Rental Rant !!!!

Ok so i'm an angry Scotsman at the moment........

I just don't understand the issue here...

We are going to arrive in Perth 31st October....

We are hoping to settle in or around Ellenbrook....

We have no family in Oz and we have friends who can pick us up and put us up for 3 or 4 days!

What the hell is the big issue with renting a property before we arrive for a longer term.... Short term rental i do appreciate for the holiday market are expensive...but not only that we can't find one near where we want to settle...

We can't register the kids in school before we get a rental in the area.... We are desperate to get the kids registered as soon as we get there as the schools break up for the summer break at the end of November so we want the kids to have a month under their belts so they can at least meet a few people especially my 14 year old....If we don't they are gonna have a long hard 3 months before the start school....

It's so annoying that people just don't understand these things and show a little common decency to people positions !!!!!!!

Ok OK I know i'm not the only one but hell i swear i'm gonna start my own estate agents and only rent to UK immigrants and treat them as individuals with needs !!!!!!!

rant over !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS i do promise i am a nice calm family man

WELCOME TO PERTH ......... happy days

Thats exactly what i was thinking Elfie!!

Wait till he sees the forms he has to fill in, and then the hastle of applying for all the forms of ID to get his points!

However the rental market is easing up a bit, we applyed for 2 and got accepted for them both in Secret Harbour, so im sure he will be ok...

I wouldn't rent my house to anyone I haven't seen personally either so don't see whys the anger ??

Get your short term rental sorted for 3-4 weeks and you'll easily get something in that time, it's a lot easier now than it was last year.

Get a good rental pack together before you come and take time to chat to the agents when viewing, they like that !

Above all don't panic, it all works out if you stay positive ;-))

Guest guest9824
I wouldn't rent my house to anyone I haven't seen personally either so don't see whys the anger ??

Get your short term rental sorted for 3-4 weeks and you'll easily get something in that time, it's a lot easier now than it was last year.

Get a good rental pack together before you come and take time to chat to the agents when viewing, they like that !

Above all don't panic, it all works out if you stay positive ;-))

Chardy is right, and on the flip side of the rental agents not renting anything to you before they meet you, it may be beneficial to you to see them in the flesh as sometimes rentals and properties to buy can look lovely on photos, internet...then when you do view them in person they may not be all you thought they were, even area might not be quite right, so probably play devils advocate and although it seems frustrating, it could be worth your while waiting til you get here to firm up a rental! Meanwhile, referring to previous thread you posted, I think your idea of 'panto' is a great idea, and it was a tradition for us in the UK every Christmas, something that we do miss. Stu Francis (ooohhhh I could crush a grape fame) playing Widow Twanky...classic!!!! :wacko: Good luck if you choose to pursue that as a business venture!

Thats exactly what i was thinking Elfie!!

Wait till he sees the forms he has to fill in, and then the hastle of applying for all the forms of ID to get his points!

However the rental market is easing up a bit, we applyed for 2 and got accepted for them both in Secret Harbour, so im sure he will be ok...

They will want to know what he had for dinner this time last year and how many times he gets up in the night for a wee haha

Im in Secret Harbour and hate it here its a soulless place.

Hi Bobopaulsy.... whilst I get your frustration (and believe me you will encounter other situations just as frustrating when you get here), it is actually probably better to wait until you are here to make a decision on where you will rent. All the comments here are very relevant... I am sure you wouldn't rent a house sight unseen in a city in Europe you had never been to, so just chill and enjoy the experience of your adventures as they unfold. Just remember that PerthPoms is a happy helpful group of bods and we would all love to hear an update report from you when you finally arrive.

we are due to secret harbour in jan so see how we like it, my friend loves it there, i love the little village i live in now bit its not for everyone some people would gind it too quiet!!! is sad when i see people find it soulless though!!! everywhere in this planet is soulless if you dont make the effort and get out there!!

We arrived 3 months ago and after reading about the rental nightmare in Perth were bracing ourselves for battle, but in the end it was quite easy to get a rental. There wasn't many people at the home opens, and we were picky about where we lived. I'd certainly want to see the place in person than on-line as some places were shocking when on-line we thought they were nice.

I think the rental situation has eased a lot as the work has dipped a bit. Still work , but not like 3/5 years ago.

Edited by 82rhoads