What's your favourite ice cream flavour?

portlaunay

I know it's cold but I'm going to make some for friends who are coming to dinner tomorrow but I do't know what flavour to make.

I'm looking for something a little unusual (not garlic, stilton or ago, please bleugh!), I love the Maggie Beer Burnt Fig flavour and I have a bag of hazelnuts that I could make praline from but I need inspiration.

I'm not really a vanilla kind of person, I like to experiment so any suggestions?

Guest guest9824

....love ice cream, but never made it myself. How about a basic vanilla with hazelnuts and frangelico liquor, and a hot chocolate sauce!

Rum and raisin is my personal fav.:cute:

I love going to baskin Robbins down at freo spoilt for choice there . Sorry I now it does not help with your questions just brings bavk great memories. ps ) Portlaunay that your beetle in your sig picture I just spent 2 month restoring one for my boss.

Have decided upon rhubarb and polenta crumble flavour. I'll stew down the rhubarb and swirl that through a basic vanilla and make a crumble with polenta to give it some crunch and mix lots of different nuts through it then tots it in the oven until dark. Can't decide whether to sprinkle it on top or stir it through in the ice cream maker. Looks like I've got some tasting to do. :biggrin:

Guest guest9824
Have decided upon rhubarb and polenta crumble flavour. I'll stew down the rhubarb and swirl that through a basic vanilla and make a crumble with polenta to give it some crunch and mix lots of different nuts through it then tots it in the oven until dark. Can't decide whether to sprinkle it on top or stir it through in the ice cream maker. Looks like I've got some tasting to do. :biggrin:

oooohhhh sounds rather nice, what about a salted caramel but use your hazelnuts too, bit like a peanut butter brittle, might have to get an ice cream maker, as long as I use it and it doesnt gather dust in the cupboard, husband will let me have one! Good luck with the taste testing. why polenta just out of curiousity??? not a big fan really. what about crumbling a shortbread with hazelnuts in that???

oooohhhh sounds rather nice, what about a salted caramel but use your hazelnuts too, bit like a peanut butter brittle, might have to get an ice cream maker, as long as I use it and it doesnt gather dust in the cupboard, husband will let me have one! Good luck with the taste testing. why polenta just out of curiousity??? not a big fan really. what about crumbling a shortbread with hazelnuts in that???

The polenta gives you a really good 'crumble' texture. You get a really nice crunch and I also hoof in a load of chopped mixed nuts so you get some big chunks of nutty texture too, a large stick of cinnamon and a star anise. I still use plain flour, about 60:40 flour to polenta, and a generous glop of butter and then golden granulated sugar. Mix it all and spread out a baking tray and then chill for a good hour before baking. It's in the oven now and smells lovely. It actually makes the house smell cosy, like it's Christmas.

Guest guest9824
The polenta gives you a really good 'crumble' texture. You get a really nice crunch and I also hoof in a load of chopped mixed nuts so you get some big chunks of nutty texture too, a large stick of cinnamon and a star anise. I still use plain flour, about 60:40 flour to polenta, and a generous glop of butter and then golden granulated sugar. Mix it all and spread out a baking tray and then chill for a good hour before baking. It's in the oven now and smells lovely. It actually makes the house smell cosy, like it's Christmas.

Ok you have won me over on the polenta front, with that description, sounds delish!

I will miss Thorntons mango ice cream - just to die for. You did check for nut allergies amongst the guests I hope!!

No, but we are starting the evening with rum and chilli cocktails, I have four bottles of fantastic wine lined up, three bottles of very, very good single malt and I do have an epi pen in the fridge. :wink:

She'll be right.

Guest guest9824
No, but we are starting the evening with rum and chilli cocktails, I have four bottles of fantastic wine lined up, three bottles of very, very good single malt and I do have an epi pen in the fridge. :wink:

She'll be right.

....and a bowl for said keys!:cute:

I know it's cold but I'm going to make some for friends who are coming to dinner tomorrow but I do't know what flavour to make.

I'm looking for something a little unusual (not garlic, stilton or ago, please bleugh!), I love the Maggie Beer Burnt Fig flavour and I have a bag of hazelnuts that I could make praline from but I need inspiration.

I'm not really a vanilla kind of person, I like to experiment so any suggestions?

Marmite!!!