Ladies Thread..

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well its my 3rd birthday in Perth ladies...a quiet one today as I was working but will make up for it this weekend. Say goodbye to the family on Sunday too so have to make this weekend a good un! Hope you are all well xx

Happy Birthday fiona:smile:..enjoy a good weekend with your family x

Well its a lovely cold ( For me ) sunny , windy day ... i'm off into the hills for a family visit ..

We went margeret River last week for our Jolly's ( pictures on home page ) well if you havn't been and you like your scenery , then go its a must ..rolling hills, winery's awesome beaches , soooo pretty .. i didn't want to come back :) Dunsborough and bussleton are really great too, prob better for if you have children ( beaches , shops , parks etc ) , we loved sightseeing and driving .. but there's only so much a 4 year old can stand.. ARE WE NEARLY THERE YET ??? ..unless your parked at the garage on route and the field next door is full of kanga's that were Mahooosive and entertaing to watch bobbing all over the place .. great fun !

Guest guest1228

Hi ladies. Well it's a sunny but windy day in my part of Perth and we're off to the beach to get our heads blown off and say goodbye for now to the rellies. They fly early tomorrow and OH will take them to the airport on his way to work.

I've had a lovely birthday weekend, meals out and daytrips, eaten my own bodyweight in yummy stuff and now must go on extreme diet for next few weeks :(

have a fantastic week ahead ladies xxx

Only a mum would know ....

~A Cup of Tea ~

One day my mother was out, and my dad was in charge of me.

I was maybe 2 1/2 years old. Someone had given me a little 'tea set' as a gift, and it was one of my favourite toys.

Daddy was in the living room engrossed in the evening news when I brought him a little cup of 'tea', which was just water. After several cups of tea and lots of praise for such yummy tea, my mom came home.

My dad made her wait in the living room to watch me bring him a cup of tea, because it was 'just the cutest thing!' Mom waited, and sure enough, here I came down the hall with a cup of tea for Daddy; and she watched him drink it up.

Then she said, (as only a mother would know), "'Did it ever occur to you that the only place she can reach to get water, is the toilet?"

SEND IT ON AND MAKE ANOTHER PARENT OR GRANDPARENT SMILE
!!!

hello Jackboots, and everyone else:biggrin:

not done much lately since my 3 daughters have left me again. 1 to return to her hectic life in East Wimbleton, an accountant for a largish charity...the other 2 returning to their lives in Brisbane, complete with my 4 grandchildren. I won`t see the last 2 families until Mother`s Day next year! I go over for just that reason. I had a hectic 18 days with them all, even though they came for a combined birthday and a neice`s wedding I only saw them really for 5 days, so many friends and other families for them to catch up with..

I have been toying with an idea for a get together with some of you from down here , and any who think they might want to.... a Xmas in July, I have catered for large parties in the past, but almost given up on entertaining the last 8 years, so depending on who answers this thread , I will work out whether anyone wants to come... it would be a colour theme, red and green, not blue and white which is what you lot have at xmas... So if I get enough of you in here saying you would like to come I will put it on a s a thread and open it to all comers. I will not restrict it to only Ladies, but the general public. I am not really a *pub* person is why I have not attended any of your Whistling Kite get togethers, even worse, hate walking into a Pub and not knowing anyone.

I am not ashamed to say that I used to meet and greet people most of the month, at other peoples homes, as I used to do quite a bit of market research, knocking on peoples doors, in Mandurah for about 8 years, asking those sorts of questions you complain about with the telephone callers, but I have always preferred face-to- face interviews where you can read a person`s body language as to whether they will take part in my surveys .

but I`m not doing that here!

I will put a picture on my profile here tomorrow when I work out how to do it..:jiggy:

hello there , Robynmargarat .. i bet its quite strange when your family all dissapear at once .. at least you do get to see them thats good , hope you had a really great time while they were with you :)

Sounds like a nice Idea about the xmas in july :) my parents are here from the uk so we will def have winter xmas meal for those we have missed out from .. just no tree ...

