Just over one week in....

EmsyEss

Can't quite believe we've only been here just over a week! Here's a bit of a rundown on what we've managed to get done so far... we've sorted bank accounts, savings accounts etc, enrolled with Medicare, visited my new place of work I start at on Tuesday, sorted out phone contracts, registered with Centrelink, bought laptop, printer GPS and car, sorted out health insurance, car insurance and breakdown insurance, met up with some fellow Perth Poms and family friends, visited a local childcare centre, bought car seats for the girls, visited the doctors and sorted out the girls' catch up vaccinations, viewed a few rental houses around Kingsley/Greenwood, sorted out a part time job for my hubby in Swan Valley (he's taking 6 months off full time to settle the girls) and done a lot of sightseeing (Hillarys Boat Harbour, Pinnaroo Valley Park, Whiteman Park, Swan Valley, Mullaloo Beach)... oh and we've drank our fair share of good coffee and wine...

We already feel at home here and absolutely love watching the girls enjoy the outdoors way of life here. They have settled in pretty well so far too.

All in all a fantastic first week!

Can't quite believe we've only been here just over a week! Here's a bit of a rundown on what we've managed to get done so far... we've sorted bank accounts, savings accounts etc, enrolled with Medicare, visited my new place of work I start at on Tuesday, sorted out phone contracts, registered with Centrelink, bought laptop, printer GPS and car, sorted out health insurance, car insurance and breakdown insurance, met up with some fellow Perth Poms and family friends, visited a local childcare centre, bought car seats for the girls, visited the doctors and sorted out the girls' catch up vaccinations, viewed a few rental houses around Kingsley/Greenwood, sorted out a part time job for my hubby in Swan Valley (he's taking 6 months off full time to settle the girls) and done a lot of sightseeing (Hillarys Boat Harbour, Pinnaroo Valley Park, Whiteman Park, Swan Valley, Mullaloo Beach)... oh and we've drank our fair share of good coffee and wine...

We already feel at home here and absolutely love watching the girls enjoy the outdoors way of life here. They have settled in pretty well so far too.

images (5).jpg

Bloody hell,thats good going in a week or so. Well done you lot,enjoy it in good health. How old are your girls? How are they finding it?

Must get more organised............must get more organised

As for the lurkers,they may be put off by the click that's sometimes on here, or some of the doom mongers,it feels like poms in oz on here sometimes :wideeyed:

Just saying.........

@cutchibear thank you. Apparently there is a technical fault with 'like' button. I must admit I loved that little button.

@JenPen As for the lurkers in the shadows.....odd isn't it? We put our thoughts out here for all to see and to share but I feel it is on the understanding we are all in it together. When you read 34 people are are just watching and listening in the darkness, it does feel creepy.

I met someone once who I had never heard of but they said they had been following me on here and had 'stalked me'. Probably not the best choice of words, but it was meant innocently (I think). When it is all one sided it makes for an uneasy relationship.

just noticed the 'guests' have dropped down to 9. Must be something I said!!! :biglaugh:

Guest Guest6235
Bloody hell,thats good going in a week or so. Well done you lot,enjoy it in good health. How old are your girls? How are they finding it?

As for the lurkers,they may be put off by the click that's sometimes on here, or some of the doom mongers,it feels like poms in oz on here sometimes :wideeyed:

Just saying.........

Put off by you pal.

Shame we're not their when you do another reccie in November.

It's good to know some sort of order what to get done in the 1st week, so very informative. I can't remember what detail you need for oz car licence and do you suss car out then go ringing round for quotes like blighty.

Edited by Guest6235

I'm not sure I like the Thanks button instead of 'like' ... I wonder if we can have both @Katee ... as there's a difference (to me) between 'like' and 'thanks'

To the OP - what a great start - always a blessing when the kids seem to settle and you can give a little sigh of relief

I'm not sure I like the Thanks button instead of 'like' ... I wonder if we can have both @Katee ... as there's a difference (to me) between 'like' and 'thanks'

To the OP - what a great start - always a blessing when the kids seem to settle and you can give a little sigh of relief

*Thanks and *Like

I'm a little confused too. I went away for a couple of weeks and it's all changed. I liked the 'like' button and agree it's different to 'thanks'

I agree Ali I don't like it but it's nice to let someone know you liked their post, so I just thank them but it's not the same x

@cutchibear thank you. Apparently there is a technical fault with 'like' button. I must admit I loved that little button.

@JenPen As for the lurkers in the shadows.....odd isn't it? We put our thoughts out here for all to see and to share but I feel it is on the understanding we are all in it together. When you read 34 people are are just watching and listening in the darkness, it does feel creepy.

I met someone once who I had never heard of but they said they had been following me on here and had 'stalked me'. Probably not the best choice of words, but it was meant innocently (I think). When it is all one sided it makes for an uneasy relationship.

just noticed the 'guests' have dropped down to 9. Must be something I said!!! :biglaugh:

Yes maybe a few different choice words would have been better :biglaugh: but I agree with all you said it does seem peculiar and you forget others can just watch your journey and piece your life together if they are that bored!!! We know who the :wacko: ones are anyway :wink:

I prefer the like button guys but if I thank you it prob also means I like your post as I miss the button and have to make sure you know I like your post ha!!!

Well done in all you have achieved in you first week, I hope we are as organised when the time comes! Good luck and enjoy your new adventures, I'm so happy for you.

michelle x

Sounds amazing Emma!!

I loved your pictures of Mullaloo Beach - absolutely stunning!!

Great that your hubby has found some work too. Where will you base your rental if he is in Swan Valley with work? xx

looking around woodvale, kingsley and greenwood area as close to the train station and less than 30 minutes to swan valley. Got two more house viewings on Monday so fingers crossed. X

Just saying.........

Our girls are 1 and 2 and a half. Only 17 months between them so it has been challenging at times but much easier now my youngest is more mobile. They are adjusting really well, especially my 1 year old. My eldest does ask for her grandparents and our house every so often but I'm sure she will be much happier once our container arrives and we set up home properly. It's tough living out of suitcases but keeps them active and outdoors a lot has helped.