Treating a wicker chair

Budgie

Has anyone shipped over any wooden furniture that needed to be sprayed or whatever at customs? I have a wicker chair which I want to bring but I'm told it won't be alllowed. It has huge sentimental value so was wondering the approximate cost of them treating it ( or where I might find out the cost) so I can bring it in?

Thanks xx

I brought some wicker furniture too and before packing, cleaned and resprayed it, and it was just listed as "chair", "laundry basket", "book shelves"..... no probs. But having said that, I had packed some bedding and hadn't realised the homemade lavendar bags were still mixed amongst them, and they were binned and cost me a fine!

Long funny story. We decided not to risk fetching our old dogs ashes and were leaving them with our in laws. Well day 1 of packing dogs ashes left in urn in a box on window sill in lounge. Movers left to come back next day. Left me a chair the tv my bed all kitchen items. Well id had new carpets laid upstairs took a bit of carpet gripper to the bin Bang CRACK i fall break my bloody leg my leg. Dramas stuck outside i bum shuffle to doorstep. Guy turns up as he was buying dog kennel. He gets kennel .... By now im in pain he goes gets cushions off sofa to make me comfy rings my sister comes back kneels down asks im how i am. BANG i faint wake up in his arms :: Embarressed:: He rings ambulance sister turns up...... Turns out hes a policeman. Any way next day movers come finish packing my FIL supervises. I ring him in eve have you got Rowly safe no he says thought you had him. Oh my lord hid this for 4 months from hubby. Our container arrived me dreading this as some items were binned as would not pay extotionate fee for treatment. Thinking Rowlys burnt for second time. Johns un packing a box ....

Yea he found Rowly ?????? He got through phewwww .... Hes now back where he belongs in the wardrobe as he,always slept in the bedroom with us ....:jiggy:

Long funny story. We decided not to risk fetching our old dogs ashes and were leaving them with our in laws. Well day 1 of packing dogs ashes left in urn in a box on window sill in lounge. Movers left to come back next day. Left me a chair the tv my bed all kitchen items. Well id had new carpets laid upstairs took a bit of carpet gripper to the bin Bang CRACK i fall break my bloody leg my leg. Dramas stuck outside i bum shuffle to doorstep. Guy turns up as he was buying dog kennel. He gets kennel .... By now im in pain he goes gets cushions off sofa to make me comfy rings my sister comes back kneels down asks im how i am. BANG i faint wake up in his arms :: Embarressed:: He rings ambulance sister turns up...... Turns out hes a policeman. Any way next day movers come finish packing my FIL supervises. I ring him in eve have you got Rowly safe no he says thought you had him. Oh my lord hid this for 4 months from hubby. Our container arrived me dreading this as some items were binned as would not pay extotionate fee for treatment. Thinking Rowlys burnt for second time. Johns un packing a box ....

Yea he found Rowly ?????? He got through phewwww .... Hes now back where he belongs in the wardrobe as he,always slept in the bedroom with us ....:jiggy:

Oh thank God that Rowly was found and is safely in the wardrobe ... you've made my night Elfie.

As an aside - to the OP you can take a chance and many people have got away with it - however, should they chose to inspect more closely there is a risk that you will have to pay to have it treated.

• 4 weeks later...