Count down to launch date

Akasully2

Ok, you are going to think me mad now but I have just said goodbye to my car and this feels very uncomfortable too. In fact I feel like crying. Oh lord, I've turned into an emotional wreck. All smiles as selling it, shut the front door and then the feeling of sadness hit me. Meant to be sorting through the last odds and sods on the paperwork front but instead I turned to PP to log the latest development. Is that normal??? anyway, from now on I am house bound and dependant on others to give me lifts....weird and restricting but not for long.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really feel for you it is so hard. I even cried when my caravan was sold it makes things so finale. If I can do it then you can. I know if anyone went to the airport I would not of got on the plane. it was bad enough my daughter on the phone upset at the airport, my OH had to take the phone off me.

Good luck hopefully we will meet up at one of the PP meet ups

Deb

Ok, you are going to think me mad now but I have just said goodbye to my car and this feels very uncomfortable too. In fact I feel like crying. Oh lord, I've turned into an emotional wreck. All smiles as selling it, shut the front door and then the feeling of sadness hit me. Meant to be sorting through the last odds and sods on the paperwork front but instead I turned to PP to log the latest development. Is that normal??? anyway, from now on I am house bound and dependant on others to give me lifts....weird and restricting but not for long.

Feeling calmer and more positive now. The ordeal of selling the car has passed and now I am just looking forward to how we are going to spend our last few days. Going for an afternoon cream tea at a Marco Pierre White restaurant tomorrow and then down to the country pub with the hubby in the evening. Sounds lovely.

Two days to go....

Today is is packing day. When we first moved in with the in laws the suitcases were definitely well under the weight allowance but I have been shopping for bargains since then so need to check we are ok. Not an enviable task, packing for a family of four on my own but has to be done.

On a different front, OH has had a huge blow out argument with his sister as he has confronted all her s**t stirring in the lead up to us going. Until now it has been a balancing act between keeping the peace by ignoring her despicable actions and not letting her get away with it again. After much pretence in front of the parents that nothing was wrong, it all kicked off and went pear shaped. Certainly not the way we should be leaving people but sometimes I think the imminent move brings out all the emotions and encourages people to wrap things up before they leave. Say what you need to say whilst you can. Oh dear.

Wow Sully! I'm just catching up on posts as I've not been able to as much with all of our recent travelling.

Your posts are certainly giving me the feeling of déjà vous! We said goodbye to my parents 2 days ago and my mum was struggling to hold it together.

We're now in Singapore and I already feel we have made the right move! We're having a fantastic holiday!

Funny how we've progressed through this journey together and will arrive within a couple of days of one another.

Have you got somewhere to stay when you arrive?

Safe travels and see you on the other side!

Ps. Also just want to say that you'll be fine because you've planned this for a long time. You're leaving others around you for a big adventure. Yes they're upset because it feels like you're deserting them and going to live in a far off place but they are only upset because they all love you. This is your time; enjoy every minute!

Lou xxx

Edited by Lou8670

Well done for getting through it. Is there any way you can go to the airport without the in laws, you want the airport to be the exciting start of your big adventure not a sad moment ;-)

I agree with that Sully..... but I understand why they want to be there. Hard for everyone, but just hold the thought that you are following your dream and they can come visit and you will go back for holidays.....

Two days to go....

On a different front, OH has had a huge blow out argument with his sister as he has confronted all her s**t stirring in the lead up to us going. Until now it has been a balancing act between keeping the peace by ignoring her despicable actions and not letting her get away with it again. After much pretence in front of the parents that nothing was wrong, it all kicked off and went pear shaped. Certainly not the way we should be leaving people but sometimes I think the imminent move brings out all the emotions and encourages people to wrap things up before they leave. Say what you need to say whilst you can. Oh dear.

Sully... that was an argument that was going to happen at some stage...Princess Pissy Paws has deserved this for a long time..... I think it is good that your Hubbie has said it now as it means that all the "new" stuff happens from now. Please don't take on board any bad feelings about her - that is her issue, not yours. Well done to your OH for his strong stance with his sister. Just wish my brother had the same backbone!

My son has been very upset this evening. A few late nights this week took its toll and he was basically just a *****.

There was an argument and I lost it and shouted at him. We didn't talk for a couple of hours and at bed time we had lots of tears and sadness.

We were both very emotional and that clouded our ability to think rationally and communicate calmly.

Finally we calmed down and he said he was scared to go to bed because he was having bad thoughts.

Why is any of this important?

Because when we talked about how we could change the way we felt it was only by focussing on the future. We have no control over the past. We can analyse and reflect, try to understand but it is only the future that we can control and shape for the better.

What's done is done Sully. Like so many before you and so many of your friends on here, you've been on an extraordinary journey and one which continues to unravel.

Start looking forward.

Bloomin exciting times ahead by the way...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have a huge smile on my face as I reply to all those fab messages of support. You are all stars!!!

