upsetting and hectic time

Deb

Hi All

Not been on for a few weeks, not had chance to eat or sleep properly. Finished work just over a week ago and had every think to do in under a week. Should of finished week earlier but I was thinking of the money. Not been easy been on auto pilot sorting out things.

Pickford have emptied the house trying to decried what to put in container and what to take been a nightmare. We cleaned the house then when we move the bed as wardrobes where fitted around our bed there was a gap so a visit to BQ to sort this, is now 18hrs before we leave our house still don't know how we did it.

Last minute time with the friends and family lots of tears.

Morning we are leaving we weight cases and what a surprise they weight too much. We go on line and its going to cost £350 cases get emptied. My daughter looks on line and says I will post out to you what you leave behind. At this time we are going to miss the coach to the hotel,my daughter and sister are happy as they want to take us. We went on line and paid a charge and book a later coach as I do not want any one taking us.

We get to hotel have a meal and a lot of drinks. One final check of case before bed and they are still to heavy at this stage we have too say lets take the chance what more can we do.

When we get to breakfast I am a wreck, daughter on the phone upset. We get airport and bags even hand luggage is too heavy, I am so upset as we are tying to decide what to leave for someone to pick up, when she said just pack them again and take the with you I could of kissed her.

Getting on the plane I bottled it my OH is nearly dragging me on plane what people must of thought as I am crying. On plane he takes phone off me as texts are really upsetting me.

We made it this is our 2nd nite hope it does work out but so homesick and this is not me. Need to make friend quick and keep busy.

Deb

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Laura

Deb, hope you guys are ok. I remember well having the same feelings. When we landed, I burst into tears with the realisation it was all real and scarey. First wee while will no doubt be hard but gets much much better. Good luck x Laura x

Deb well done you have been stronger than you realise to get through all that, I'm sure you are exhausted and now need to allow yourself time to rest, recharge your batteries, find your bearings and then you'll begin to settle I'm sure. Remember all of what you are feeling is perfectly normal, but also remember why you wanted to do it in the first place. Stay strong, stay rational and keep talking x

Hi All

Not been on for a few weeks, not had chance to eat or sleep properly. Finished work just over a week ago and had every think to do in under a week. Should of finished week earlier but I was thinking of the money. Not been easy been on auto pilot sorting out things.

Pickford have emptied the house trying to decried what to put in container and what to take been a nightmare. We cleaned the house then when we move the bed as wardrobes where fitted around our bed there was a gap so a visit to BQ to sort this, is now 18hrs before we leave our house still don't know how we did it.

Last minute time with the friends and family lots of tears.

Morning we are leaving we weight cases and what a surprise they weight too much. We go on line and its going to cost £350 cases get emptied. My daughter looks on line and says I will post out to you what you leave behind. At this time we are going to miss the coach to the hotel,my daughter and sister are happy as they want to take us. We went on line and paid a charge and book a later coach as I do not want any one taking us.

We get to hotel have a meal and a lot of drinks. One final check of case before bed and they are still to heavy at this stage we have too say lets take the chance what more can we do.

When we get to breakfast I am a wreck, daughter on the phone upset. We get airport and bags even hand luggage is too heavy, I am so upset as we are tying to decide what to leave for someone to pick up, when she said just pack them again and take the with you I could of kissed her.

Getting on the plane I bottled it my OH is nearly dragging me on plane what people must of thought as I am crying. On plane he takes phone off me as texts are really upsetting me.

We made it this is our 2nd nite hope it does work out but so homesick and this is not me. Need to make friend quick and keep busy.

Deb

Hi deb I hope things settle for you soon. I'm a few months off making the move and had a bit of a meltdown today. It's not easy is it? Reading your post I realise I'm not alone in how I feel. It's a hard time but I try to remind myself how lucky I am to be getting this opportunity. Having read some of your previous posts I'm sure it won't be long till you make a bunch of new friends. Very best wishes and remember deep breaths (and lots of wine) will get you through. Xx

You poor love! Even your typing style sounded distraught!

I can so identify with some of what you said. Not done the airport bit yet but who knows how we will react?

Relax and enjoy the amazing opportunity that has come your way. Give it your best shot but don't beat yourself up if you feel anxious. Just remember there is no pressure to make you stay there in the long run. If it is not for you you can always come back. You are not cornered.

best wishes. X

Oh Deb - massive hugs, as much as you want to move, the actual physically leaving is heart wrenching, I think most of us will have had a cry and you sound as if it's all been very stressful in the run up. Take some time now to just relax, get your barings and explore.

