Ladies Thread..

Guest LaneyOOO

Lovely day indeed Jackboots, had to work but was still a nice day, then had my 2 and my 2 nephews after school till 5pm, geez they can eat!!! you would think we never fed them lol.

Have a great night everyone

Elaine xx

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello to all the ladies , i hope you have had a good day or about to , wasn't the weather great here today .. warm and sunny , the tree's are turning red .. Autumn the best season i think :smile:

Hi jackboots:wink:..hope you are good..been at work today, but we've had a lovely sunny day here too..even got a bit of tanning done after work..my palour not quite as pale now!!

Hi Terri , all good here thanx .. funny that im the palest ive ever been since living in Perth ..i am so sun Aware , as well as in side most days !

that's so true..in Aus i didn't to the tanning thing..didn't need to really and the sun aware thing is huge, but over here where you get so little of it, it's too tempting..mind you they are becoming more aware over here too..we only had an assembly about it the other day at the school i work at..back when i lived in Perth in the 60's/70's 'slip slop slap' was not heard of..can't remember us slappin' on the sunscreen...my poor ol' Dad burnt the bottom of his feet on one of our trips to Cottesloe:wideeyed:..good job they are so much more aware now!!!..hope you've had a good day:smile:

Hi Ladies, I wont be on here much in the next 3 weeks, as my adult kids will be here with their children, but I was wondering whether any of you have given a thought to organising a Cancer Tea Morning. The Biggest Morning Tea is an Australian Icon, since one of the cricket team captains ( an AustraliaN) wives, died from it. Its organized thought the breastcancer web site. go to the biggestmorningtea.com.au and check out what I am suggesting. or don`t as the case maybe! You have to register it if you plan on holding one.

Its on a day before an event I am organising so I won`t be attending, but as there seems to be a Tea house business in both Mandurah and Rockingham, I thought it a good idea that someone mention it..I know there are quite a few members of this website in the Peel district, and while other groups are organizing some events, I thought as *Poms *who are the greatest tea drinkers (past history it might be haha:biglaugh:)someone might like to do it. even if a few of you meet at either the steel tree in Baldivis,( very nice place with good atmosphere) or the merchant tea house in Rockingham or Mandurah. It loses credibility if its held at Jamaica Blue or Dome. A gold coin donation only is the norm, when holding an event such as this. Just a suggestion for getting together.:jiggy:

Good%20Morning%20(210).jpg

Goodmorning to ladies in Perth and PP ladies!..

the weekend is here again thank goodness..been a bit of a stressful work week for me, but it's our little lads birthday, so having a party and stuff..will be fun! Have a good weekend all:biggrin:

:wubclub:H ello Terri ...hope you have a great weekend too !

Time to recharge your batteries this weekend after work eh

Great news for you:biggrin:..what are your plans now for moving over?

Hopefully move down in March then where ever we blow in to lol he is hoping he will get work in the mines, the companies were interested in his trade and told him to contact when he has left the navy .

Oh did your mum have a nice birthday meal ? x

Hopefully move down in March then where ever we blow in to lol he is hoping he will get work in the mines, the companies were interested in his trade and told him to contact when he has left the navy .

Oh did your mum have a nice birthday meal ? x

Yes thanx..she had loads of family and friends come and she had a great time!..the meal portions were huge when we ordered them, so we were all stuffed at the end..my poor Auntie ordered Banoffee Pie and it was like the Himilayas when it came out!:shocked:..her face was a picture lol..

that sounds really good about the mines..it's booming over there and plenty of work and new mines..good to have that ahead of you..

Message on my answer phone this am to say that my optitions appointment needs to be rearranged - they don't open until 9am and that's the time of my appointment so looks like I won't be going. I'm having my pupils dialated - it makes me look like i'm been on a major drugs bender for the rest of the day and I even have to wear sun glasses indoors - the kids think it's hillarious - will have to find something else to do with my saturday morning.

Message on my answer phone this am to say that my optitions appointment needs to be rearranged - they don't open until 9am and that's the time of my appointment so looks like I won't be going. I'm having my pupils dialated - it makes me look like i'm been on a major drugs bender for the rest of the day and I even have to wear sun glasses indoors - the kids think it's hillarious - will have to find something else to do with my saturday morning.

ew!:eek:..what do they have to do to dilate your pupils ali?..hope you had a good 'alternative' sat morn:smile:

Guest Liz B

Trying to do the ironing but the irons conked out and had to buy a washing machine yesterday Grrrrrr. Helping with homework later and trying to convincing the brussel sprout haters to have some with there dinner, no chance!

Is there good walks where you are Fiona? We liked the look of Woodvale and would have liked to live round that way, good high school also.

Enjoy the weekend all.

Liz

:wacko:

Guest guest1228
Trying to do the ironing but the irons conked out and had to buy a washing machine yesterday Grrrrrr. Helping with homework later and trying to convincing the brussel sprout haters to have some with there dinner, no chance!

Is there good walks where you are Fiona? We liked the look of Woodvale and would have liked to live round that way, good high school also.

Enjoy the weekend all.

Liz

:wacko:

Hi Liz, yes loads of lovely walks near Woodvale. Yellagonga regional park has lots of different entrances/exits, you can walk in the bush, by the water, past the roos. Theres also Neil Hawkins which is also Yellagonga I think, its massive. I like walking round Yanchep national Park too, round the lake. Where are you Liz? Have a good day.

Guest Liz B

We are in Clarkson, so not far from Mindarie, Burns etc. Not where we would have chosen, but panicked about buying. Been here 2 years and no problems, but my advise would be to take time over areas. Easier said than done, with schools etc to think of.

Liz

We went to canning vale markets , bought some plants .. came home had a roast dinner and now zonked .. back to monday again it does go quickly !

Hey jackboots:smile:..we were living in Canning Vale last time we were there..it's prob where we will return to later this year..our lad made some good little mates at school there and we're use to the area......and yes Monday does come around so quickly, eh?..have a good week..

Sounds like you all had a nice weekend. Still Sunday am for us just taken one of the kids jogging round fleet pond, were working on our bikini bodies for dec..... Now I'm gonna have some well earned breakie before we take the youngest to the park....the stabalisers are coming off today :) followed by roast lamb and a pile of ironing later.

Happy days!

Hey jackboots:smile:..we were living in Canning Vale last time we were there..it's prob where we will return to later this year..our lad made some good little mates at school there and we're use to the area......and yes Monday does come around so quickly, eh?..have a good week..

We used to live in leeming and the markets are so near to there its good fun on a sunday am if its raining even better its under cover ! i have friends who live at canning vale they love it ..very central . have a good week yourselves :wubclub:

Hi Liz, yes loads of lovely walks near Woodvale. Yellagonga regional park has lots of different entrances/exits, you can walk in the bush, by the water, past the roos. Theres also Neil Hawkins which is also Yellagonga I think, its massive. I like walking round Yanchep national Park too, round the lake. Where are you Liz? Have a good day.

Not been to Yanchep lately then fi , the lake as that magda bird says is gawn lol dry as ghandis thongs