Having a medical before CO request

kbounds

Hi,

was wondering if anyone can help? submitted 190 21/08/2013 and i want to book meds for myself and three kids before they have to go back to school (save having another day off when they have just had 6 weeks off!) but our agent advised us to wait as he said CO could ask you get them done again if after 2months coz they are only valid for 2 months...has anyone else had meds done before CO request etc.

any advice appreciated....:)

Hi,

was wondering if anyone can help? submitted 190 21/08/2013 and i want to book meds for myself and three kids before they have to go back to school (save having another day off when they have just had 6 weeks off!) but our agent advised us to wait as he said CO could ask you get them done again if after 2months coz they are only valid for 2 months...has anyone else had meds done before CO request etc.

any advice appreciated....:)

Hello kbounds,

In general, Health and character assessments (PCC) are valid for one year from the date of issue.

Loads of folk who completed their medicals and uploaded all required documents, have been granted a visa without being contacted by their case officer.

So it is advisable that meds should done before CO request which would expedite your visa grant endeavor.

Regards,

Mithu

Hi

We were advised by our agent to wait after we submitted our 190(09/08) but she did say that it could make things easier (ie not waiting around for a case officer!) so we booked and had them 2 days ago.

They are valid for 12 months from the date you had them...

Good luck anyway!!!

If you are going via agent, some agent tell these things - which are NOT true:

1. You should wait for CO to ask you before going for medicals.

2. You should wait for CO to ask you before starting PCC process.

3. You should wait for CO to ask you before completing and uploading Form 80.

These are not true; although in some countries, you can not go for PCC without getting the request for the same by CO - as they do not provide PCC without a letter from CO asking the same; then you would obviously have to wait!Also, doing medicals as soon as possible would help getting medical finalized soon!

We haven't heard from a CO yet, but we had our medicals today for the same reason you mentioned. I've posted our ACPO forms as well because after so long I'm just excited that things are finally happening. We never engaged an agent (too scared if I'm honest) so I just went with the information on the DIAC website and there's the option to arrange medicals at the start of the process so we did. Don't know where in the country you are but we went to Bridge Clinic in Maidenhead and they couldn't have been nicer. Only took 2 hours for 4 of us which I didn't think was too bad.

Good luck,

Debs

We haven't heard from a CO yet, but we had our medicals today for the same reason you mentioned. I've posted our ACPO forms as well because after so long I'm just excited that things are finally happening. We never engaged an agent (too scared if I'm honest) so I just went with the information on the DIAC website and there's the option to arrange medicals at the start of the process so we did. Don't know where in the country you are but we went to Bridge Clinic in Maidenhead and they couldn't have been nicer. Only took 2 hours for 4 of us which I didn't think was too bad.

Good luck,

Debs

we are in herefordshire. fab, i am going ahead and booking them :) we already have our police certificates ready to upload. we are also very excited and just cannot wait to start our new adventure.

good luck with everything,

kerri

do we have to do form 80.....i have had a look and a lot of the questions are same as main application form but there are ones about parents and sisters, brothers....why would they need all that info? not that it is a problem but just curious lol :)

Perhaps, once you would get PR or Citizenship and you would like to sponsor your relatives ..... visit visa.... family reunion... so on.:smile:

I'm not sure of visa grant times, but one of the problems with front loading medicals is that if it is a visa which requires validation then it may reduce the time you have to do it. The validation by date is 12 months from the date of your medicals or police checks (whichever has the earliest date) and not from the date your visa was granted. e.g. Medicals 1st May 2013, police checks 30th may 2013 - visa granted 1st August 2013 .... you would then have 9 months (not 12) to validate - not a problem for some - but I have previously known someone who ended up with only a 3 month validation window - wasn't ready to migrate and then had the extra cost of a validation trip.

Just something to be cautious of (depending on the visa allocation times).

I'm not sure of visa grant times, but one of the problems with front loading medicals is that if it is a visa which requires validation then it may reduce the time you have to do it. The validation by date is 12 months from the date of your medicals or police checks (whichever has the earliest date) and not from the date your visa was granted. e.g. Medicals 1st May 2013, police checks 30th may 2013 - visa granted 1st August 2013 .... you would then have 9 months (not 12) to validate - not a problem for some - but I have previously known someone who ended up with only a 3 month validation window - wasn't ready to migrate and then had the extra cost of a validation trip.

Just something to be cautious of (depending on the visa allocation times).

thank you very much.

we are literally waiting to go and are all so ready as hubby is there, he has found a job and a house so we just need the visa and to book a flight :)

If you are going via agent, some agent tell these things - which are NOT true:

1. You should wait for CO to ask you before going for medicals.

2. You should wait for CO to ask you before starting PCC process.

3. You should wait for CO to ask you before completing and uploading Form 80.

These are not true; although in some countries, you can not go for PCC without getting the request for the same by CO - as they do not provide PCC without a letter from CO asking the same; then you would obviously have to wait!Also, doing medicals as soon as possible would help getting medical finalized soon!

Thank you for this info. I have not found anyone on any forum who put light on this issue.

Yet, everyone have claimed that time for visa activation starts from the date when medicals or police certificates were issued.

It s hard to find out the pattern for the given time for visa activation, as this vary from case to case.

What happened in your case???

Thank you for this info. I have not found anyone on any forum who put light on this issue.

Yet, everyone have claimed that time for visa activation starts from the date when medicals or police certificates were issued.

It s hard to find out the pattern for the given time for visa activation, as this vary from case to case.

What happened in your case???

I had frontloaded everything but got stuck with medicals referral. See my signature.

We had meds before we were assigned a CO , booked them 3 weeks after we lodged and had PCCS done too. I am intending to be on perth before xmas so I knew that even if it took 6 months for visa to be approved I would still be in the time limit for arriving in the country. I didn't want anything to hold us up

did you just use TRN number or did you need to do something on the application? as we have an agent, I can't look for myself but I am going to ask for the password to get on and have a look :)

Hi

We were given a TRN rather reluctantly from our agent which we then passed onto the clinic...I also felt like our agent was trying to say "slow down" but the thing is its taken us 15 months and we just want it over now and to be in WA..surely he would understand...but no!!!

We have now had our meds and let our agent have our cleared police checks.I was desperate to know how our meds went so asked our agent for the password as i had a feeling my daughters was going to be referred and she has refused!!!! I am so frustrated as i have explained that we are in the latter stages of our house sale and if a referral is going to happen we need to sort out rental accom here...and she has still refused!!!

Good luck with whatever decision you make !!

Hi

We were given a TRN rather reluctantly from our agent which we then passed onto the clinic...I also felt like our agent was trying to say "slow down" but the thing is its taken us 15 months and we just want it over now and to be in WA..surely he would understand...but no!!!

We have now had our meds and let our agent have our cleared police checks.I was desperate to know how our meds went so asked our agent for the password as i had a feeling my daughters was going to be referred and she has refused!!!! I am so frustrated as i have explained that we are in the latter stages of our house sale and if a referral is going to happen we need to sort out rental accom here...and she has still refused!!!

Good luck with whatever decision you make !!

I think I would be reminding the Agent who works for who.