SOL expected to have big changes 1st July

Do not miss the boat, the SOL is looking to be cut back even further for 2017-2018

The crux of the matter is apply asap even if that means doing IELTS every month until you gain the points as many occupations have been flagged for removal in next years SOL.

Good luck!

thanks for the heads up Camilla

https://www.markmcgowan.com.au/files/WA_Jobs_First.pdf

He vows to remove Perth from RSMS 187 visa and cut the 190 options immediately. It will now be very hard to come to WA unless you are on the SOL as WASMOL will be cut.

I might be looking for a new job now myself!!!!

Hi!

I'm very scared about all this information. In your opinion, do you think Flying Instructor (ANZSCO 231113) is more likely to remain or be cut from the WASMOL?

Thank you!

(Guilherme)

Sorry cant comment on Flying Instructor, I have never had a requirement for one before! I will say I know of a couple of pilots recently retrenched due to turndown in mining, but not sure if instructor is a position in demand! I suggest you try and find a sponsor for the 186 programme/457 instead

No problem, thank you!

Another question: Considering I'm not living in Australia yet, do you know any service that can help to intermediate the contact between me a sponsor (or help me to seek it) ?

Thank you!

https://www.markmcgowan.com.au/files/WA_Jobs_First.pdf

He vows to remove Perth from RSMS 187 visa and cut the 190 options immediately. It will now be very hard to come to WA unless you are on the SOL as WASMOL will be cut.

I might be looking for a new job now myself!!!!

The whole unemployment and recession thing in WA is really biting hard now in so many areas and I am sorry to hear that it could affect you too Camilla as you are a valuable member of our forum.

Thankyou Rossmoyne, yes it is tough out there. My husband was made redundant 4 weeks ago, so I know first hand what the job situation is like!!

It is nice to be appreciated!!!

The whole unemployment and recession thing in WA is really biting hard now in so many areas and I am sorry to hear that it could affect you too Camilla as you are a valuable member of our forum.

The main job sites are careerone and seek. Havent got any experience of flying instructors! Once had a lesson, felt sick, turned green and nearly vomited! Since then have had nothing to do with aviation instructors!

:err:

You had a bad experience in a flight lesson! I would suggest you to try it again and give a chance for aviation, however I can understand it can be traumatic. Hope this doesn't affect your confidence to fly in regular aviation!

:err:

You had a bad experience in a flight lesson! I would suggest you to try it again and give a chance for aviation, however I can understand it can be traumatic. Hope this doesn't affect your confidence to fly in regular aviation!

I have had lessons in WA and all the instructors were self employed