Tesco Sainsbury Asda

Cumbria

Hi everyone,

We are just a month in Perth

We are missing supermarkets from UK terribly

Specially in WA there is not much variety as you would find in UK

Is there anywhere we could get British items in the supermarkets?

Even Aldi in Eastern states is not round here. :ssign1: We welcome any suggestions

Many thanks in advance

Mike

Aldi will be arriving in WA very soon! In the meantime we have found that Coles and Woolworths have had in the main a decent variety particularly the larger stores. If not there is the on line option or an internet search for local british stockists. It would largely depend on where you are based I guess?

Aldi will be arriving in WA very soon! In the meantime we have found that Coles and Woolworths have had in the main a decent variety particularly the larger stores. If not there is the on line option or an internet search for local british stockists. It would largely depend on where you are based I guess?

Oh I love that Aldi will be arriving, just in time for us getting there I hope! :biggrin:

Thank you Zebradeb.

We live near Willetton area

Please can you let me know the big store branches of Coles and Woolworths where they stock British items. For instance, McVities digestive

They have them at the Woolies Southlands store at Willeton (they're with the biscuits). IGA at Leeming also stocks some British Items, but honestly, if you try different varieties then you will find an alternative you like. I too found the variety lacking initially, but then my hubby said "Just how many tins of beans do you want to choose from .. you always get the same one anyway"

They have them at the Woolies Southlands store at Willeton (they're with the biscuits). IGA at Leeming also stocks some British Items, but honestly, if you try different varieties then you will find an alternative you like. I too found the variety lacking initially, but then my hubby said "Just how many tins of beans do you want to choose from .. you always get the same one anyway"

This is so true. I remember seeing Manchester United ketchup in Tesco's once. It was there on a shelf with about fifty other brands of ketchup. What's the point?

I said on your other thread I think you need to look at what it is you truly miss and I feel the same as ali, why do you need that variety? You're in a different country, try different things. Isn't that why you came, for something different?

Have you looked at a place called ' spud shed' in Jandakot? It's only 10-15 min drive from Willetton. Ok, it's not for British stuff but I find a lot of good grocery stuff including (but not limited to) fresh vegetables, fruits, meat, etc which is much CHEAPER than any supermarkets/ stores out there. If you haven't been there, try it!

I totally understand that you miss certain things, but surely you are in Australia because you wanted to change the life that you had in UK. Part of that change is the adventure of trying new things and shopping in different shops. You can buy a lot of British stuff here if you know where to go, but it can be expensive. Try different Australian brands - you never know you might find things you prefer.