Ladies Thread..

Guest Hushpuppy941
Hi Ladies, and whoever??? no matter how far anyone is away from their families,

if someone still in Britain has anyone close with a computer, surely, they and you

could encourage them to see each other on Skype? Even 80 year olds can be taught to connect and log in. I know this how? I taught my Dad who is 89 (yesterdays birthday).

I am not a Pom, but have a daughter living in London, East Wimbleton I`m told.

I also have a grandson, who is 18 months old, he and his mother are returning here next week for a short stay...and no I haven`t ventured to Britain, but we communicate via Skype. I know British telecom has adeal where, they allow free calls to landlines in Australia... if you don`t know about it, its time you learned and showed your families before you immigrate surely!?? One way of seeing the grandies grow up, or families grow. No offence meant!:wubclub:

Totally agree skype is great but as my mum keeps saying it's not the same as being able to hug someone and watching them grow up in person! Although it is better than when there was no skype! :biggrin:

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi Fiona , glad to see you on here , my family are coming over in Aug im so excited its their first trip out , though i am really dreading them going home again as well .. i can't wait to show them everywhere here though ..

How long are yours here for ?

Wow jackboots that'll be brill for you!

..it's one thing my hubbie always wanted, was his family to visit and he could show Perth off to them:biggrin:..my family are there and know Perth well, but his have never been to visit..it's such a shame for him they never have made the effort..maybe when we come back it'll happen..what family are visiting you?

:wubclub:Goodmorning goodevening perth ladies

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend :huh:abit stormy in devon .... so the children and i are making bread and pizzas tomorrow , if the weather stays like this

Hi Bridey:smile:..how are you?..it's a bit stormy here in the South as well..thunder, lightning and rain..the lot!..warned my 24 year old son to bring his washing in before it lashed down, but he forgot, and has just told me he didn't peg any of it, so we may have clothes hanging from the trees in the morn:rolleyes:..what they like!!

Guest Harrison Clan
Hello Perth Ladies. May I join this thread? I'm Fiona and I'm sad to be going back to work after 2 weeks off....sob...not fair, had a lovely couple of weeks with my family visiting from the UK...

Hi Fiona :smile: I always hate going back to work after my hols, one day back and it feels like you've never been away :arghh:

Hi Bridey:smile:..how are you?..it's a bit stormy here in the South as well..thunder, lightning and rain..the lot!..warned my 24 year old son to bring his washing in before it lashed down, but he forgot, and has just told me he didn't peg any of it, so we may have clothes hanging from the trees in the morn:rolleyes:..what they like!!

Hi Terri im good !

the rain has stopped for a bit. think we may have a night of it coming , the terrier is hiding under the table and he is only like thta when the thunder is around .. Lol at your son :biglaugh:

Just waiting for an email off the hubby :nah: but i don't think it will be coming now ( got to love forces email from sea not lol )

You ok Terrie ?

Guest Harrison Clan
Hi Sharon and Elaine,

My lot are here for 8 weeks. Been here for 2 weeks so far. They've been out a few times now, fun but tiring trying to keep everyone happy. Makes you remember why you emigrated, lol.

I couldn't cope with my outlaws for 8 weeks. I love them to bits but I can (only just) cope with them when they come to stay for 2 weeks here, anything longer and :arghh: Mind you, FIL's wanted to visit Oz for years and MIL won't go, will be interesting to see what happens if we go...

Wendy x

:wubclub:ok ladies i wonder if you can help

In 2004 we went to albany and stayed with my husbands 2nd cousin /aunt i can't remember but they were in their 80's .Had a lovely time .

Now we lost contact with them because they move around alot . I have found a picture of them in a picture on church site in Albany !

I just want to tell them that we are possibly coming to perth and so would love to see them again . :frown:But i don't want them to think that because we are moving to perth we are only getting intouch for favours ( we aren't ) .

What do you think if i send send an email to their Vicar ( i believe ) and ask if she could give them an email we send to her ?

Hi Terri im good !

the rain has stopped for a bit. think we may have a night of it coming , the terrier is hiding under the table and he is only like thta when the thunder is around .. Lol at your son :biglaugh:

Just waiting for an email off the hubby :nah: but i don't think it will be coming now ( got to love forces email from sea not lol )

You ok Terrie ?

Yeah good thanks:smile:..looking forward to a relaxed weekend..mind you it's pretty chocka at the mo..both mum's birthdays this weekend, so will be taking pressies over..it's my mum's 70th bless her and somewhere inbetween that a shopping trip and visit our daughter!..worn out just thinking about it lol..

Guest Harrison Clan

:biglaugh: typical man :biglaugh:

We've just got fog here, can't see past the end of your nose

:biglaugh: typical man :biglaugh:

We've just got fog here, can't see past the end of your nose

Hi Wendy:smile:..how are you?..yes we have a saying in our house..well i have..'man eyes'..why is that they can never see whats right in front of them..they need very precise instructions to find a pair of socks:confused:..i miss my daughter so much, now being the only female in the house!..

In 2004 we went to albany and stayed with my husbands 2nd cousin /aunt i can't remember but they were in their 80's .Had a lovely time .

Now we lost contact with them because they move around alot . I have found a picture of them in a picture on church site in Albany !

I just want to tell them that we are possibly coming to perth and so would love to see them again . :frown:But i don't want them to think that because we are moving to perth we are only getting intouch for favours ( we aren't ) .

What do you think if i send send an email to their Vicar ( i believe ) and ask if she could give them an email we send to her ?

I think it's a great idea Bridey, and im sure they'll be delighted to have contact with you..

Hi Wendy:smile:..how are you?..yes we have a saying in our house..well i have..'man eyes'..why is that they can never see whats right in front of them..they need very precise instructions to find a pair of socks:confused:..i miss my daughter so much, now being the only female in the house!..

:arghh:argh my hubby is like that if i say go to the drawer to get something i have to tell him , what drawer,what room, is it in the back or front , or under something :arghh:

Are you doing anything nice with your mum for her birthday ?

Brides x

Guest Harrison Clan

Hey Terri, I'm good thanks hun, glad it's Friday and I can chill tomorrow lol :SLEEP: How are you doing? Sounds like you've got a busy weekend ahead of you. How many kids have you got?

Wendy x

I think it's a great idea Bridey, and im sure they'll be delighted to have contact with you..

Its so wierd he helped build the church ....so i searched it and there they are in a picture eating sandwiches playing bingo :biglaugh:

Will do it next week ..maybe she can help them send an email back lol

Guest Harrison Clan

I say go for it Bridie :smile:

Guest Harrison Clan
Hi wendy ,

ewwww don't like fog lol

It's bloomin' horrible and we get days of it here at a time, the joys of living by the coast!

:eek: please tell me Perth doesn't get foggy :wideeyed:

Guest Harrison Clan
:arghh:argh my hubby is like that if i say go to the drawer to get something i have to tell him , what drawer,what room, is it in the back or front , or under something :arghh:

Brides x

And even after you tell them exactly where it is they still can't find it... "I've looked in that drawer and it's not there"... erm yeah it is :biglaugh:

Guest Harrison Clan
:biglaugh:i know when i was in albany it was cold "!!!!!!!!:biglaugh:wore a jumper to bed .

In our old house, the windows used to freeze on the inside as well as the outside it was that cold in winter :biglaugh: we had that many layers on it was scary... used to go into the walk in freezer out the back at work and it felt warm :biglaugh:

In our old house, the windows used to freeze on the inside as well as the outside it was that cold in winter :biglaugh: we had that many layers on it was scary... used to go into the walk in freezer out the back at work and it felt warm :biglaugh:

omg that brings back childhood memories :biglaugh:The net curtains freezing to the windows ! Omg and the bathroom and toilet bloody freezing brrrrrrrr

Brides x

Yes we are having a big family meal tomorrow evening at a restaurant:smile:..lots of extended family..so it'll be lovely for her..