Visa 190 (Schedule 2) Times?

lpoolinoz

Hi,

I have gained enough points to submit my EOI for a schedule 2 role. I am aware that once I have submitted my EOI and received an invitation back I will have 28 days to apply. I am also aware that after I have applied I have to email them a 12 month contract of full-time employment offer.

I am just wondering the following things:

• How long it takes approximately from submitting the EOI to receiving an invitation?
  • How long after applying do they allow you to show them proof of a contract of employment? (28 days seems a very short amount of time to find a job and be successful in obtaining it)
  • Can the contract be for volunteer work as long as it is in the correct field of work?
  • Is the 3 month processing time from the date of EOI Submission?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Anyone who is currently or has been through this process please shed some light.

I am unsure how i can find a job when I dont know how long it is going to take for the visa to be sorted out? So when am i meant to tell them i could start etc.

Thanks.