It'll be interesting to see how close our invitations come through!

I'm an IT PM within the Financial Services at the moment, but am considering taking a six month contract in another industry to try and strengthen my CV for when I get over there. I've had a chat with a few people who seem to think I won't have too much of a problem in FS. There are a couple of big banks in Perth and I know of some former colleagues already working for them so there must be some opportunities. I have been monitoring seek.com since we started this process and there are always things coming up that I think "yep I could apply for that".

Having said that it's a daunting thought of trying to find a job from nothing when we get over there. So as soon as I get that Visa granted (hopefully) and can tick the "eligible to work in Australia" box I'll be applying like mad!

The main sticking point you'll find around the Mining and Oil and Gas sectors is industry experience (or lack of), they all seem to want at least 5 - 10 years even for IT related jobs. My bug bear is how the heck do you get the experience if they won't consider anyone without an engineering degree. Knowing one end of gas pipe from the other doesn't make you a PM, or an IT bod!

Feel free to connect on linkedin and good luck with you sponsorship!

uk.linkedin.com/pub/nicole-south/20/174/542

Hi Chall,

Like Nikki Im an ICT Project Manager and about to lodge an application for 190 with WA (after being rejected by VIC yesterday for no obvious reasons). I'm curious as to what you do? Looking for inspiration and hope my application will be approved :smile:

You need to complete your EOI and then apply for SS on the migration WA site. They say there is a 6 week waiting list but most people seem to get through sooner. Good luck with it all bud.

Our migration agent submitted ours on 24th April. We haven't had a response yet. Although it was a bank holiday over there on the 25th April for ANZAC Day. The application fee left my account pretty much instantly, although this is probably automated and has no significant indication on the processing time. So it has been 18 days but 11 working days. I emailed WA just to check the application was received and being processed and had a generic email back saying my application is being processed and it can take up to 30 days as the website suggests. I am hoping we don't have to provide any further information as the things I have read on here that people have been asked for we have already covered. All we can do is wait. The actual 190 visa application can be 6 months so if 30 days its torturous that will be hell! I will update when we have a response. We just keep telling ourselves it will all be worth it in the end! Good luck everyone.

Edited by ashleymhale