Hallelujah!!!.... IELTS PASSED!!!!!

Osmond8

Just need to share this.... My husbands results from his third IELTS exam arrived this morning and he has finally passed!!!!! We have been waiting for this for a long time and he was adamant that this was the last time that he would sit the test!! we got a successful results on his Vetassess exam so we can finally move forward and apply for state sponsorship!!! Phew!!!!!! Amy :)

• 2 weeks later...

Oh no. 7 attempts. I am on my second attempt on 25 May. Not sure i could do it much more than that to be honest. I came home really tired and cold from the last one. And when I got home I burst out crying. Don't know why I was upset. I think it was a really long day and I got my knickers bunched up. And I missed out by half a mark. But don't get me started on that lol.

​Debs

Thats brilliant news!! What results did he get as my hubby sat his general IELTS test again on Saturday he seemed to think it went well but we will wait and see the results!!

Hi thesteels,

​thank you :) so this time he scored.. Listening 9.0 reading 8.0 writing 7.0 speaking 8.5 overall score 8.0

good luck to you and i really hope you get the results you need :) its so frustrating isn't it?!!!

hi Osmond8,

Yes very frustrating on top of all other paperwork thats included too!!

My hubby got 2 x 7's and 2 x 8's last time and overall 7.5 but we need 8's in all 4 sections and the overall mark does not come into it but to get 8's+ in all 4 sections i think is going to be really quite difficult i think!!

Where abouts are you guys thinking of going to in Perth and do you have children? Hope you dont mind me asking!

hi Osmond8,

Yes very frustrating on top of all other paperwork thats included too!!

My hubby got 2 x 7's and 2 x 8's last time and overall 7.5 but we need 8's in all 4 sections and the overall mark does not come into it but to get 8's+ in all 4 sections i think is going to be really quite difficult i think!!

Where abouts are you guys thinking of going to in Perth and do you have children? Hope you dont mind me asking!

It's just one big headache!!...i convinced myself that he wouldn't pass this time (sounds awful?!).... Nothing worth having is ever plane sailing!!!!

We are hoping to head to the Rockingham area initially, all depends where my husband can find work but he has family in Rockingham so we will begin there i think! We have three children, my daughter is 16 and then we have twins (boy & girl) who are 6... If all goes to plan then we hope to be out there by november...but who knows, something always crops up!!!!

What about yourselves? Whats your plan??!!!...do you have children too? X x

Yes 7times is mad! He was missing out on half a mark each time, it was awful!! Once he'd taken it 3 times we felt thatwe'd spent to much to give up!

we're hoping to be out end of oct, depending on visa! We have our medicals on Thursday so I guess that's the final step....I hope! Probably going to be heading north as the area if more familiar to us.

I know he will get there, but i do really feel for him!! We knew this part would not be easy and have allowed a bit of time for it, Plan B would be to go out on provisional visa but would mean we could not live or work in perth for 2 years, so we are really trying to avoid that.

We also have a 16 year old daughter and a 12 year old son we have friends in Mount Hawthorn and we will start off their and then see what the best schools, colleges and work areas suit us the most.

Really looking forward to the change but also very daunting and just hope we are making the right move because relocating to Perth is going to be a very expensive move especially with too dogs who will have to go to Sydney first.

Are your children looking forward to it especially the 16 year old?

I know he will get there, but i do really feel for him!! We knew this part would not be easy and have allowed a bit of time for it, Plan B would be to go out on provisional visa but would mean we could not live or work in perth for 2 years, so we are really trying to avoid that. We also have a 16 year old daughter and a 12 year old son we have friends in Mount Hawthorn and we will start off their and then see what the best schools, colleges and work areas suit us the most. Really looking forward to the change but also very daunting and just hope we are making the right move because relocating to Perth is going to be a very expensive move especially with too dogs who will have to go to Sydney first. Are your children looking forward to it especially the 16 year old?

we have one cat to bring, which im sure will be expensive enough?!! The kids would not allow us to leave her behind!!!!

my 16yr old daughter was really against it at first.. Especially because she will be leaving her dad and his family behind. Now she is finally on board and looking forward to it and we have her dads permission!! however there is now a dreaded boy on the scene!!! Such a difficult age, she hasn't said yet that she doesn't want to come but i am waiting for it!!!.....I think it will be ok?!!!

How about your children? Are they up for the move?

I can't wait to go, we having been talking about it for so long...it's only just startingto feel a bit more real!!! Where are you from in the UK? X

Well the dogs we are looking at about £6-7K with quarantine and shipping from Sydney to Perth but they are both part of the family and we would really miss them as we do when we go on holiday!!

We are from Birmingham, a shame its not closer as my daughter would love someone else who is going the same as her but perhaps they could facebook each other or something, no boys on the scene at the moment I think she is waiting to meet a surfer or something when we get out there as she think she will be on holiday all the time, my son was a little apprehensive to start off with because of only just moving to secondary school etc, but now he is all up for it especially the very cold winter we have just had, he's like me does not do cold!!!

How long have you been in the process of emigrating then and as you have family there have you already been there?

Bal

x

...yep, i definately don't do the cold either...cannot wait to catch some aussie rays :) we contacted our visa agent a year ago... We have dragged our heels a little, not for any particular reason...just because!! So now we are waiting for state sponsorship, i'm not entirely sure but i hope to have our visas within the next two months, we are desperate to get our flat on the market! (5 of us in a two bed...very stressful!!!)

I visited australia 22yrs ago (goodness, that makes me feel old!) haven't been to perth but the way i see it, we have nothing to lose! As i said, we have family there and friends...they all highly reccomend the lifestyle! The twins can't wait... We talk about it everyday :)

Yes, we should get the girls to hook up on facebook, i will PM you with my daughters name.

We took our cat to the vets today, so have got the ball rolling for her pet passport...think it may take a while to get her up to speed!

Where are you at in the process?...are you doing your visas yourselves or do you have an agent? X x