Hi Deb

It is emotional, but remember, your only a plane ride away - not on Mars.

It is probably a bit hard as well landing as Perth gets its first real rain of the year. Most feel a bit like "OMG, we have moved from soggy wet to soggy wet".

Try to relax for the first week and see a few sights - but dont overdo it. You will have some jet lag which plays havoc with the emotions. Every time i fly home i have what we call Naked Day - basically first day home i just crash in my dressing gown in front of a tv and a glass or three of wine and do zilch

In the coming week do a few trips to explore. Get to the city and head for Kings Park - amazing views of Perth and a great place to have a wander. Go for a wander round the city and get a feel for it.

If you need to meet up, let me know. I am stuck at work till the 8th, so land the night of 9th so am available from the 11th. Happy to take you both out to a hidden gem.

Take a deep breath. Theres no doubting the first couple of months will be extremely hard for you as it is for everyone. Some people settle within the first couple of weeks and think - why didnt we do this sooner - for others it will be longer for some never and they go back to their home country. They say it takes at least 2 years. The pull for home will always be there some admit it regularly some ever admit it at all. As stormy says its only a plane ride away. Just think many years ago there was no skype no internet and phone calls were very expensive and the mail well sometimes it arrived sometimes it didnt. You will be fine I am sure. You have completed the hardest part the actual leaving xxxxxxxxxx

Debs what you are feeling is totally natural.

Just think about the stress, planning, etc that you have been through for a very long time to achieve your goal.... you are here now and you can relax and chill to get over the jetlag. NEVER underestimate the effects of jetlag!

And as Elfie says, at least you have skype, internet and cheap international phone calls....

It is early days Deb and in a few weeks you will look back and see it for what it is, just part of the migration journey that everyone goes through.

HI

All your quotes have really help me OH applied for 4 jobs today and now we are going out to relax and enjoy Perth.

Thank you all for your words they have helped me a lot.

Deb[

QUOTE=Rossmoyne;98181]Debs what you are feeling is totally natural.

Just think about the stress, planning, etc that you have been through for a very long time to achieve your goal.... you are here now and you can relax and chill to get over the jetlag. NEVER underestimate the effects of jetlag!

And as Elfie says, at least you have skype, internet and cheap international phone calls....

It is early days Deb and in a few weeks you will look back and see it for what it is, just part of the migration journey that everyone goes through.

It's all about small steps Deb and it does get better. I've just had a wobble after 8 months after our two youngest went back after a great visit , but the truth is they are grown men ( 22 and 20 ) and they lead there own lives so the quality time we have had has been amazing. As well as that I got some great support on here and good advice. Pm me if you need anything and good luck.

All the best with your new adventure... like others, I have this to go through very soon and no doubt I will be a mess...already starting to wonder how I am going to manage it. Then I remind myself of all the times I have been on here, just hoping that my visa comes through, medicals, all the things we all do as part of the process... this part is the ultimate step and realisation of years of planning.

I shall look forward to hearing about your adventures and your continued settling in journey and wish you all that is wonderful. Enjoy, you have earned it! xx

Guest guest9824

Best of luck Deb, tiredness can play havoc with your thoughts, so try to rest and enjoy visiting places for a few days before you launch into action. Sorry the weather has been a bit wet this weekend, but blue skies are here this morning, so a nice cool day to go out exploring. Skype is a godsend and I guess we are lucky we have technology like this nowadays to keep in touch.

Take care

peax

• 3 weeks later...

HI All

We have now been here nearly 3 weeks.

We have been to soom lovely places went to Dawesville seen the dolphins that was amazing .Kingspark is another amazingly place you can spend forevef there.Yanchep watching the kangaroo they just look at you I thought when we got near they would jump away and the Koala in the trees.i am like a kid in a sweet shop taken it all in.HIllary is a great place to go even just to get a ice cream of a evenning.

There is so many more beaches and places we have been it is such a lovely place to live in and to spend so much time outside.

I am glad we are here and I know its still going to be hard, and its going to be while before this is home.I still get upset and miss everone.

We are now looking at long term rental.Filled a form in and applied for a house its every think we did not want in a house but its got the wow factor about it we fell in love with it and we thought got not kids so why not.When family are here we will be in more family type house.

Still no look on the job front.

Got a meet up Sat with some pp member so should be a good nite

Deb

Guest Stari

Hi Deb

I just read your first post on this thread with tears running down my face, going this is going to be me!!

We are set to fly out in 8 weeks and I am now having melt down! Can't bring myself to book flights or movers although I have them holding a date.

How are you coping emotionally now? Does it get any better?

Mary