We are ready to leave and move on to the next exciting phase of our journey. All the nonsense with PPP will be left behind as we embark on ventures new. Everyone is in the loop now so no pretence. We can move on and let the cr*p just slide off us like oil in a Teflon pan. Feels liberating!

As for where we are staying, we have broken it down into 2 locations. The first week will be spent close to the CBD in an apartment, next to the Swan River with views of the CBD in the distance. The next 4 weeks will be further up in Ocean Reef renting a large house with pool. I just hope it is warm enough for the boys to have a dip in it.

OH has already set up meetings with a couple of people regarding jobs, for when we first get there. We arrive on Monday and the first one is on Weds. Fingers crossed for him and us. If that works out I think I will be hooting and dancing like a mad woman around the pool. I think I would even jump in even if it had a thin layer of ice on it!!!

Since starting this journey I have added a few grey hairs, lost a few marbles and gained a few pounds. Can't do much about the marbles but hair dye and salad will sort out the former! Ha, ha...

Edited by Akasully2

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I have a huge smile on my face as I reply to all those fab messages of support. You are all stars!!!

We are ready to leave and move on to the next exciting phase of our journey. All the nonsense with PPP will be left behind as we embark on ventures new. Everyone is in the loop now so no pretence. We can move on and let the cr*p just slide off us like oil in a Teflon pan. Feels liberating!

As for where we are staying, we have broken it down into 2 locations. The first week will be spent close to the CBD in an apartment, next to the Swan River with views of the CBD in the distance. The next 4 weeks will be further up in Ocean Reef renting a large house with pool. I just hope it is warm enough for the boys to have a dip in it.

OH has already set up meetings with a couple of people regarding jobs, for when we first get there. We arrive on Monday and the first one is on Weds. Fingers crossed for him and us. If that works out I think I will be hooting and dancing like a mad woman around the pool. I think I would even jump in even if it had a thin layer of ice on it!!!

Since starting this journey I have added a few grey hairs, lost a few marbles and gained a few pounds. Can't do much about the marbles but hair dye and salad will sort out the former! Ha, ha...

Sully you have the best attitude possible for this next chapter in your migration journey. Please do not underestimate the power of jetlag and just go with how you feel for a few days before you feel you need to hit the ground running.

And let me tell you that even if that pool has solar heating, you will not want to be swimming in it unless you fancy a bit of hypothermia! But then you guys are not used to our weather yet, so I guess you might enjoy a very chilly swim!!!

Good Luck Sully and family!!!

Don't worry if the pool is too cold Sully cos there's a Dome cafe in Currambine and it's less than 5 mins from you guys in Ocean Reef....ha ha.

Nearly midnight and I should be asleep as I need to be up at 6am to get ready for the airport.

Today has been stressy trying to stuff too much into the suitcases. I thought I had it Sussed only to find that collectively they went over the limit. So late tonight when I should have been resting I was decanting clobber and dumping it all over the place. The house looks a tip.

Whilst this was happening I had calls from my best friend and sister who sounded really perky and excited for us. I felt bad that I was still doing the cases as we chatted. Then my mum called who could hardly speak as she was crying so much, actually sounded broken hearted. I cheered her up by recounting exactly what I was I doing with the cases and how I was in a foul mood. Being the lovely mum she is, she went into fix it mode with concern and completely forgot about crying. Mission completed. I then back to the cases. Finished. Still have little things I wish I had done but too late now. I'll just have to tackle them from down under.

Nearly there now...I'll be at the airport in the morning. Still feels unreal. Can't believe we made this dream come true. Not feeling excited as I would have expected. Just knackered and overwhelmed. Expecting the excitement to hit me at the airport. Night night, last sleep in England!

Edited by Akasully2

Good luck Sully! dont stress over the cases, I know it seems important now but at the end of the day its just stuff and if really really needed you can replace it! I feel so excited for you and your family and the adventure that you are on the verge of starting, it is amazing and you will love it! Just go with the flow and remember to enjoy the view along the way, it is so easy to get dragged into getting everything sorted and not allowing yourself time to take a step back and appreciate what you are doing!

Wishing you a happy and safe journey and look forward to hearing from you when you reach the other side!

Nearly midnight and I should be asleep as I need to be up at 6am to get ready for the airport.

Today has been stressy trying to stuff too much into the suitcases. I thought I had it Sussex only to find that collectively they went over the limit. So late tonight when I should have been resting I was decanting clobber and dumping it all over the place. The house looks a tip.

Whilst this was happening I had calls from my best friend and sister who sounded really perky and excited for us. I felt bad that I was still doing the cases as we chatted. Then called my mum who could hardly speak as she was crying so much, actually sounded broken hearted. I cheered her up by counting exactly was I doing with the cases and how I was I a foul mood. Being the lovely mum she is, she went into fix it mode and concern and completely forgot about crying. Mission complete, then back to the cases. Finished. Still have little things I wish I had done but too late now. I'll just have to tackle them from down under.

Nearly there now...I'll be at the airport in the morning. Still feels unreal. Can't believe we made this dream come true.