Count down to launch date

Akasully2

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Agree with the above regarding the sun. You will be amazed at how strong it is in summer. My wife is from peru - a hot desert country. But still would not even think about sitting out without shade in summer. And then with sun block.

As a typical Pom, I have burnt here badly by being out without shade and high sun block in minutes.

Ok, looks like we will need lots of shade then. I certainly don't won't to cook myself but I guess I just like to look out and see a bit of sun/light in the garden or coming in the house. The house we viewed had all the rooms facing south so quite gloomy and dark, I thought.

Just an an update for those of you back in the UK. I used to love reading people's impressions of areas and it helped me form a mental picture of what to expect, so this is me passing that that on to you.

Been out viewing the suburbs that feed into Woodvale school. We visited Edgewater, Woodvale and Kingsley which are located inland from Ocean Reef. I was pleasantly surprised to find large, smart or neatly kept modest houses in a very quiet area. Edgewater was very elevated and looked down on a wild nature reserve that had an enormous wetland in the centre. It seemed. It seemed very conservative and respectable. The school itself looked new and well resourced. We looked online later at their website which had a promo video of it, looked very impressive. Admittedly, the school was shut as it was the weekend when we drove round but seemed good. As for the areas, Woodvale seemed busier with more facilities than the other two. You seem to get more for your money up that way. Drive to the coast in 15 mins. We thought E & K were lovely quiet places to live. However, for us, the pull of the Ocean is a powerful thing and we would prefer to be in Hillarys as there would be more to do. Saying that though, we are still going to view W school so we have a better understanding of what it has to offer. Things change.

remember Edgewater is right next to Joondalup so lots to do nearby. met a friend who is into crossfit(?) and he took us to Joondalup arena yesterday as there was a competition on, we aren't interested really so went and had a look around and it is a massive leisure centre with an Olympic sized pool and another huge pool for fun, looked great and can't wait to take kids. Also lots of fitness classes and gym etc too.

wow, great spider, hubby keeps going around looking for scary spiders but hasn't found any yet!

Brilliant news...hubby has a job!!!!! He secured it after only two weeks of being here. He wanted to wait until after he had his medical today to ensure it was in the bag before announcing it. Just had confirmation that all was well, yay!!!!!

It it is a perfect job for him with a well known Perth construction company. Starts in two weeks, so we just need to get the rental sorted then it is a holiday for us before he works his cotton socks off. Very proud wifey today! :cute:

In their backyard chilling by the pool by the sounds of it..... Lol

Spot on Rob! Why would we want to go anywhere else when we have search stunning beaches on our door step and a pool in the garden?! This is the holiday we dreamed of before we got here. Tonight we are going outside in the garden for a drink or two or three to celebrate and to plan on what we want to do before he starts work. Any suggestions of what we should do or visit at this time of year?

Thank you you for all your goodwill messages, very much appreciated! :cute:

Spot on Rob! Why would we want to go anywhere else when we have search stunning beaches on our door step and a pool in the garden?! This is the holiday we dreamed of before we got here. Tonight we are going outside in the garden for a drink or two or three to celebrate and to plan on what we want to do before he starts work. Any suggestions of what we should do or visit at this time of year?

Thank you you for all your goodwill messages, very much appreciated! :cute:

The weather's looking good for the rest of the week so why not pop down to Mullaloo Beach, a fantastic spot just around the corner from you guys and guess what, there's even a Dome Cafe there....... result.

Also, not sure if you've been already but Hillarys Marina is worth a visit. It's just a little further than Mullaloo and yes you've guessed it, there's yet another Dome Cafe for your coffee and milkshake fix..... Lol

Forgive me Porty for I have sinned......... again.

Well and truly in the midst on our drinking session in the garden. I have discovered/created a new drink that is delicious. Proper old fashioned cloudy ginger beer and vodka. Ohhh, wasn't that called a Smirnoff Mule, years ago? Anyway, this one really tastes of strong, warming ginger. Very refreshing. The only reason we bought ginger beer today was because the kids had read about it in an Enid Blyton book and asked if they could try it. Found some in Coles, Brandaberg (or something like that) 4 small bottles for around $4. I guessed they wouldn't like it and true to form, I was right. Not going to waste it so having it now with blue label Smirnoff, mmmmm! Accompanied by a cheeky little bowl of Bombay mix to keep the heat flowing. Delicious! Chin, chin.