How to say thankyou.

travelchic

I've got a friend who I'm leaving behind. She has helped me out loads over the past 3 years. Cooked meals for me and my family when I was poorly, filling up my freezer when I've been skint on sick pay, giving me good advice. She's just always there for me. And it's always a one way street. I don't feel like I do anything for her. Not because I don't want to but because she's never needed me for anything. I want to say thankyou. But I don't know how. I always say thankyou and she knows I appreciate everything she's done for me. But I want to do something to say thankyou.

Any suggestions??

Debs

Do you have any photos of you doing stuff together? On Groupon at the moment they are doing this offer of a photo montage on canvas. Ours arrived today, just been looking at and it's fab. Bought it as present for the parents. Different options on how they are grouped and size. Very impressed and on special price of around £30 from £90, but that is a very big one.

Alternatively, get photos printed onto a cushion?

Not into photos? Make up a wicker hamper of special bits and pieces that she can enjoy over time. Could be hand made bits or shop bought, food and also cute bits and bobs that you know she would like. Top off with a bow and a thank you card.

Any good?

Edited by Akasully2
Sausage fingers and auto correct weirdness

I was going to suggest a photo book of the two of you together - you can also add captions to the pics (I've done them of the kids for relatives and did one for my daughter after her school ball).

A book that might have special meaning for her

Make a ticket for free accommodation at your place in Aus

I was going to suggest a photo book of the two of you together - you can also add captions to the pics (I've done them of the kids for relatives and did one for my daughter after her school ball).

haha Ali I like that idea of free ticket . I might start dishing them out to my friends/ family who I know will never come over!

Every little counts when your saving for migration!

Lauren:)

Guest guest9824
I've got a friend who I'm leaving behind. She has helped me out loads over the past 3 years. Cooked meals for me and my family when I was poorly, filling up my freezer when I've been skint on sick pay, giving me good advice. She's just always there for me. And it's always a one way street. I don't feel like I do anything for her. Not because I don't want to but because she's never needed me for anything. I want to say thankyou. But I don't know how. I always say thankyou and she knows I appreciate everything she's done for me. But I want to do something to say thankyou.

Any suggestions??

Debs

What about a Catheter bag with a piccy of your face beaming back at her! Lol:laugh:

...or ......maybe not....

What about a lovely box, like a gifts type of box, filled with pictures and memories of times you have shared together written down on nice pieces of card, and maybe promises included in it that you will promise to be the hostess with the mostest as and when she comes to visit you. Now be nice to me with your replies, the pool is beckoning!! Keep yr eye on the prize Deb...lol x

Ali you were a post ahead of me.... I was going to suggest making a digital scrapbook too of photos of the two of you of things you had done together.... or give her an IOU of free board and lodging for when she comes out to have a holiday with you in the future years.

Debs you are good with words, have you considered hand writing a journal about all the things you love about her... things you have done together... special moments between you both etc.... there are some amazingly beautiful blank journals around these days.... even include a special photo or some small memorabillia that means something to the pair of you.

haha Ali I like that idea of free ticket . I might start dishing them out to my friends/ family who I know will never come over!

Every little counts when your saving for migration!

Lauren:)

I would be careful of who you give them to though... you might just end up with house guests you don't really want! Talking from experience here!

Thats fab. I have to get one of them. Wonder if they'll allow all the words I want to put on it ha ha. Catheter bag if deffo going on it. I work with her sometimes in urology. I am tame compared to her. She is totally bonkers. You can only imagine the laughs we have. Now to think of up to 30 words that are ok for print ha ha. Sometimes she invites jonny and me to hers for a Sunday roast. She'll text me saying were having LOL (leg of lamb) pmsl. That's going on ha ha

Thanks beany x x

Debs

I would be careful of who you give them to though... you might just end up with house guests you don't really want! Talking from experience here!

oh no.... I was just kidding about.

Its a lovely idea though in all seriousness.

Ha Ill miss all my friends and family dearly but I suppose a house full at one time not good!

I like lots of me and just family time lol. Thanks for heads up though.... :)

Lauren :)

Check out 'Not on the High street' too.... Thay have some really cool stuff!... I bought my bestest friends and my sisters 'a little bag of happiness'.... Only £5.00 each but they all loved them!... Have a look if you get a mo xx

http://www.notonthehighstreet.com/leelu/product/little-bag-of-happiness

They're cool. Gonna order some of those.

Debs