Lou8670

Singapore hotels and apartments

Lou8670    10

Any recommendations on areas or hotels and apartments in Singapore for our stopover? It's always awkward as we are a family of 5.

Lou x

Druid    20

I have just had a week in the 'BIG' hotel, the rooms reminded me of a 5 star prison (6x6) cell, not recommended, I would recommend something down by Clarke Quay.

We spent a week at Somerset Liang court serviced apartments and loved it, although I don't know what it cost, dearest daddy paid:cute: I imagine there is a minimum booking period of a week, don't know if you're planning on stopping that long?

There were two bedrooms and I think a sofa bed in the lounge room, it shared the pool with the Sheraton and was right near Clarke quay. Breakfast was also included, it was a bit of a free for all at times depending on what time you got down there, but had all that you could want for. There was also a little shopping mall with a food court and supermarket downstairs.

ali    92
    We spent a week at Somerset Liang court serviced apartments and loved it, although I don't know what it cost, dearest daddy paid:cute: I imagine there is a minimum booking period of a week, don't know if you're planning on stopping that long?

There were two bedrooms and I think a sofa bed in the lounge room, it shared the pool with the Sheraton and was right near Clarke quay. Breakfast was also included, it was a bit of a free for all at times depending on what time you got down there, but had all that you could want for. There was also a little shopping mall with a food court and supermarket downstairs.

We stayed there too, great location, think they pool share with the Novotel. They also do 3 bed apartments

verystormy    46

If you are flying with Singapore Air, then check out their deals for staying over as they subsidise the hotels very heavily and provide transfers between the hotel and airport

Lou8670    10

We've been having a few problems with our internet this week and it keeps freezing so we couldn't get past the flights on Singapore airlines website to see what the options were on the hotels. We'll have to try again at the weekend.

We were recommended Great World Apartments; has anyone else stayed there by any chance?

Lou :biggrin:

flatpack    10
    If you are flying with Singapore Air, then check out their deals for staying over as they subsidise the hotels very heavily and provide transfers between the hotel and airport

We are flying with Singapore and have booked a stopover with them at Carlton Hotel but they DO NOT subsidise them. We only booked through them because it saved the hassle.

2 nights in August for a room for 3 people with breakfast was £515 and we saw it on various other booking sites for around £425 but that's without transfers. Singapore transfers are by shuttle bus and for a private car it's an extra £90 so all in all just around the same.