Dog Walking?

Akasully2

Thank you.

I'm only researching it at the moment but it is something I could imagine enjoying. However, my biggest draw back is that my car is new and not large. I don't want to have to go a buy a new car/van.

As an alternative, I am also exploring making doggy related items for the discerning dog lover. I have looked at dog clothes but I haven't seen any wearing them round where I live. So maybe gifts for the dog loving owners would be better. Not sure how popular they would be. Feedback very welcome.

Thank you.

I'm only researching it at the moment but it is something I could imagine enjoying. However, my biggest draw back is that my car is new and not large. I don't want to have to go a buy a new car/van.

As an alternative, I am also exploring making doggy related items for the discerning dog lover. I have looked at dog clothes but I haven't seen any wearing them round where I live. So maybe gifts for the dog loving owners would be better. Not sure how popular they would be. Feedback very welcome.

Something to look into also here I think is natural dog treats without an additives preservatives. A lot of dogs here need special diets for some reason also there is a huge rise of cancers in the canine population. Have been doing a bit of research on natural dog food. The raw diet is very popular here also of which I am a convert for my dog she loves raw chicken mince with raw, sardine shredded veggies and lots of olive oil - her coat is now high glossy compared to what it was 5 mths ago

When we first moved over to Oz, I set up my own pet minding / boarding / dog walking business in Melbourne. On Holiday at the moment, but will PM you some details if you want when I'm back.

Thats great, thank you. I'll look forward to hearing from you.

Been talking this over with the family as an alternative to teaching. I've always wanted to do my own thing but have never had the guts to do it. Also, I couldn't justify giving up a fab teaching job. But now things have changed, it seems like the right time. Especially if I can't find the right job. Always thought it would be creative based but my obsession with dogs has lead me to this.

However, the downside is potentially a lot less earnings, a job that is not perceived as 'a proper job' and having no free days whilst the kids are on hols. But....no report writing, no office politics, no national curriculum!

Edited by Akasully2

Something to look into also here I think is natural dog treats without an additives preservatives. A lot of dogs here need special diets for some reason also there is a huge rise of cancers in the canine population. Have been doing a bit of research on natural dog food. The raw diet is very popular here also of which I am a convert for my dog she loves raw chicken mince with raw, sardine shredded veggies and lots of olive oil - her coat is now high glossy compared to what it was 5 mths ago

I've noticed this trend too. Never known so many dogs to have this type of food and avoid the tined stuff. I met an Ozzy lady recently who explained what she fed her staffy. She said she went to get its bath from a shop and got roo. I didn't understand what she was talking about and had to ask. She said she got its barf (food) from the shop and fed it animal grade kangaroo!

Are you still thinking of getting a dog Sully x

@cocolevi Absolutely! We can't do anything until we have our own house so my broodiness is coming out in other ways, hence this new direction. Every time I pass a dog, I check it out to see if is one that I would consider. If it is a breed I have considered, I chat to the owners to get their perspective. Turned into a mad dog lady!

Nothing may come of this research but I am keeping an open mind to all possibilities. X

Edited by Akasully2

Thank you.

Like that idea Sully..... have a look at http://www.etsy.com.... heaps of doggie stuff on there that should give you an idea of what you can do. All Rolo and Garfields collars and leads come from there.... Chat to you on Wednesday about this. Rossy

Agree with all you say Elfie.... As you know Rolo has kidney disease and I feel him a total raw diet and make all his treats so I know what goes into them. I know other pet owners with similar issues and views and I think there is a market for something like this. So good to hear that Ebs is doing so well.... About time for a catchup methinks..... Rossy x

I agree you would really enjoy doing that and I may give you your first job, as you say big market for animal products and especially if you say had clothes made with the animals name as a logo on it, that would be cute.

We need to talk! I have so many thoughts swishing around in my head, it would be good to get your input, as always.

• 5 months later...