We're up!!!

Gaz H

Well this is it, after all the planning, all the emotion of saying good buy to everyone you know and love, all the mind battles of thinking "what the hell are we doing", house is sold and empty, car is sold, mountain of baggage has been checked in . Wife, two boys and myself are finally sat on the A380 about to taxi down the runway, on our permanent move to perth. All I have to say at this point is........ Phew!!! Let the good times roll!

Thanks Guys for all the messages, Its a bit of a delayed reaction but that's jetlag for you. Journey was ok really, the boys were as good as could be expected for 2 and 4 year olds! Caught the morning flight from Heathrow with Singapore airlines, 1hr 50 layover and 5hrs on to Perth. the boys slept the whole second leg again. happy days. The strangest part was the temp difference, 8 degrees when we got on the air conditioned plane, into the air conditioned terminal, through the exit then BAM!! 35 degrees in your face!! All good though, wandered around like zombies for 2 days sorting medicare and bank accounts in Joondallup (luckily the cafes do a mean coffee)!! And now feel human again! So Admin / Exploring for the next few days, and yes Ali we have our sunnies and couldn't leave the house without them :)

• 4 months later...

So 4 months in.......Wow that's gone quick. haven't been on for ages, been super busy working, out with the wife and kids exploring, playing golf, playing tennis, visiting cafés and frequenting some of fine eateries dotted around in the least expected places, meeting loads of people both at work and at leisure. Barbequing, drinking, eating, meeting. generally having a ruddy good time!! loving life. not loving forking out all the money for things I never could never have expected but that's the reality. rough and smooth. took a little drive up to moore river last month, thoroughly recommend grabbing a kayak and "messing around on the river". great place to chill out! so yeah works good, life's good. just wanted to say hope all is well. By the way I'm just setting up my own venture so if anyone needs any work doing with air conditioning at low prices please PM me, visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/hallidayair or email at hallidayair@gmail.com. or jot it down and stick it on the fridge, you may need it when the summer hits again :) and your support is most welcomed.

Gaz

So 4 months in.......Wow that's gone quick. haven't been on for ages, been super busy working, out with the wife and kids exploring, playing golf, playing tennis, visiting cafés and frequenting some of fine eateries dotted around in the least expected places, meeting loads of people both at work and at leisure. Barbequing, drinking, eating, meeting. generally having a ruddy good time!! loving life. not loving forking out all the money for things I never could never have expected but that's the reality. rough and smooth. took a little drive up to moore river last month, thoroughly recommend grabbing a kayak and "messing around on the river". great place to chill out! so yeah works good, life's good. just wanted to say hope all is well. By the way I'm just setting up my own venture so if anyone needs any work doing with air conditioning at low prices please PM me, visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/hallidayair or email at hallidayair@gmail.com. or jot it down and stick it on the fridge, you may need it when the summer hits again :) and your support is most welcomed.

Gaz

Hey Gaz

Only just seen this post,i've messaged you back

Good luck glad you are settling in and the Facebook link looks good! (you will need a good fridge man soon :cool:?)

Edited by 7cdb