what are you doing at this moment

odies

1. Probably, things move quickly here houses are usually advertised when empty or about to be vacated so the quicker you can move the more appealing you are as a tenant. Depends how fussy you are in what you want too.

2. Then you move! Break leases happen all the time here.

3. Normally they want six months first so they can see if they like you, private ones can ask for 12 though, most i have seen offer six months first.

4. What docs are you referring to? All the new id you need? You can do mail redirections here if you move, or get a po box.

5. If you can prove you have funds for the term of the lease, you wont have an issue if you don't have work.

6. You cant! Uniform shop tends to only be open when school is, so bizarre. Depending on the school you may be able to buy generic things from kmart, lowes, best and less, then just get the shirts with the school emblem on when the shop opens. Some open a day or two before schools go back, but most just open in the morning on school days, and then only one day a week normally. The amount of parents i have seen asking what they need for school this week, you wont appear to be any different from all the other people here that seem to have left school uniform and book shopping til the last minute!

1. Probably, things move quickly here houses are usually advertised when empty or about to be vacated so the quicker you can move the more appealing you are as a tenant. Depends how fussy you are in what you want too.

2. Then you move! Break leases happen all the time here.

3. Normally they want six months first so they can see if they like you, private ones can ask for 12 though, most i have seen offer six months first.

4. What docs are you referring to? All the new id you need? You can do mail redirections here if you move, or get a po box.

5. If you can prove you have funds for the term of the lease, you wont have an issue if you don't have work.

6. You cant! Uniform shop tends to only be open when school is, so bizarre. Depending on the school you may be able to buy generic things from kmart, lowes, best and less, then just get the shirts with the school emblem on when the shop opens. Some open a day or two before schools go back, but most just open in the morning on school days, and then only one day a week normally. The amount of parents i have seen asking what they need for school this week, you wont appear to be any different from all the other people here that seem to have left school uniform and book shopping til the last minute!

thank you so much for this. We will have to make sure that we have enough money in the bank account to cover the lease then, whether for 6 or 12 months...

Thanks for the info, so much to think about. I will sleep better for your post, thanks so much. The ID was for a TFN, Medicare, Driving Licence etc.

As for the sleep side.. let me rephrase that, I will sleep IF my OH turns down the superbowl... which seamlessly links to what Im doing now... typing with the Superbowl on!

I'm reading this thread whilst trawling through rentals and noticed that a couple of you have commented on being in new rentals so my question is this...

I've booked a holiday rental for first 6 weeks. I NEED to find a rental by then...but am worried for the following reasons... so this is what Im doing right now... stressing!

1) Will we find a rental we want within 6 weeks 2) what If we have to just have something and then the dream house comes up 3) how long do rental agreements last 6months? a year? 4) I hope we get back all our docs while we are still in holiday rental 5) what if we don't get a job in that time, will we get a rental if we don't have the income coming in... 6) how do I buy school uniform when its holidays when we arrive and the school uniform shop is closed.

these are simple things... but man do they keep me up at night!! ... OMG at this rate I will be having a breakdown before we even get there! :)

I seem to recall you mentioning your kids will attend St Mark's. They will come in during the holidays for you. You just need to call in advance to arrange it. St Mark's uniform shop will open during the holidays as routine between the summer/winter and winter/summer terms ie. the April holidays and the October holidays. If you are arriving during the July holidays you just telephone them and they will come in for you, they did for me. Hope that settles your mind a little.

Just had the viewers around that came on sat for a second view. They came armed with a tape measure. They didn't want to look anywhere, just wanted to measure up the living room to see if their sofa would fit. Shouldn't they be buying a sofa that fits in their house and not buying a house that fits around their sofa???

it fits anyway lol

Debs

Just had the viewers around that came on sat for a second view. They came armed with a tape measure. They didn't want to look anywhere, just wanted to measure up the living room to see if their sofa would fit. Shouldn't they be buying a sofa that fits in their house and not buying a house that fits around their sofa???

it fits anyway lol

Debs

Whoop it fits!!!!! Fingers crossed offer's on the way!

Good luck Deb

We just not getting people thought the door, hope things pick up soon. Going to leave house empty and hope we get work quickly to send the mortgage money back and hope it goes soon.

Deb

Whoop it fits!!!!! Fingers crossed offer's on the way!

Can you put it interest only deb. Won't reduce the amount you owe but you'll be paying less for your mortgage while your waiting for it to sell.

Debs

Or see if you are entitled to a payment holiday? We've got an empty house we're selling and we've arranged a payment holiday with the mortgage company for the next 3 payments. With a bit of luck we'll have sold it by the time the repayments are due to start again :)

Deb x

Heard from the second viewers. They want the house. They have an appointment with a financial advisor at my estate agents on sat and will come through with an offer after they know how much they can borrow. Not getting excited yet. Don't wanna count my chickens and all that. But woo hoo.

Debs

Brilliant news! I'll keep my fingers crossed :)

Heard from the second viewers. They want the house. They have an appointment with a financial advisor at my estate agents on sat and will come through with an offer after they know how much they can borrow. Not getting excited yet. Don't wanna count my chickens and all that. But woo hoo.

Debs

A big step in the right direction, fingers crossed for you!

Good news made up for you for you hope it all works out.:arghh: Another week as passed and still no luck with r house 10 weeks b4 we go.

Horrible isn't it. I think it'll pick up soon. I have considered the costs of a validation trip for the 2 of us and reduced the price by that. That was a couple of weeks ago and since then I've had 5 viewers so it was worth it. The couple who were interested have made me an offer that's insulted me. Told them to clear off. They know I'm migrating and probably think I'm desperate. I'm not desperate, just eager. I don't mind reducing it a little further but their offer was taking the mick. My house is a 3 bed semi with attached garage. Gardens front and back. Across the road in the same cul-de-sac is a 2 bed terraced, no front garden, no garage, no dining room and a triangle shaped back garden that's in the shade all day. They offered me the same as what the house across the road is up for. Cheek.

When you go deb is it one way? What will you do if it doesn't sell before you go?

Debs

After an epic session in the kitchen creating mincemeat flapjacks (went a bit overboard at Christmas with the mincemeat!), rocky road slice and Rice Krispie cakes for darling daughters birthday tea tomorrow I'm off to go and get ready for my birthday meal out tonight (a couple of days early).

Is it your birthday today akasully? Have a good one if it is!