New WA criteria 😡😡😡😡😡

sagar

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey sagar,

I am really sorry to hear that it affected you. I had no sleep last night but I think I am all good. The only thing to do now is wait. I dont think any occupation on sch 2 gets invitations straight away as I have been waiting for 3 months now.

WA announced new criteria for state migration coming into effect on 1/3. I was waiting to see if there was any change to the schedule 1&2 lists or what they mean. It seems things may be slightly easier if you meet the criteria above but your occupation is schedule 2. I'm just waiting for advice from the migration agent as to what this really means?? I'm confused about whether IELTS is now mandatory given we have 60 points without needing the IELTS?? :frown:

Hi do you mind telling me where you found this.

Also during the year when do they change the skilled list. I'm not planning on applying until July/August but just found out my job is on schedule 2 if I go for state sponsorship which is what I was hoping to do with the extra points.

I'm thinking with this the only thing we can do is get going with the vetassess make sure we can get thru that then see if we can secure a contract job for a yet subject to visa as my hubby's role is schedule 2 and that's been the same since the last changes in oct/nov last year!! Note to self why didn't we do this a year ago we could have had it sorted by now - you know when your timing just sucks......

Whats interesting is that it is saying the Peel region(including Mandurah) in now restricted for the 489 visa meaning you need an employment contract if you want to go there. If your occupation is schedule 1 you don't need a job.

Its also saying evidence must be shown of settlement funds for 3 months for 190 and 489 visas.

WA announced new criteria for state migration coming into effect on 1/3. I was waiting to see if there was any change to the schedule 1&2 lists or what they mean. It seems things may be slightly easier if you meet the criteria above but your occupation is schedule 2. I'm just waiting for advice from the migration agent as to what this really means?? I'm confused about whether IELTS is now mandatory given we have 60 points without needing the IELTS?? :frown:

I found the link :

http://www.migration.wa.gov.au/skilledmigration/Pages/HowtoapplyforStateSponsorship.aspx it says if you have a passport for the UK you don't need the language test (if I'm reading it correctly).

For your EOI to be eligible you must meet all the following criteria:

•Score at least 60 for the DIBP points test. This includes the points for State nomination which are automatically included in your EOI:

o Five points for the Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190); and

o Ten points for the Skilled Regional (provisional) visa (subclass 489).

•Have evidence of a skills assessment suitable for permanent migration in your nominated occupation.

•Have an available nominated occupation on the Western Australian skilled migration occupation list schedule 1 or 2 (WASMOL).

•Have evidence of at least competent English. This is defined as an International English Language Testing System (IELTS) result of at least six in each band. If your occupation is listed on the WASMOL under managers or professionals, you require a score of seven in each band for IELTS or a B in the Occupational English Test.*

•Be younger than 50 years of age.

•Have at least one year of work experience within Australia or three years of work experience overseas within the last ten years in your nominated or closely related occupation.

•Have selected ‘Western Australia’ or ‘Any State or territory’ as your preferred State.

*If you have a passport from the United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand, the United States of America or Ireland you are not required to sit an English exam.

I don't see what the change is?

Hey buddy,

You need 1 year experience minimum australian or 3 year overseas no matter you claiming points for that or not.

apart from that you need 7 bands and also no more offer you need all details of contract like pay and super which is mentioned in a normal contract.

Hey buddy,

You need 1 year experience minimum australian or 3 year overseas no matter you claiming points for that or not.

apart from that you need 7 bands and also no more offer you need all details of contract like pay and super which is mentioned in a normal contract.

I think it's a good thing to have experience in your nominated field - after all they're after skilled workers.

Other visa require a good standard of English.

The job offer for schedule 2 occupations isn't new.

Which changes are you against Sagar?

Don't know what your occupation is sagar but has it changed from sol to csol?

Debs

not that i agree with state's new criteria.

I am facing problem with 1 year experience i have only got 6 months and i am currently working in nominated occupation which is welfare worker in which i am a disability case worker .

I think it's a good thing to have experience in your nominated field - after all they're after skilled workers.

Other visa require a good standard of English.

The job offer for schedule 2 occupations isn't new.

Which changes are you against Sagar?

I have all of it except experience ..

can i tell the state that i am already working in my occupation and have achieved 50% of experience and can provide a contract for next 12 months

I have Ielts all 7 and contract in welfare worker

I thought to pass the skills assessment you have to have 3 years work experience anyway and at least 12 months out of the last 24 to make sure experience is current? So state nomination isn't asking for anything that you don't already need anyway

Edited by nikkiwd

I am really not seeing a lot of change here.

You only need ILETS if not from the UK

The experience would be needed in most cases for a skills assessment anyway

The job requirement has always been the case for schedule 2 occupations and the new rules do not apply to schedule 1 - so no real change.

Guest Philipp Teleshevskiy

Hi Guys.

I am planning to apply for 190 and move to WA. I am chef, schedule 1, live in Sydney.

New criteria says that for those who live outside of WA, full time contract is compulsory. So, if I live outside of WA I have to provide contract? Or is this only for professions from schedule 2 ?

Thanks