Accountant Jobs

Guest nicola1234

Guest nicola1234

Hi

Just wondering what the job market is like at the moment for Accountants.

I am a chartered accountant (ICAEW) & recently managed to join the ICAA. My other half is AAT qualified. I am currently a Company Accountant in the UK & the OH is an accounts assistant, and we both have practice experience.

Just wondering how easy it is to get jobs at the moment & whether they are all in Perth or if there are jobs in the northern suburbs? Coming overin October to validate Visa & look for jobs before moving permanently in January.

Any info would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks

Nicola :)

• 2 months later...
Guest countingthedays

Hi Nicola

I am an ACA to, me and my Husband are moving permanatley to Perth in January 2011. I have been speaking to Hays Perth and it seems there is plenty of work available.

How did you get your membership to ICAA, I thought you had to know two ICAA members to get this? Or do you?

Regards

Claire

Guest nicola1234

Hi Claire

I have spoken to a few agencies and it seems like there is plenty out there at the moment so fingers crossed we wil be able to find something.

I only had one reference from an ICAA member which means that you can apply with special circumstances or something like that as long as you have a couple from ICAEW members to go with it, so I was lucky in that respect that they accepted me. They said if they didnt accept me then it wouldnt be a massive problem when I first arrived and after being in the country a short while you should be able to get someone to write you a reference.

Have you done any research into the Australian rules etc - I havent yet, dont know where to start really.

What part of Perth are you looking at moving to?

Nic

Guest countingthedays

Hi Nicola

I will have to wait until I get over to become a member, but I can become affiliated anyway.

I havn't really started much research yet other than the Tax System, I tryed searching for study manuals etc but didn't get very far! It's hard to know where to start.

We are planning to rent in Clarkson long term, but are staying in Ocean reef for the first month, are you looking NOR also? It would be good to meet up once we are both there!

It would also be good to hear your feedback from your trip in october, we decided not to do two trips as with a young daughter this was all a bit much! But we know some people in Perth and have been over to Australia 3 times in the past.

Claire

Guest nicola1234

Hi Claire

We are also looking North. We decided to make the trip as we have never visited Oz before and thought we better check it out - although we have decided we are going whatever as we cant decide a lifetime in just a few weeks!

We are hoping to sort out somewhere to live in October. We are looking at Clarkson, Ridgewood or Quinns areas most probably, but also want to check out Kinross and Ellenbrook.

Would be great to meet up will let you know how October goes and what the agents etc have to say.

Keep in touch & good luck for the next few months preparing for the move!!

Nicola

• 8 months later...
Guest The Spanns
Hi Nicola

I am an ACA to, me and my Husband are moving permanatley to Perth in January 2011. I have been speaking to Hays Perth and it seems there is plenty of work available.

How did you get your membership to ICAA, I thought you had to know two ICAA members to get this? Or do you?

Regards

Claire

How did the move go? Did you look for a job when you arrived or was that sorted before you left the UK? Did you do independent or sponsored visa? Getting mixed views, some people say get sponsored by employer for visa but many employers want you out there with visa before considering you. Did you use Hays in the end? They seem confident to be able to place accountants.

Thanks

• 6 months later...
How did the move go? Did you look for a job when you arrived or was that sorted before you left the UK? Did you do independent or sponsored visa? Getting mixed views, some people say get sponsored by employer for visa but many employers want you out there with visa before considering you. Did you use Hays in the end? They seem confident to be able to place accountants.

Thanks

Hello all,

I have a number of accountanct and senior accountant positions available with more or less immediate starts. If you are still looking this is working for a large practice in the CBD with great prospects.

If you are still looking email me at dean.hewitt@dhappointments.com.au

I'm an ACMA, and moving over here found that companies didn't really understand what it was - having questions like 'so is that a real accountant?' grrrrr. In the end I got CPA recognition and it seems the Aussies understand that makes me a 'proper accountant!' For the tax, in Australia we have tax consultants called ITP (Income Tax Professionals), they are always looking for seasonal (tax season) workers and run a pretty good course (April to June) that will give you the basics of the tax system, and you'll get some casual work out of them for the tax season (July to October). There are lots of accounting jobs around, mostly in the city, but you will find regional jobs too, take a look at Seek.com.au

Hope this helps

PS as you can see I diversified, though still do accounting part time for a local charity :smile:

Tracey