my first week

odies

Well had a great flight in business, really enjoyed our journey to our new life. We were a little stressed in Dubai as we arrived 1 hour late leaving very little time to grab the whiskey and baccy, we only had a 2 hr window to the next flight.It turned out better for us also as we had loads of cases way over the 80 kg and got let off.

We began with the bank, very easy and the bank cards arrived 4 days later, medicare next, given a number straight away and the card to follow, we can then do the driving license . Applied for the free bus/train pass and seniors card by post. We did the doctors and no problem even have an english doctor, made an appt. for end of the month for my repeat prescription.Did a new sim with optus on a monthly pay as you go until I know what I am doing.

Visited Joondalup, Kings Park, Yanchep, Jindalee and went to Freemantle for the famous fish and chips.

Met up with Annjean yesterday and had a coffee, went over to the Dome in Butler to see Rob T but he was not in, hopefully going for a walk with Akasully tomorrow.

Taken the grandchildren to school done some washing and ironing and looking forward to not feeling in this holiday mood soon.

Blimey Odies, you've certainly packed it all in! Can't make it tomorrow now after all. Sorry. Got a few things to do in the morning and know I'll be busy next Thursday too. I'll have to do a rain check for now.

Other may be there tomorrow. The lovely ladies will make you very welcome.

Wonderful update, so very pleased to hear you're finding your feet, and most importantly doing the Nana duties. What are your impressions of the areas you have visited so far, nice for us wanabies to read. :)

I'm from Carnforth and can assure you it's great here. I occasionally miss the countryside when my family post pics of home but on the whole it's fantastic. Hopefully Odies will have the same impression.

well they are my first impressions since arriving for good not on holiday as I have been here before loads of times. It is a different feeling knowing you are here forever and start pinching yourself when you walk along the beach esp. at Yanchep, it is a lagoon there and is crystal clear, across the road is a park for the children . So clean is one of the first thoughts wherever you go, even though it is very windy up north you do not seem to see all the litter you do in the UK.

I like where we will be living in Jindalee, a small beachside suburb, with everything we need close by, shops, doctors,dentist,train station, cafes, walks along the beach and friends I am about to make.

Freemantle my hubby likes, as it is like it used to be in the beginning , a bit of history, good park there too for the children.

Joondalup shops have extended since I last came, very pleased with the new top floor in the shopping centre.

We went for a walk to the Mindarie marina and thought this felt different as we had visited so many times on holiday but we were now living here, this time our eyes were on the fishing spots and how dear the pint was.We then walked along the front to Quinns and had a coffee in Portifinos, how people put this area down I find hard to believe.

Travelling down to Freemantle esp. the tourist ride, you get swept away by the views of the sea, but in the suburbs along the way some of the houses are gobsmacking big. I will miss the green fields over time, but at present finding life very nice, thanks

well they are my first impressions since arriving for good not on holiday as I have been here before loads of times. It is a different feeling knowing you are here forever and start pinching yourself when you walk along the beach esp. at Yanchep, it is a lagoon there and is crystal clear, across the road is a park for the children . So clean is one of the first thoughts wherever you go, even though it is very windy up north you do not seem to see all the litter you do in the UK.

I like where we will be living in Jindalee, a small beachside suburb, with everything we need close by, shops, doctors,dentist,train station, cafes, walks along the beach and friends I am about to make.

Freemantle my hubby likes, as it is like it used to be in the beginning , a bit of history, good park there too for the children.

Joondalup shops have extended since I last came, very pleased with the new top floor in the shopping centre.

We went for a walk to the Mindarie marina and thought this felt different as we had visited so many times on holiday but we were now living here, this time our eyes were on the fishing spots and how dear the pint was.We then walked along the front to Quinns and had a coffee in Portifinos, how people put this area down I find hard to believe.

Travelling down to Freemantle esp. the tourist ride, you get swept away by the views of the sea, but in the suburbs along the way some of the houses are gobsmacking big. I will miss the green fields over time, but at present finding life very nice, thanks

Sounds like you are settling down to life here just fine Odies!!

If you find yourself missing the countryside just come in land a bit. The hills area, Great Northern Corridor (Walyunga/Avon Valley) and Chittering Valley all have some beautiful countryside. There are some lovely walks through the national parks (the Railway Heritage Trail through John Forrest is a lovely easy walk, with a tavern in the middle for refreshement!). Chittering is particularly lovely in spring when all the wild flowers come up, and the Bindoon Bakery is well worth the scenic drive through the valley. More than happy to be a guide if you ever want to pop over for a cuppa! x

Sounds like you are settling down to life here just fine Odies!!

If you find yourself missing the countryside just come in land a bit. The hills area, Great Northern Corridor (Walyunga/Avon Valley) and Chittering Valley all have some beautiful countryside. There are some lovely walks through the national parks (the Railway Heritage Trail through John Forrest is a lovely easy walk, with a tavern in the middle for refreshement!). Chittering is particularly lovely in spring when all the wild flowers come up, and the Bindoon Bakery is well worth the scenic drive through the valley. More than happy to be a guide if you ever want to pop over for a cuppa! x

Bindoon Bakery had a visit from Prince Harry today!!!

Oh Odies! Great to hear from you and from over there permanently :jiggy:

Sounds wonderful and you've done so much already, must feel so different seeing it in a different perspective - I wonder how it will be all the time looking from different eyes....thanks for updating us on your travels xxx glad you're well