Nursing CV

I was wondering if any of the kind nurse types on here could take a look at my OH's CV and give us some pointers on how to improve it for Oz? Possibly @ali ? I've read through a few old threads but any fresh advice on job hunting would also be great. She's got lots of years ICU experience, the last two of which as a Junior Sister (Clinical Nurse?).

Thanks

The CV can be in the same format - the key is to address the selection criteria when applying for jobs.  Although I would mention in your CV your visa status e.g. PR.

The key word for the selection criteria is 'demonstrate' .  I would always suggest doing the selection criteria separately - eligibility for registration is usually the first and this just needs to be a sentence saying what your registration number is and when it expires.  I've not seen the selection criteria for 'general' nursing, but e.g. in MH one of the criteria might be 'Demonstrated clinical knowledge and experience of evidence based nursing care within mental health" .. So you'd write what you know about evidence based practice and how you incorporate that into your work - give a clinical  example to demonstrate this.  All jobs may have different selection criteria - this is what is looked at in order to shortlist.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/10/2019 at 12:45, NorthumbrianDavid said:

I was wondering if any of the kind nurse types on here could take a look at my OH's CV and give us some pointers on how to improve it for Oz? Possibly @ali ? I've read through a few old threads but any fresh advice on job hunting would also be great. She's got lots of years ICU experience, the last two of which as a Junior Sister (Clinical Nurse?).

Thanks

Hey ,  i presume you will be applying for jobs once land in Oz .... as no chance sending from UK buddy. 

Exchange rate getting better too i reckon