Arriving at the airport

SteveB

Take off this Friday!! no going back now...:eek:

can anyone explain what will happen when we land at Perth and get to customs? Obviously I am expecting a fanfare and red carpet but after that do I need to say that I am emigrating, do I need to go to a special desk or anything?

any recent experiences shared will be welcome...

They will take you into a room and get you to touch your toes...then proceed to put on their latex gloves!

Thats funny as I was going to say something very similar!

Although I thought you are supposed to wear your pants on the outside of your trousers and wave at them whilst poking your tongue out as you walk through?

can anyone explain what will happen when we land at Perth and get to customs? Obviously I am expecting a fanfare and red carpet but after that do I need to say that I am emigrating, do I need to go to a special desk or anything?

Hi Steve

Make sure you get it stamped i have been asked to see the stamp quite a few times

Hi Steve

Make sure you get it stamped i have been asked to see the stamp quite a few times

We have passports with the electronic chip and did not have to queue at passport control. We have never been asked to show a stamped passport, we just take a copy of the visa if we have anything "official" to do.

Guest Guest6235

A copy of the visa sounds very official....we just have an email telling us we've been granted PR. This though will be attached to your passport when they scan it.

We have passports with the electronic chip and did not have to queue at passport control. We have never been asked to show a stamped passport, we just take a copy of the visa if we have anything "official" to do.

you must not look like a criminal like me they probably don't believe i should be here

Its really uneventful Steve, you arrive, declare anything you have to declare and walk through!!! That's it .......and welcome to your new life!!! Enjoy

We have been here a month. I was really nervous as no visa in passport. Its exactly the same as if your going on hols. The lady at the desk did ask us a few questions about our visa, then was chatting to us as she is Scottish, then as she handed our passports back to us she said welcome to Australia, enjoy your new life!

i was soooo thrilled, was almost hopping!

We had a nice welcome too, found it easy, no stress. If you're bringing food in, declare it and you'll get through much quicker. No problems. When you walk outside and the lovely heat hits you (if its summer) you'll know you're home:) Nothing like that feeling! Can still remember the excitement and feeling we had at 2am on a hot January night.

How much is a taxi from airport to Bayswater car rental?.....think I've seen $60 touted around before

Whilst Bayswater car rental is very cheap (and very good) the taxi ride to there office is way more than they state on their web site! $60 should cover it though and you'll save that within a couple of days with their prices!