Scam

Benjamin19306

So looks like I won't be coming perth turns out the job was a scam ! A man called Daniel Larkin doesn't exist he has all my details and has taken money out of my account I feel so stupid right now :(

You poor thing.

Don't feel silly, These people are clever and know exactly what they are doing.

Get pre-occupied with something else instead now!

Guest Guest6235

What line did this scumbag give for you to send money to him / her directly?

I'm even wary of putting my full address down on a CV, I usually leave my house number off and the 'experts' say never put your D.O.B on either, as they could go using your I.D.

I'm sorry you've lost money in this way.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

Just came across this and it has me slightly worried, I have been offered the same job, was meant to fly out on the fifth but that got changed, I could not get hold of Daniel but then managed to and it seemed he had not been getting my emails as I had been replying through Indeed and not directly and as the job and been removed by him from Indeed this seemed to be the issue.

Since then I have received flight details and actual flight tickets for the 12th of February, things got delayed apparently due to the Indeed email issue.

I have even called the airline and my flights have been booked for the 12th, just wondering what peoples thoughts are and how I can check this even further, I have not paid for anything other than a crb check and that came today in the post and I have sent it over to him. Just want to make sure this is all fine and what is going on.

I received today an email from Daniel Larkin offering a job ,telesales adviser.i should go in Perth for training and if I want I can come back in uk,to work here.however,the airplanes tickets,visa and accommodation for 1-2 month the company will pay,everything they will pay.my question is : should I doubt about this job?

I received today an email from Daniel Larkin offering a job ,telesales adviser.i should go in Perth for training and if I want I can come back in uk,to work here.however,the airplanes tickets,visa and accommodation for 1-2 month the company will pay,everything they will pay.my question is : should I doubt about this job?

I also received this email, it said there was 2 spaces available because two people dropped out. Daniel said these places could be filled by myself and my girlfriend. It all seems too good to be true, and if there was only 2 spaces and he offered them to myself and my girlfriend as well as you, it seems a scam. Upon searching the images on their website, 2 of the images were linked to 2 completely different people with different professions. As I said, it all seems too good to be true.

How awful for you Benjamin and what a nasty piece of work whoever Dan Larkin is ! I really hope Karma hits hm for six sometime in the future. Sam Sandsrson beware doesn't sound very promising. I'd double check your bank accounts/credit Cards etc you may have given details you're not aware of these professional conmen are very clever. Good luck.

These jobs sound highly suspicious. Telesales? And they'll fly you to the other side of the world? What visa are they saying they'll bring you on because I can't for the life of me think which one!?!?

I feel absolutely awful for you if this is a scam. Report it to the UK and Perth police. It sounds like there are quite a few of you potentially being taken for a ride and that's just those of you on here as willing to say you might have been conned. How many more are reading this and panicking right now but feel too embarrassed to say or aren't even on this forum?!?! Is this Daniel even reading this?!? :shocked:

Just thought I would update you on my situation, spoke with Daniel again today and he said my working holiday visa should be approved any day now. I have the flights and I called the airline back up and they did confirm he had booked them and I do have an open ended return ticket leaving on the 12th. I am still trying to work out how they would benefit in all this if it was a scam, should I be worried about going etc.

Just thought I would update you on my situation, spoke with Daniel again today and he said my working holiday visa should be approved any day now. I have the flights and I called the airline back up and they did confirm he had booked them and I do have an open ended return ticket leaving on the 12th. I am still trying to work out how they would benefit in all this if it was a scam, should I be worried about going etc.

I dont know what your arrangement is with this company but do you know on a Working Holiday Visa you can only work for an employer for 6 months and the visa is only for a year?

I do not have any arrangement with anybody, I am now worried I am going to go out there as a 20 year old on my own and something bad will happen to me.

I am fully aware I can only work for them for 6 months this was explained to me and I know the visa is for 12 months, everybody knows that you only have to look online.

My concern is that I get there and this is something far more sinister.

I have checked up on the company and was even sent their registered australian details. I was not concerned until I had read this, my mum says to not believe it and to go as australia is a safe place and Daniel is meant to be meeting me with my parents at heathrow anyway but my dad is furious and wants more details.
Do you really think for one minute that some one is going to fly over from Australia to meet you at Heathrow, these are telesales jobs! This does not sound right. Why would a company pay for UK people to come over and fill 6 month Tele sales positions, there are hundreds of people over here already that could do that job.

I also received this email, it said there was 2 spaces available because two people dropped out. Daniel said these places could be filled by myself and my girlfriend. It all seems too good to be true, and if there was only 2 spaces and he offered them to myself and my girlfriend as well as you, it seems a scam. Upon searching the images on their website, 2 of the images were linked to 2 completely different people with different professions. As I said, it all seems too good to be true.

Got the exact same e-mail today saying 2 people had dropped out and they was ready to book a flight for me and Visas. All seems very dodgey