British fish and chips

Jony001

This is a bit of a novelty making a warning post on PP. I have edited and deleted a number of posts, some because they contained a quote from a deleted posts and others because they had personal insults. Can I remind everyone of our forum rules http://www.perthpoms.com/forum/welcome-perth/3491-forum-rules-guidelines.html.

We are all entitled to our opinion - lets discuss it like adults, there are going to be people who will flock to something that says "British" whilst there will be those who won't - we don't need to resort to insults to prove a point.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a bit of a novelty making a warning post on PP. I have edited and deleted a number of posts, some because they contained a quote from a deleted posts and others because they had personal insults. Can I remind everyone of our forum rules http://www.perthpoms.com/forum/welcome-perth/3491-forum-rules-guidelines.html.

We are all entitled to our opinion - lets discuss it like adults, there are going to be people who will flock to something that says "British" whilst there will be those who won't - we don't need to resort to insults to prove a point.

Good on you Ali... it was getting a bit like PIO there for a while:wink:!!

Read to me like handbags at dawn......:wink:

Not even that, although I'd like to point out that only one person was making personal insults which had to be removed. I was going to write a longer post, but don't want to bore people and would have had to reference deleted comments so won't bother.

Anyway as Duncan Bannatyne would say: "amoot"

Ross

Guest guest9824
Not even that, although I'd like to point out that only one person was making personal insults which had to be removed. I was going to write a longer post, but don't want to bore people and would have had to reference deleted comments so won't bother.

Anyway as Duncan Bannatyne would say: "amoot"

Ross

ohhh I do miss Dragons Den, Ross

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
The best fish and chips by far, are at Sharky`s, Mandurah......

I visited that establishment back in 2009 when visiting Mandurah, and I forgot myself and asked for cod & chips. The girl behind the counter looked at me 'gone out', I think she thought I was being clever :)

Anyway I tried what I think now was Hoke or Hoki or something like that, it wasn't bad, but you can't beat any North Atlantic cold water fish.

I have near me in Shipston-On-Stour a great chippy, large portions too.

Guys, Guys.... To all complaining there is no fresh cut chips in Perth F+C shops you need to do your research.

Crimea fish & chips on Crimea street in Morley and Groper & his wife in City Beach both do fresh cut chips.

Both are a long distance from the northern suburbs though so i see this place doing well ; although it would be nice to have a local fresh fish alongside the imported frozen stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Spanish_sarah

The most important question for me is whether you'll be cooking the chips in vegetable oil or animal fat? I really miss proper chips made from potato but also struggle to find vegetarian chips anywhere here. If you going to do veggie proper chips I'd happily driver anywhere you set up!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest9824

..bit gutted as we made the journey last weekend only to find the chippy was shut (Sunday) it looked like the place had taken a real hammering the night before...we made the journey all us peas....only to find the shop shut! Had to make do with the Currumbine bistro....I have never seen a plate of food so huge in my life! Please Rossf can you fix it for me to have proper fush and chops soon...

peax

Be prepared to wait......

Somebody told me it took 45 minutes last Saturday to get some chips ! (chups - she was a kiwi)

I thought I'd give it a go last night (Wednesday) and there were lots of people loitering outside. I had to ask 2 separate people where the queue started. As I joined, the couple in front of me gave up and went away. After 21 minutes in the queue, when I was next but one to order, I heard the girl say there were 30 orders still to be cooked. I gave up myself and went home. A guy collecting his order said that it had taken 50 minutes (not sure if that was since he placed his order or the whole process)

I'd been looking forward to it opening and had looked in on the fit out 4 or 5 times in recent weeks but I shan't go back 'til it's a proper takeaway - i.e you get your stuff in 10-15 minutes. It's great that it's such a success and I take my hat off to them but for me it doesn't work at the moment. I'd rather be in the Indian having a beer...

I'd been looking forward to it opening and had looked in on the fit out 4 or 5 times in recent weeks but I shan't go back 'til it's a proper takeaway - i.e you get your stuff in 10-15 minutes. QUOTE]

Your fish and chips in no more than 20 minutes or get them free........ Now there is a marketing ploy....... (Or is it impossibe?)

Over to you Rosshf :wink:

Edited by StraighttothePoint

Somebody told me it took 45 minutes last Saturday to get some chips ! (chups - she was a kiwi)

I thought I'd give it a go last night (Wednesday) and there were lots of people loitering outside. I had to ask 2 separate people where the queue started. As I joined, the couple in front of me gave up and went away. After 21 minutes in the queue, when I was next but one to order, I heard the girl say there were 30 orders still to be cooked. I gave up myself and went home. A guy collecting his order said that it had taken 50 minutes (not sure if that was since he placed his order or the whole process)

I'd been looking forward to it opening and had looked in on the fit out 4 or 5 times in recent weeks but I shan't go back 'til it's a proper takeaway - i.e you get your stuff in 10-15 minutes. It's great that it's such a success and I take my hat off to them but for me it doesn't work at the moment. I'd rather be in the Indian having a beer...

Where is the chippy? We have been looking for it for the past few weeks. May give it a go instead of our usual Friday night curry, always phone the order through and end up stood waiting 25 minutes for it anyway!

Guest SheffLass

We tried the fish n chippy at Currambine twice and LOVED it!! I've seen far more positive comments than negative; they have only been open a week after all. Once they're in the swing of things it will be even better in a few weeks!! Here's some pics of the chippy... :)

Edited by portlaunay
No FB links please

Guest guest9824
We tried the fish n chippy at Currambine twice and LOVED it!! I've seen far more positive comments than negative; they have only been open a week after all. Once they're in the swing of things it will be even better in a few weeks!! Here's some pics of the chippy... :)

Please Shefflass describe the 'taste sensation'.....:wink:

Edited by portlaunay

We went on the first Sat it opened.

the taste can only be described as divine..

i had a white pudding...tbh it was a lot smaller than you would get it Scotland but tasted like heaven.

The chips were to die for..

please please start a chain bringing this chip shop to every suburb..

• 3 years later...

I rate Connolly NOR fish & chips over the 'Blingy' overpriced Currambine fish & chips that you have to wait an hour for in popular times, they need to take a leaf out of UK's chippys & cook 'en mass' at peak periods & not to order, even at busy times I have only ever waited 10-15 mins in Connolly, and they do mushy peas & curry sauce.

I rate Connolly NOR fish & chips over the 'Blingy' overpriced Currambine fish & chips that you have to wait an hour for in popular times, they need to take a leaf out of UK's chippys & cook 'en mass' at peak periods & not to order, even at busy times I have only ever waited 10-15 mins in Connolly, and they do mushy peas & curry sauce.

I'm a Connolly resident so I frequent regularly and agree that since it was taken over a couple of years ago it is much improved. If you like pizza, try Romanos next door.