dyson buy uk or wait

bwatt99

I am leaving my cheap used hoover here in the uk and will probably need to buy another when we move to oz,i have never owned a dyson and see they are very expensive over there is it worth buying one here and take over and would its still be under warranty,or would it be better to import one when over there,i can get one at a pretty good price and not sure if to get one ir what

Guest Pinksthebest2013

Hi there,

dysons are expensive here, you could buy one in the uk and bring it here although you will need to change the plug on it to an Aussie one. Not sure about the warranty, eBay sell spare parts cheap, I brought mine over, changed the plug and it was fine.

may be contact dyson and ask about the warranty, I do know it is very expensive to mail things back and forth from the uk.

hope this helps.

Nicky :)

• 1 month later...

Hi,

dysons are really expensive here. I bought a brand new dc40 animal for £200 in the UK, unpacked it and put it in the container. It's now out at sea on its merry way to us and should arrive at the end of may. I'm also a huge Henry fan and bought a new one of those too. So my container has ended up with 3 hoovers in it. The dyson, my new Henry and also my old Henry which I cleaned with a toothbrush and has come up like new. Bit of a Hoover obsessive!!! Sad, I know!

Hi,

dysons are really expensive here. I bought a brand new dc40 animal for £200 in the UK, unpacked it and put it in the container. It's now out at sea on its merry way to us and should arrive at the end of may. I'm also a huge Henry fan and bought a new one of those too. So my container has ended up with 3 hoovers in it. The dyson, my new Henry and also my old Henry which I cleaned with a toothbrush and has come up like new. Bit of a Hoover obsessive!!! Sad, I know!

I brought two Dyson's with me as well ! Hehe ... I find Henrys are not as good with pet hair .. love Dyson !

I too had Dysons back in the Uk....but changed to a cheaper one and when we got here found them to be very expensive....so if you like your Dyson get another and bring with you...changing the plug isn't a big deal..............though I have just bought a Shark and OMG I love love love it!!!!!!

Hi,

Be hopes mr customs doesn't like hoovers, he might take a fancy to shiny new hoovers

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, if you buy new remove all packaging otherwise you could be seen to sell it on here in oz and could be charged import taxes (our shippers told us that) with all the wood floors here (carpet only in bedrooms) i bought a $50 vacume from Big W. it sucks and thats all i need!