Hello. Nurse moving to Perth by Christmas (I hope!)

Joeybee

Hello there,

Me and my Husband are in the process of preparing to emigrate permanently to Australia.

I'm a qualified nurse of 4 years and am applying for an independent skilled visa. Currently waiting (painfully) for the slow process of ANMAC skills assessment before I can lodge an Expression of Interest.

We have friends in Armadale Perth, so plans are to stay with them until I find work and a place to live in Central Perth for 6-12 months before moving to the East Coast. We may love it in Perth and stay there though. Either way, I can't wait to get out to Australia and start afresh.

I'm interested to meet other Poms moving to Perth, especially other nurses/health workers.

Joanna x

Guest guest9824
Hello there,

Me and my Husband are in the process of preparing to emigrate permanently to Australia.

I'm a qualified nurse of 4 years and am applying for an independent skilled visa. Currently waiting (painfully) for the slow process of ANMAC skills assessment before I can lodge an Expression of Interest.

We have friends in Armadale Perth, so plans are to stay with them until I find work and a place to live in Central Perth for 6-12 months before moving to the East Coast. We may love it in Perth and stay there though. Either way, I can't wait to get out to Australia and start afresh.

I'm interested to meet other Poms moving to Perth, especially other nurses/health workers.

Joanna x

Good Luck Joanna , lots of nurses making or have made the move to Perth who can give you advice if needed...hope everything goes as smoothly as possible for you...

pea

Hi Joanna.

i am a nurse also currently waiting for my skills assessment. 15 weeks and waiting. I am going on a 190 visa and heading to Perth as I have friends there. Hopefully won't be waiting too much longer for the assessment.

Debs

You sound like you're in a similar boat to me. Annoyingly I submitted my ANMAC application and it was received end of May but i had done general instead of academic IELTS so that delayed things till mid July, so I'm probably going to be waiting a good while longer for the assessment.

Keep me updated, it sounds like you'll be on a similar journey to me. Hope you're assessment happens soon!

Joanna x

Am nurse too but not even sent anmac yet ( dreaded ielts first) so would be great to follow your journey :) good luck with move and hope to get there some day

Hello!

Good look with he IELTS, make sure you do academic IELTS not general (that was my big mistake!). Let me know if you need any help/advice with things. Good look with your journey too :smile:

Hello!

Good look with he IELTS, make sure you do academic IELTS not general (that was my big mistake!). Let me know if you need any help/advice with things. Good look with your journey too :smile:

Thanks :) had booked general but got advice that academic needed from travel chic so got that changed smartly. Just practising its the writing I dread most:( also this site is good for hints and support and is friendly so as long as I get 7s wouldn't need repeat but cross that bridge if needed. Laptop busted stupid screen thankfully using book for practise now. Thanks again

Guest katiemc

Hi There

I am also a mental health nurse hoping to move to Perth sometime next year.

I have not got an immigration agent .Is it possible to do without?

I did not realise you needed to register with the ANMAC I thought you could register as a nurse there then send your EOI!

Its all very confusing but very exciting! Good luck guys with the move

Katie

Hi, I am a nurse. Received my Anmac in June, sent in my EOI and now lodged just last week for 189. I am off to get my documents certified in a few weeks and then will organise a medical and police clearance when a co asks me as I cant be doing with too much going on at once. I therefore have not looked at jobs yet. I think I will wait until I get my visa and then will send off for AHPRA. My husband is a train driver and has to give 6 months notice so i thought when we got to that point i might start looking at the jobs that are going. It is all exciting, I cannot wait. I just dream everyday of going to Oz. House is sold and we are moving into rented so at least that is sorted. Good luck everyone with your applications.

I am also Nurse (mental health) hoping to be in Perth Aus this year ! its exciting and scary - ive signed up to a few websites for job alerts etc

Have you got your AHPRA registration already?

I was going to register with some agencies for work in Oz, but thought there probably no point until i have registration right?

• 1 month later...

My skills assessment has come through and on the 14th september I submitted my EOI. The next day I was invited to apply and yesterday (21st sept aus time though) I submitted the visa application. So now im waiting for a CO to be assigned. In the meantime im uploading all my supporting documents and getting AHPRA application ready. Excited!

Congratulations Joeybee! We will hopefully get the invite for the 190 in the next few days. In case you're not sure what AHPRA office to send your documents to, you can send them to any office. It doesn't have to be the office of the city where you plan to work. We sent ours to Darwin on recommendation from a PIO member who'd just gone through the same process last November. At that time Darwin and Adelaide were recommended for speed. Obviously that might of changed now so hopefully someone will advise of a more up to date time period. Good luck! We're planning on leaving just after Xmas for Perth so fingers crossed. :)

Hi, I'm also a nurse (adult oncology) me and husband and 2 kids are headed out on NYE ready to start 2014 in perth! We applied for 190 visa under my husband as I had been on a career break so could not apply. We used go Matilda, a great agency who advised us of everything that needed submitting and in what time frame, really can't fault them. Good luck for you all with ielts and remember to practise, an English language exam is harder than it sounds! I'm currently about to start mass mailing my cv off and I'm hoping for an agency type job to work around my kids until my dream chemo day case job gets advertised !

My skills assessment has come through and on the 14th september I submitted my EOI. The next day I was invited to apply and yesterday (21st sept aus time though) I submitted the visa application. So now im waiting for a CO to be assigned. In the meantime im uploading all my supporting documents and getting AHPRA application ready. Excited!

Good news about how quick you were invited etc.....once you had received an invite, you then submitted the visa? Did ou have to pay the full visa amount straight away? I'm looking into this and not really sure of the finer details once you've been invited?

Good luck!!

Congratulations Joeybee! We will hopefully get the invite for the 190 in the next few days. In case you're not sure what AHPRA office to send your documents to, you can send them to any office. It doesn't have to be the office of the city where you plan to work. We sent ours to Darwin on recommendation from a PIO member who'd just gone through the same process last November. At that time Darwin and Adelaide were recommended for speed. Obviously that might of changed now so hopefully someone will advise of a more up to date time period. Good luck! We're planning on leaving just after Xmas for Perth so fingers crossed. :)

my docs were received at the Perth APHRA office on 30/8/13 and registration was complete 19/9/13. Got a letter from them to print off and take in with my passport before 19/9/14. Only took about 3 weeks.

Debs

Good news about how quick you were invited etc.....once you hadin our received an invite, you then submitted the visa? Did ou have to pay the full visa amount straight away? I'm looking into this and not really sure of the finer details once you've been invited?

Good luck!!

Thanks. Yeah have to pay the full cost of the visa when you apply. It made a large dent in our savings account! we are now scanning all the relevant documents so that once a CO is assigned, things shouldnt take too long! We are going to book our health checks tomorrow, I didnt know you could do health checks before being assigned a CO, but it seems, according to PIO that you can.

my docs we received at the Perth APHRA office on 30/8/13 and registration was complete 19/9/13. Got a letter from them to print off and take in with my passport before 19/9/14. Only took about 3 weeks.

Debs

Ooh that was nice and quick! I am in two minds about when to apply to AHPA. Once registered, can I go months without practising if I'm still waiting for visa to come through? I dont want to apply too soon in case it causes problems. Then again, I want to be able to apply for jobs, so sooner I get registration, the better...

Once accepted you get a letter of eligibility from AHPRA - you then have 12 months to present at an AHPRA office to complete the registration. Until you have done that you're not registered to practise - if you don't present in the 12 months the eligibility I believe expires and you'd have to apply all over again.