Movecube booked.

travelchic

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just booked a small movecube. They are coming tomorrow with materials and to check delivery site. Then they are delivering the movecube on 4th April for us to fill. Woo hoo.

Debs

It's really moving now, (pardon the pun)!

Our container is in the UK and leaves 3 March estimated arrival in Freo 9 April!!! I'm excited now. Wobbles are over!

Wow I am so excited for you, I just got butterflies and I don't know why... we don't go for 12-18 months!

I bet Jonny is so excited, my children have already given up on their UK life! I cannot wait to be in your shoes, enjoy every minute x

Jonny is excited, and he'll stay that way as long as he doesn't catch me throwing out his crap toys ha ha.

Debs

Mine is on the 4th April lol. There will be mostly pans for my baked bean paste ha ha.

Debs

Ha ha had to laugh picturing that :-) Talk of beans hubby though he would be saving cash by buying a case of 24 tins from cash and carry...3 beany meals later myself and kids are well off them and would quite happily not see a bean again! only 20 tins to go:confused:.Have you had any thoughts about when you are flying yet?

Ha ha had to laugh picturing that :-) Talk of beans hubby though he would be saving cash by buying a case of 24 tins from cash and carry...3 beany meals later myself and kids are well off them and would quite happily not see a bean again! only 20 tins to go:confused:.Have you had any thoughts about when you are flying yet?

Oh dear. Bet you could fly a kite in your house with all the wind lol. Planning on going end of May. Might even go a little earlier. Depends on how long the house sale takes to go through. I could be on your flight. If I am don't tell anyone I'm a nurse ha ha.

Debs

Course you can. It's £420 for the movecube. I got insurance for £2000 which was £40 and $320 examination fee when it arrives in Perth. I've paid £150 deposit and pay the rest a couple of days after they've taken it.

Debs

That sounds reasonable Debs, what are the dimensions of the move cube? The reason for asking is that I am leaving a collection of guitars in storage (with a family member) in the UK, and will ship them out when/if we get PR in 2 yrs time. I am taking a few in our container, but can't justify taking the whole lot as it stands.

Cheers,

Pete.

millar, you will probably need a large one if you want to put furniture in. We are paying £1065 for ours with a customs fee of around $450 due at the other end.

Hmm I might have to condense things further and hopefully we can get a movecube rather then shared container.

Ha yeay my addiction has finally paid off. Thanks Nikki

Lauren:)

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I'm really toying with the idea of the small movecube over shipping some boxes as we are really taking the bare minimum. Can I ask what you are planning on filling yours with? My concern is that I won't have enough to fill even the small cube. We know what we want to take, we haven't started packing any of it up yet though!

Our inventory list is:

49" flat screen TV

Pots/Pans/Utensils/knives etc

Box of xmas decs

Couple of large canvas prints

1 metal ornament

OH's power tools - He doesn't know how much that'll be and I have no idea!

How close to shipping do you need to book your cube?