Cars driving into homes

Guest Guest6235

Well I can honestly say I am not surprised. On Friday I was driving next to a very big truck and the driver had a clipboard on the steering wheel and was filling in paperwork, whilst driving in a school zone and then today a young lady was driving behind on the Marion Avenue and from Karrinyup all the way to Butler was applying her make up, from foundation, through to powder, then blusher then eye shadow, with a police car two cars behind. Half of me admired the way how she was applying it and still stopping at traffic lights without hitting me, the other half was bloody fuming because she can cause so much devastation and heartache, just because she did not have time to put on her make up at home.

Guest Guest6235

A lot more regular here though in comparison, almost on the news daily about another stolen car, hoon or general bad driver crashing into a house.

Edited by Guest6235

Guest Guest6235
Well I can honestly say I am not surprised. On Friday I was driving next to a very big truck and the driver had a clipboard on the steering wheel and was filling in paperwork, whilst driving in a school zone and then today a young lady was driving behind on the Marion Avenue and from Karrinyup all the way to Butler was applying her make up, from foundation, through to powder, then blusher then eye shadow, with a police car two cars behind. Half of me admired the way how she was applying it and still stopping at traffic lights without hitting me, the other half was bloody fuming because she can cause so much devastation and heartache, just because she did not have time to put on her make up at home.

I did have to smile how you put 'you admired the way she applied it' funny.

A lot more regular here though in comparison, almost on the news daily about another stolen car, hoon or general bad driver crashing into a house.

I would have thought it would happen more in the UK as houses are often close to the roads. But I guess if your walls are three feet thick the cars will come off worse.

Arwen, how awful was that recent ? I too wonder about how they keep driving into homes. When I was first over they said corner house plots/ houses are harder to sell, where in the Uk people always wanted the corner house for more garden and only 1 neighbour, I did remark the other day is that why nobody wants the end house in case some idiot drives into it . In the uk you did hear about if something hit a house, mainly the wall outside, it was always in the local papers as well, but nothing like here.

Guest Guest6235

No no Ann. We have had nice days out to parks & beaches and mentioned places to go to for those that have asked. This subject just seems to be more here. UK drivers not that bad really 60+ million or whatever compared to the 2million here. Don't get all defensive, a forum is for good and bad. [emoji3]

I am not surprised as, haven lived and worked all over the world I find the driving standards here some of the worst I have ever seen anywhere. In fact for the first two years I refused to believe there could possibly be a driving test in place.

This is is an example.

Last Friday,nas normal, I took my wife to work. It is about 15 mins drive each way. Part on a highway then through the city centre of mandurah.

In that time we saw:

Two cars lose control and leave the road

one go straight over the top of a roundabout

multiple cases of extremely dangerous tail gating.

And the best - a driver who have way round a large round about decided to start giving way to the left! So stopped (almost causing a pile up) and caused havoc.

Sadly, this was not an unusual day. Tailgating in particular is a massive issue. The first email I sent back to my best mate in the UK after arriving in perth was "Very pretty place, very clean. But I think all the drivers are gay because they want to be up my a£@e all day.

• 1 month later...

Could be that as VS says driving standards are poor they cant filter for toffees and have no road manners. Also the fact that you can pass your test get in a 4 ltr car plus engine and drive. The likelihood of that in the UK is very low as car insurance is much higher especially for young drivers that is if they can get an insurance company to insure them in a high engine car. Petrol is cheaper so they can hoon till all hours and not worry about the fuel bill no MOT so cars are not as road worthy as the UK.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Where I lived in the UK I only once came across a car hitting a house. It was a busy main road going down a hill amd then onto a T junction that had a mini roundabout. It hit the house in front of the mini roundabout. I can say with absolutely certainly that I will never hit a house, its hardly a difficult thing to avoid.

• 2 weeks later...

This is interesting Keefo, as stolen cars are almost a thing of the past in the UK due to the UK fleet being fairly new with built in immobilisers, I did notice that there are a lot of older cars in Perth that can still be stolen with a screwdriver!! :laugh:

Guest Guest6235

There was a brand new 4x4 Navara or something similar pinched at Trigg last week but not sure if the thief had access to the keys as the victim was surfing. I'm sure some idiots also leave keys in the ignition but I'm sure thieves have a way of stealing other new ones too.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest6235
Are you a member of every residents page in Perth Keefo?

Ha ha Scott...just NOR, mainly business pages as I have to be, I hear all sorts from my customers from all suburbs. Has Maria allowed you back on the residents page yet after your disagreement. I see your Leeds are into the hat for the next round.

Also forgot to mention, in October I joined a local neighborhood watch,only about half dozen of us but it's people who can be bothered to look out for others that have concerns about the area. Some sit back and smell the roses and I guess some get involved.

Edited by Guest6235