14708-animated-smilies-roflmao-good-free-safe-download-site-2.jpgHey Ladies:smile:..hope you are well and all is going ok..haven't been on for a while, as busy with work and just generally busy!..a woman's work is never done is a true ol' saying..weather is pretty dismal here at mo..hoping the sun will shine again soon, as it was midsummers day yesterday!..take care all..

I hope you ladies have`nt left off talking on this thread just because I put one on about having a function with you all. I had`nt done anything about it for a while as I had been committed to saving my pennies, for the combined 100 year birthday bash my family came over for last month . My daughters 40th and my 60th, took lots of time to organise with 3 families spending time and energy, both here and at their Dad`s..

I am hoping to get some feedback, as to whether any of you besides the one or two who have already remarked on my idea. I do hope to meet some of you, before the event, and hope when you get a PM from me you will reply. I am not really a *pub* person, I do hate to walk into a place like that, and not know anyone.

please tell me either on here or in the Xmas in July thread if you would be interested in attending. I do intend to have one, even if its just for my other friends who are Aussies.

thought for the day

* there is pleasure in new friendships, comfort in old ones,and sweet memories to treasure in those we`ve lost.

:wink:

Guest guest1228

Hi Margaret, I would have loved to come but as I said it's a bit too far. I'd really like to meet some of you SOR girls so someone needs to be proactive with organising a meet somewhere in the middle!

Anyway, how you all doing ladies, its the start of my weekend and boy..am I ready for it, I just hope the sun has his hat on this weekend was hoping for a trip to Kings Park and it was too wet to do that last week. Had enough of Winter already, lol

Guest Wooster
Hi Margaret, I would have loved to come but as I said it's a bit too far. I'd really like to meet some of you SOR girls so someone needs to be proactive with organising a meet somewhere in the middle!

Anyway, how you all doing ladies, its the start of my weekend and boy..am I ready for it, I just hope the sun has his hat on this weekend was hoping for a trip to Kings Park and it was too wet to do that last week. Had enough of Winter already, lol

Fiona, we went to Kings Park and then the grey skies came, just as i was enjoying my picnic...lol!

Hi Ladies one and all:smile:..hope you are all well and everything is going ok. The sun is shining again at last in my part of the world! I have three weeks left of work, as i work in a highschool and then it's a 6 week break. Will be glad of it as there have been many changes going on in our school system. It means i get lots of time to spend with my little lad too, without running around like a mad thing! Just found out i am to be a Nan again for a third time:wubclub:..so that's exciting news. Have a good weekend!! xxpostit_bigger.png

Guest guest1228
Hi Ladies one and all..hope you are all well and everything is going ok. The sun is shining again at last in my part of the world! I have three weeks left of work, as i work in a highschool and then it's a 6 week break. Will be glad of it as there have been many changes going on in our school system. It means i get lots of time to spend with my little lad too, without running around like a mad thing! Just found out i am to be a Nan again for a third time:wubclub:..so that's exciting news. Have a good weekend!! xxpostit_bigger.png

Good news Terri, congratulations. How old is your little lad? You must have a big gap between eldest/youngest? Lucky you having the 6 weeks off, bet it will go quickly though, you forget its end of school year in England....my daughter would have been going into the 3rd year (as us oldies call it!) in Sept, as it is shes halfway through year 9 here. Just 3 months behind.

Well Ive just got in from stocking the freezer at the meat market, got enough for a few weeks @ $150 worth of lamb leg/porterhouse and rump steak/chicken breast and pieces/whole chicken/gravy beef/bacon/sausage/cold meats. (You really wanted to know that didnt you, lol) Then I went to Kmart and bought the shop...new vacuum, just given it a whirl and sucked up the most massive evil looking spider, darent empty the dust canister now leaving it for OH:swoon:

Then realised the reason the car park was full was that Kmart have their early christmastoy sale/layby thing on today so made a head start and got some games/toys (unheard of). Am now feeling smug and super organised/efficient so putting feet up with cuppa and laptop till time to collect rugrats. Happy weekend ladies!:cute:

Guest LaneyOOO

Hi Ladies have a great weekend everyone, a quiet one for us well myself and hubby anyway!!! Lots of running around for my daughter Netball at 9am in Kalamunda, then is she of for the night to movies and sleep over with a good friend from her old School, Then I have to pick her up at 9.30am Sunday morning to get her to another party at 10am. Great social life or what never ending and she is only 9, so then it will be lots of cuddles from one very sad little 5 yr old that thinks his Sister is the bestest thing (95% of the time lol. So will watch lots of movies,draw,draw and did I mention draw. He has only just taken his training wheels of his bike (bless him he was so scared) so if weather stays good it will be loads of practice on his bike and taking the puppy for a walk. He can't wait till he is big enough to have sleepovers and be out all the time lol. I also need to get rid of all those weeds that grow in the rain in Winter easy to pull up I know but there does be loads.

Off to have a cuppa like Fi before the school run.

Laney xxxx

Hi Ladies one and all:smile:..hope you are all well and everything is going ok. The sun is shining again at last in my part of the world! I have three weeks left of work, as i work in a highschool and then it's a 6 week break. Will be glad of it as there have been many changes going on in our school system. It means i get lots of time to spend with my little lad too, without running around like a mad thing! Just found out i am to be a Nan again for a third time:wubclub:..so that's exciting news. Have a good weekend!! xxpostit_bigger.png
Awww congratulations nan ! xx have a great school holidays !

3,582 women I presume have read this thread, congratulation, ladies...

Thought for the day! what`s left of it.

Friendship is as steadying a hand on the rudder of a boat, and as reliable as sunrise after night!

Have a good weekend,

enjoy the rain, hail and sunshine, thanks for the cold weather, you lot, I believe you brought it with you!

Good news Terri, congratulations. How old is your little lad? You must have a big gap between eldest/youngest? Lucky you having the 6 weeks off, bet it will go quickly though, you forget its end of school year in England....my daughter would have been going into the 3rd year (as us oldies call it!) in Sept, as it is shes halfway through year 9 here. Just 3 months behind.

Well Ive just got in from stocking the freezer at the meat market, got enough for a few weeks @ $150 worth of lamb leg/porterhouse and rump steak/chicken breast and pieces/whole chicken/gravy beef/bacon/sausage/cold meats. (You really wanted to know that didnt you, lol) Then I went to Kmart and bought the shop...new vacuum, just given it a whirl and sucked up the most massive evil looking spider, darent empty the dust canister now leaving it for OH:swoon:

Then realised the reason the car park was full was that Kmart have their early christmastoy sale/layby thing on today so made a head start and got some games/toys (unheard of). Am now feeling smug and super organised/efficient so putting feet up with cuppa and laptop till time to collect rugrats. Happy weekend ladies!:cute:

Hi Fiona:smile: and thanks..whoa you are super organised..shopping sorted and starting Xmas:notworthy:..yep there is a 16 year gap between the youngest and eldest..my daughter who is expecting is 14 years older than her little bro with a twin brother herself, so i think i've done my bit! Our little lad was a big surprise for us..same marriage and we're 25 years in..he keeps us young and on our toes!..have a good weekend x

Hello, for those of you who are planning to meet me at & Jackbootsat The Steel Tree cafe, @ Railway Terrace Rockingham beach, on Tuesday 5th July, about 10ish!

I have booked a table for 5 under the name PerthPoms... courtesy, to the cafe, in my book. Anyone who wishes to join us, men, women etc, welcome!

Hello, for those of you who are planning to meet me at & Jackbootsat The Steel Tree cafe, @ Railway Terrace Rockingham beach, on Tuesday 5th July, about 10ish!

I have booked a table for 5 under the name PerthPoms... courtesy, to the cafe, in my book. Anyone who wishes to join us, men, women etc, welcome!

Hi RobynMargarat:smile:..i would love to be there and meet all you ladies, but am here in the UK at the minute, so when we come back i will definately join any meet ups! It's my Birthday on Tuesday..have a cake an coffee on me:wink: x