what are you doing at this moment

odies

After an epic session in the kitchen creating mincemeat flapjacks (went a bit overboard at Christmas with the mincemeat!), rocky road slice and Rice Krispie cakes for darling daughters birthday tea tomorrow I'm off to go and get ready for my birthday meal out tonight (a couple of days early).

Is it your birthday today akasully? Have a good one if it is!

Hi, yes it is my birthday.

We had the day planned, we were meant to be going to a fancy historic hotel with sweeping grounds for the weekend. As we were driving to drop the boys off at their grandparents we found that the roads were so badly flooded that we had to turn around and head home. Weekend cancelled! :sad:

Instead we went to a restaurant with the boys but the food and service were poor so that wasn't great either. Left before desert and headed for a shop to pick up some sticky toffee pudding with cream at home. I then fell asleep in the sofa! Not quite what I had in mind,

Hi, yes it is my birthday.

We had the day planned, we were meant to be going to a fancy historic hotel with sweeping grounds for the weekend. As we were driving to drop the boys off at their grandparents we found that the roads were so badly flooded that we had to turn around and head home. Weekend cancelled! :sad:

Instead we went to a restaurant with the boys but the food and service were poor so that wasn't great either. Left before desert and headed for a shop to pick up some sticky toffee pudding with cream at home. I then fell asleep in the sofa! Not quite what I had in mind,

Console yourself by thinking about what you might be able to do for your next birthday :-)

Happy (slightly belated!) birthday Askasully! Sorry it didnt quite work out the way you wanted but hope you managed to enjoy the sticky toffee pudding!

I am currently just debating with hubby about what to take for breakfast at the beach. I think its a little chilly, but he wants to go and the kids will enjoy it, so whats the harm! looking like bacon, sausages and eggs, just hope the bakers opens soon so we can get some bread, otherwise its going to be very messy!

Edited by Walkabout

Thank you. Still my birthday so not belated! Chilly on the beach? What time is it? When does the heat kick in?

Of course - forgot its not the next day yet! its 6.40am here, heat can kick in early and it is often quite warm by 9am, but has been a chillier night here (dropping to 18!) so just not as warm as other mornings when it is still 25 when you wake up! - not complaining though as I am sure we will survive!!

We have booked a one way we are going to leave a couple of months money to pay mortgage and we just hope it goes it so hard not knowing what to do for the best. We have reduced it quite a bit and like you do not mind a little bit more but people want it for nothing.

Good luck.

Deb

Horrible isn't it. I think it'll pick up soon. I have considered the costs of a validation trip for the 2 of us and reduced the price by that. That was a couple of weeks ago and since then I've had 5 viewers so it was worth it. The couple who were interested have made me an offer that's insulted me. Told them to clear off. They know I'm migrating and probably think I'm desperate. I'm not desperate, just eager. I don't mind reducing it a little further but their offer was taking the mick. My house is a 3 bed semi with attached garage. Gardens front and back. Across the road in the same cul-de-sac is a 2 bed terraced, no front garden, no garage, no dining room and a triangle shaped back garden that's in the shade all day. They offered me the same as what the house across the road is up for. Cheek.

When you go deb is it one way? What will you do if it doesn't sell before you go?

Debs

Happy Birthday Akasully2!

I am just watching Top Gear and catching up with my lovely friends on PP and what you have all been up to!! Oh and the obligatory glass of wine!

It is my 30th in a week and just found out I am being taken for a romantic weekend away wohoo! The boy did good!

Hi Akasully2

That's so funny, before we flew out my daughter and I kept looking at labradoodles and every time we passed one Emily would ask is that what her dog would look like. Since being here I think we are going to get a cavoodle, they are a bit smaller and more like a teddy bear (I even know which breeder we will be getting him/her from). Now Pete has a job we will start to think what we are going to do about our long term living accommodation, so all weekend the kids have been getting excited about getting our kitten and puppy as it is going to happen this year, and as the house we are renting has now been sold, the new owners have said we are not tied into our contract, they can't force us out before the end of the lease, but if we find somewhere before we can leave and not break our lease, so we might be getting our new family members earlier than anticipated.

I want to watch Call the Midwife but OH has something else on, Hawii 50. At least mine is being recorded. Just Been sewing on Cubs badges. Anyone out there in Oz have a child who does scouts? If so, is it the same as the UK or do they do it differently?

My son was a scout in the UK and I was quite involved with him and his pack. He loved it and really wanted to continue here so it was one of the things we signed him up for pretty early on.

Our experience was completely different to the UK. Being so close to the river it was more like a Sea Scouts, which is no bad thing but we just thought it was indisciplined and poorly organised. The kids turned up and ran riot for the first half an hour while the leader drank tea with the parents. The structured exercises were very basic and by the third week my son turned to me and said, "Can we just learn about knots from Youtube?"

Maybe it was just that club, we should try another but with a heap of alternatives like Surf Lifesaving it's not high on our priorities.

I want to watch Call the Midwife but OH has something else on, Hawii 50. At least mine is being recorded. Just Been sewing on Cubs badges. Anyone out there in Oz have a child who does scouts? If so, is it the same as the UK or do they do it differently?

Yes they have scouts here. You start in Cubs until about 10.5 and then Scouts. I find the group is only as good as the Akela. My daughter loved cubs, her Akela was fantastic. Lots of structured activities and she learnt heaps. Moved onto scouts and it was a totally different story and only last 1 term. Really didn't like it. http://scoutswa.com.au/

I agree with you that it is only as good as the leader. We have been lucky to have fantastic leaders that really motivate and inspire the kids. Only had one disorganised one who was at beaver cubs. It was awful. They had a 'pick your own' farm visit. When I collected him she didn't ask the parents to officially sign them out, she just let them wonder off (6 year olds!). I made a point of telling her I was taking him and she looked at me as if to say, 'and?' He lasted 3 weeks.