do you drink the tap water ??

jo and scott

water aint great here.

i have a mains supply filter on the feed to the fridge, which also has a filter built in.

under sink filter to the tap in the kitchen for filling the kettle :o)

i also know a uk plumber if anyone needs any jobs doing.

Although you can drink it straight from the tap here, most people I know either have a filter tap at the sink, a water filter machine of some sort, or just the old trusty Brita filter jug in the fridge. We always filtered tap water in the UK and just carried on doing the same when we moved here.

Yep, Brita filter in the fridge for us - although we've only just got around to changing the filter after a year... So clearly can't be that bothered about the taste! We also have refilled bottles of water that are filled straight from the tap that we take out and about with us.

I'd guess that it all depends where you live and the source of the water and treatment needed to make it usable. Maybe I've been lucky but I've never needed to consider bottled or filtered water. I detest London but on the occasions when I've had to go to meetings there I thought that the water was horrible but I still drank it form the tap. Maybe the whisky that I drink has made me immune from problems drinking tap water!!

The water is fine in metro areas and towns but better chilled. If out in the sticks like when we camped near Denmark last week where the drinking water was from rainwater tanks and the tap water was brown, its best to boil first !

Edited by Chardy

As we have lived in Spain for the last 8.5 years and had to drink bottled water we now cannot drink the tap water here so are buying bottled water from Woolies. Costing me a fortune and not happy to keep carrying heavy bottles around.

As people have said, the water is OK, but often comes out of the tape warm so you will need to chill it in the fridge.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Guest6235

I'm not sure whether or not the water tastes differently in Woodvale to everywhere else but we've been drinking tap water for two weeks now and we think it's fine. All we've been doing is filling plastic bottles up then putting them in the fridge, no probs......so far.

It can vary suburb to suburb @Keefo. When we first moved into our rental in Ellenbrook the tap water was gross but they seem to have done something to make it better. We still filter it though.

My husband runs a water delivery company and he takes the water from various hydrants around the place. He says it always tastes a bit different depending where he's drawing from. It's all the same Water Corp water though!

We only drank water filtered through reverse osmosis and then remineralised again. Somehow the water was terrible to our (Duth/European) standards. Unnecessary? Maybe, but as we drank 2.5 liters a day each and barely anything else we found it important to taste well and be healthy (both are open for debate obviously).

Edited by FOL

We have a filter thing by the tap on the kitchen sink. I use that for drinking and cooking but I also filter it through the britta filter jug. Its nothing like Dwr Cymru even doing all that. Theres nothing better than Welsh water its piped out to most areas of the UK, its because of all the rain we have there in the hills/mountains which then filters it on the way to the reservoirs :cute: