• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]679[/ATTACH]

My youngest daughter showing how much she loves Mullaloo beach.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]681[/ATTACH]

Mullaloo beach New Year's Eve - Just before sharks were spotted and subsequently shut for the rest of the day!!

These photos are all lovely but I have to say the first with the shadow of your daughter and the heart I absolutely love....looks really clever :) ..creative, love it.

• 2 weeks later...

A weekend in Freo.

Theatrical scenery at South Beach yesterday just before the sun went down. The storm came in from the North West, the contrast between the rich, green ocean and the dark, foreboding clouds, illuminated momentarily by flashes of diffused, silent lightening made for a hasty and anxious dog walk along a beach that made me think an orc raiding party might storm over the dunes at any moment.

IMG_1585.jpg

It didn't stop raining yesterday. We watched movies and baked cakes.

South Freo Farmers market has become something of a routine. We're within walking distance which means that even on lazy Sunday's we can get there before the coffee shack is inundated with orders. The kids have hot chocolate in winter (and today it felt like winter). Mrs p experiments and will go with something different every week, I love the salty, sweet, chilli flavours of the Vietnamese chicken rolls which Mrs p will eye enviously as she realises Salvadorian cuisine may be best left for days when food is a necessity, not an adventure. This week she finally relented and joined me in a chicken roll and I counted at least three involuntary, discreet moans of contentment. Our children overload on sugar; crepes with Nutella, gargantuan chocolate croissants, sesame buns filled with yellow bean paste, doughnuts, baclava or honey cake.

We could graze for hours but exercise restraint and drop in to the lovely Grace and Albert for our veggies before we leave. Grace adores the children and Albert "Harumph's" in frustration as she pinches their cheeks and we talk health and weather.

IMG_1589.jpg

IMG_1595.jpg

• 3 weeks later...