Perth Pet Hates

ali

In the interests of Balance (so our newbies know what to expect and know if they can handle any downsides of Perth living) what are your pet hates or dislikes about WA. All opinions valid - because they are yours, but in Perth Poms style, no generalisations e.g. that all of WA/Perth Aussies etc., (we leave that for or big sister site).

My pet hate (as stated on another thread) is the Mozzies - can't be doing with the little critters. I'm sure some of yours will jog my memory.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the interests of Balance (so our newbies know what to expect and know if they can handle any downsides of Perth living) what are your pet hates or dislikes about WA. All opinions valid - because they are yours, but in Perth Poms style, no generalisations e.g. that all of WA/Perth Aussies etc., (we leave that for or big sister site).

My pet hate (as stated on another thread) is the Mozzies - can't be doing with the little critters. I'm sure some of yours will jog my memory.

Yep mozzies or midges for sure, they seem to be everywhere at the moment and I have been beaten to death over the last couple of days, looks like I've got measles right now.

More Perth bashing! I can't wait to get back over now I have my visa. I would trade mozzies for the dark gloomy mornings that are kicking in in the UK. Going to work in the dark, coming home in the dark, constant drizzle.... I actually think Perth drivers are way more patient and there's less speeding in WA. Bogans doing burnouts at 3AM can do one though!

This evening it's mozzies, would love to be outside tonight but they're out in force.

However, most of the time it's houses with no outside space.. I'm in one of the biggest countries in the world and you can't stretch your arms out without touching an ugly steel fence.

That and having the wrong discount coupon with me after I've filled up the car!

More Perth bashing! I can't wait to get back over now I have my visa. I would trade mozzies for the dark gloomy mornings that are kicking in in the UK. Going to work in the dark, coming home in the dark, constant drizzle.... I actually think Perth drivers are way more patient and there's less speeding in WA. Bogans doing burnouts at 3AM can do one though!

If you read the OP Chall you will see that this isn't a Perth Bashing post at all

I don't think I have any Perth specific hates, mine are probably Australia wide but since I've never been out of state I'm going to claim them as valid anyway.

Terrible press. The bias and quality of the news is truly shocking so I never read or watch any AU news coverage.

Tall poppy syndrome.

Whinging poms.

Mozzies and Flys

People walking with no shoes - yes - but even worse are the ones wearing shoes and dragging their three year olds behind them who aren't wearing any!

No daylight savings

Traffic lights where a roundabout would do a much better job

Traffic on the Freeway during rush hour

Lack of pavements/streetlights in certain suburbs

Suburbs not having a 'heart' - just a shopping center

The 'Doctor' - being on the beach past 1pm is virtually impossible unless you like eating sand

Petrol prices randomly going up and down depending on the day of the week

Lack of 'international' brands that the East Coast gets (although if we ever get TopShop and Zara that might appease me for a bit)

Awful news coverage - the rest of the world barely gets a mention