Heating

Cat

Hi all, we have only been here a couple of weeks and just moved into a long term rental. At the moment the house is absolutely freezing. We have no heating system at all. I have been out and bought heaters. People in the shops think I'm strange, they said we don't usually sell heaters at this time of year. How do you manage with no central heating?

Does as anyone in Australia get central heating?

We have Reverse cycle air conditioning, so cool in summer, warm in winter, We also have a gas fireplace which hardly gets used, some homes have under floor heating, I suppose your only bet is electric heaters, even now the nights and mornings are cool it won't be long till the weather is warm to hot all the time, then we will complain about the heat.

we have reverse cycle aircon but have oil radiator for bedroom which i switch on half hour before going to bed and a smaller one for the bathroom when having a shower also purchased one of those plug in gas fires so we swapped rooms for the winter to use that plus our onesies and blankies

We bought a gas fire this year for our rental. Last year we had to make do with an electric fan heater and a second electric heater to make it half decent. It is the downside of open plan living! Lots of layers always works! The good old electric blanket travels with us all over the world! In a months time you will be roasting and it will all be a distant memory!

I will probably be selling this before next winter, the new house has ducted reverse cycle & no gas bayonet to plug it into, it's an Everdure Brigadier 7 bar 25MJ with varying settings on a recirculating fan, you get a choice of 3, 5 or 7 bars, when on full with the fan it's gets a family area nice & toasty in a couple of minutes :biggrin:

image.jpg

I will probably be selling this before next winter, the new house has ducted reverse cycle & no gas bayonet to plug it into, it's an Everdure Brigadier 7 bar 25MJ with varying settings on a recirculating fan, you get a choice of 3, 5 or 7 bars, when on full with the fan it's gets a family area nice & toasty in a couple of minutes :biggrin:

If you are selling then do let me know, I may well be interested! Thanks.

Yup, bought two of these this winter off Gumtree (Harvey Norman wanted almost $700).

Awesome heaters. Means the washing gets dry pretty quick too.

Have one of these in the lounge.... very efficient. Have a Rinai convector heater in the kitchen/family/living room and this is brilliant too. Look on Gumtree before buying new as there are always newish heaters for sale there. If buying second hand just remember to have it serviced before using it.

• 7 months later...