Registering to teach in WA

c.smith7587

Hi all,

I have my 189 visa granted (yay!) and I am a qualified teacher with a degree from a UK Uni and over 6 years teaching experience. I am trying to get myself registered with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB) of WA but there is so much conflicting information about which registration I can actually go for! It seems that I cannot get a full registration as I have not taught in Aus yet, but I also cannot go for a limited registration either.

Does anyone have any experience with registering themselves? I don't want to ask the TRB themselves as they charge over $300 for advice!!!

Any help will be greatly appreciated

Hi all,
I have my 189 visa granted (yay!) and I am a qualified teacher with a degree from a UK Uni and over 6 years teaching experience. I am trying to get myself registered with the Teacher Registration Board (TRB) of WA but there is so much conflicting information about which registration I can actually go for! It seems that I cannot get a full registration as I have not taught in Aus yet, but I also cannot go for a limited registration either.
Does anyone have any experience with registering themselves? I don't want to ask the TRB themselves as they charge over $300 for advice!!!
Any help will be greatly appreciated

Hi you can register with the TRBWA on a non practising registration until you move and work in Australia then you transfer over to a practising one after a few weeks of working over there I believe. Without having a registration it will be difficult to get a job. Hope that helps?

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

Hi,

I went through this a few months ago when I moved over. You have to get non-practicing registration first, this will enable you to start teaching (provided you have applied for a WWCC). When you have completed your first day teaching (even relief work) you send the TRBWA a 'Notice of Teaching' form. One you have taught for a minimum of 100 days you can then apply for Full-registration. If you need any more info. about registration, or teaching here in general, just let me know. Happy to help!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/11/2017 at 05:39, thecultfan said:

Hi,

I went through this a few months ago when I moved over. You have to get non-practicing registration first, this will enable you to start teaching (provided you have applied for a WWCC). When you have completed your first day teaching (even relief work) you send the TRBWA a 'Notice of Teaching' form. One you have taught for a minimum of 100 days you can then apply for Full-registration. If you need any more info. about registration, or teaching here in general, just let me know. Happy to help!

Hi

what is WWCC?

thanks in advance!