New job secured!!

Keith

Woke up this morning to some excellent news, recently had a Skype interview just before Christmas and received the email we have been waiting for, ive been offered a permanent job to start in Febuary Michelle and I are over the moon!

Feels like a massive wait off our backs as we can start planning the next stages of the move!

Congratulations Keith, as a gas fitter do you not need to do any retraining? If not very lucky, I am in air conditioning and we need to do some retraining at lower rates of pay. I am not overly worried as an income to start will be an income. Glad it is all falling into place for you. Hope the rest goes as well for you.

Cheers Jason, still can't believe it! Yes it's similar in my trade to yours it will be a reduced rate until I can obtain all tickets to work unsupervised, on the plus side there is recognised prior learning when I come to complete my tickets so should speed up the process and hopefully go onto full rate sooner rather than later, hope you start getting a bit of luck to as you said an income is an income!

Woke up this morning to some excellent news, recently had a Skype interview just before Christmas and received the email we have been waiting for, ive been offered a permanent job to start in Febuary Michelle and I are over the moon!

Feels like a massive wait off our backs as we can start planning the next stages of the move!

Congratulations!!! A huge weight of your shoulders, well done?

Hi steven, its a firm close to freemantle who advertised on seek, got lucky being in the right place a the right time! Have you had any luck on the job front yet?

Nope, but I've not been applying for any jobs yet, I'm in contact with a director of a plumbing company and he gave me his number to phone when I land,

Also a guy I know is working for Atco and asked his boss if I'd be able to get some work in January and that looks promising, but that's doing the gas mains renewals/installs in the roads etc,

Maybe I should start applying now?

My stuff is on the boat and is nearly at Singapore and should be cleared of customs on the 29th of Jan, so at least I'll have my tools but no work to use them ha ha ha

Sounds promising already would make a nice change to be the other side of the meter,would be good experience as well, I think it will make a difference once you get there and they can see you know what your on about, when is it you fly out? we're not shipping are stuff out till the 19th of January so We will have to wait till we get there for the stuff to arrive, It could be worth putting the cv out there you just never know, I was in contact with a gas catering company that were also keen if you want me to pm you there details?

It's half the battle already won with your oh being from perth, michelle has a cousin living in perth and that has helped in a really big way getting to know all the ins and outs, I'll pm you the info over and hope it helps you!

Got the info cheers,

What are you writing in your covering letter? Are you telling them when you arrive etc and are happy to negotiate a lower pay rate to start?

Yeah my OH mum and sister and all her friends stay in Perth so it "should" be an easy transition,

We should hook up for a pint or 6 when we are in Perth and all sorted out,

Sounds like a plan haha! I put in the info in the covering letter that you mentioned and also said I would be happy to fund my gas tickets just to come across as you are really keen for a role, I think now it's getting closer to you landing it's as good as you being there and they seem to take more notice, some jobs I contacted two months ago didn't even reply!

Legen... Wait for it.... dary. Congrats :)