what are you doing at this moment

odies

Still waiting for Parents visa 143 to be granted, such a long long wait, so we have decided to go visit some European cities for 3 days or so, and since New year, we have visited, Berlin, Rome, Venice, Prague, Bruges, Rotterdam, Eindhoven, with Madrid and Cardiff planned! One way of killing the time, plus seeing some places we have had all our lives to visit, but realise, if we don't go now, we wont come back to see them!!

Still waiting for Parents visa 143 to be granted, such a long long wait, so we have decided to go visit some European cities for 3 days or so, and since New year, we have visited, Berlin, Rome, Venice, Prague, Bruges, Rotterdam, Eindhoven, with Madrid and Cardiff planned! One way of killing the time, plus seeing some places we have had all our lives to visit, but realise, if we don't go now, we wont come back to see them!!

Loving your attitude Steely.....

Relaxing at home after a lovely day at the beach watching the girls and their lovely friend surfing. Our 6 year old has really taken to the sea and had a very proud mummy moment when a surfer commented how determined she was and good technique (thanks to SurfGroms program!). Our 8 year old always game to give surfing a go but prefers dance classes.

We have been so very blessed since arriving in November 2014. OH has been lucky to get a very busy and demanding job at a local winery and I've been lucky to find part time work at the local Free Range Egg Farm.

Both girls enjoying their school and extra curricular dance and sports.

We have made some lovely friends through the school and church and just hoping the WA economy picks up as we've had some friends in Perth badly affected by the downturn.

Its taken a little get used to Margaret River but after spending some time in Perth we are really glad we live in the SW and love having our friends come to visit.

I don't get onto the Forum very often as we spend most of our time outdoors and away from technology when at home - living the good life!

Relaxing at home after a lovely day at the beach watching the girls and their lovely friend surfing. Our 6 year old has really taken to the sea and had a very proud mummy moment when a surfer commented how determined she was and good technique (thanks to SurfGroms program!). Our 8 year old always game to give surfing a go but prefers dance classes.

We have been so very blessed since arriving in November 2014. OH has been lucky to get a very busy and demanding job at a local winery and I've been lucky to find part time work at the local Free Range Egg Farm.

Both girls enjoying their school and extra curricular dance and sports.

We have made some lovely friends through the school and church and just hoping the WA economy picks up as we've had some friends in Perth badly affected by the downturn.

Its taken a little get used to Margaret River but after spending some time in Perth we are really glad we live in the SW and love having our friends come to visit.

I don't get onto the Forum very often as we spend most of our time outdoors and away from technology when at home - living the good life!

So good to hear from you SaffanZimbo and that you are all doing so well. I have family down in Margs and I was there recently and wondered how you were going and if the person I almost bumped into in Lloyds amazing store could have been you! Nice place to live.... very envious! Rossy

So good to hear from you SaffanZimbo and that you are all doing so well. I have family down in Margs and I was there recently and wondered how you were going and if the person I almost bumped into in Lloyds amazing store could have been you! Nice place to live.... very envious! Rossy

Hi Rossmoyne, yes we are indeed very lucky to be living in Margaret River. At first we thought "what have we done???" but after a few months we came to appreciate how lovely the town is and how friendly the people are. Our girls are flourishing and we have a lovely group of really genuine friends. We have a lovely work/life balance compared to the UK. I do miss our family, old UK neighbours and friends and the girls awesome school in Maidenhead but loving the Australian way of life. I love Lloyds store but don't go in there very often as I have very little willpower and they have amazing stock!

• 2 weeks later...

Medicals done yesterday! As far as we know the bits that the Health centre where we had the medicals in, we were ok, just have to wait for the X-Ray and HIV results, in a couple of weeks.....gotta say though, although Karen (my better half) breezed through her tests, I struggled with high blood pressure! This then got me stressed thinking that this would stop us getting the visa, however the doctor was superb, and said to relax and they would try again........thankfully, I did relax, and lowered the score sufficiently! Scary for me as I get my blood pressure monitored as part of an annual asthma check, and it has always been low....just goes to show how wound up I must have got myself! So back to waiting it is

Steely at least the medicals are over and done with..... just facing something like that will get anyone's blood pressure up and I am sure they are well aware of that! We are waiting to here that you will be arriving soon!!!

We will be arriving on 2nd June, be it with 143 visa, or holiday visa!

We have 2 friends from the internet who have come over at christmas waiting for their 143 to come through, they came on a holiday visa, their visa came through a couple of weeks ago, they went over to Bali and came back to validate. Might see you soon then

We have 2 friends from the internet who have come over at christmas waiting for their 143 to come through, they came on a holiday visa, their visa came through a couple of weeks ago, they went over to Bali and came back to validate. Might see you soon then

We are going to look into this, not sure how we go about our removals just yet. Removals booked for pick up, but not sure if we can move it all across without the 143 visa.

• 1 month later...
We are going to look into this, not sure how we go about our removals just yet. Removals booked for pick up, but not sure if we can move it all across without the 143 visa.

Could they keep it in storage for you until you give them the green light?

After a few weeks in Queensland visiting son who has no internet at his new house (What?!) I am home again and finally catching up on Perth Poms and PomsInOz. So much to catch up on..... and not enjoying the chilly weather in Perth after the balmy days of Queensland!

Glass of Houghton's best at my side and wondering where April went garden-wise. Time to dig over the vegie garden ready to replant and those roses and hedges need a massive prune. Guess I am going to have a very busy week!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...