Parent Visa Process...

gemmmard

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just read the thread on PIO, congratulations Carob on your visa, my money left today so hopefully friday for us, see you on the other side x

thanks Odies, and our congratulations to you too, as you have your visa now. It all seems to happen very quickly when this point is reached. Life is a bit hectic here, flights booked for March 11th so Perth here we come. Is that where you are heading? Another learning curve ahead.

Not sure how reliable this is and whether it's US-centric but there is some truth in the notion that flights vary at different times of the day. If you can change your IP to the same location as the originating airline you can sometimes get tickets cheaper still.

http://lifehacker.com/the-best-time-and-time-of-day-to-book-airline-tickets-1507704370

• 2 months later...
Just to let anyone on this thread know we have our 143 visa, it came this morning via Email, nearly 19 months

Congrats!! 19 months from start to finish? We are approaching the 12 months mark, and all the early excitement seems so long ago, and with a possible further 7 months or so, reckon we will need to remain patient. Waiting was expected, but still a pain!

Thought I would just see if I could get an update, and had this reply this morning.

"AlanThis application is not expected to be under assessment until November/December 2015.

Admin

Parent Visa Centre

Department of Immigration and Border Protection"

hi, sorry I had dates to do the medicals and police checks, they then changed how it was done as there were so many applying for the 143, I believe you will be sent dates to do these nearer to the getting the visa, then once the money is paid your visa comes through very quick.

it is better that way as we only had 3 months to validate as we had done the medicals and police checks some 9 mths before.

hi, sorry I had dates to do the medicals and police checks, they then changed how it was done as there were so many applying for the 143, I believe you will be sent dates to do these nearer to the getting the visa, then once the money is paid your visa comes through very quick.

it is better that way as we only had 3 months to validate as we had done the medicals and police checks some 9 mths before.

Thanks Odies, enjoy your flights on Friday, and good luck in your new life.......maybe we might hook up when we eventually get down there!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Hope you're settling in by now and congratulations on your move.

May I ask your timeline and when you lodged, we lodged on 1 July 2014 and have no idea when we should get the go ahead for medicals etc; I see that grant is running at about 22 months now.

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

All the best

Steve

hi Steve we lodged in June 2013, did medicals/police checks as advised in april 2014 on the form from immi. We got the visa first week of Jan 2015 within an hour of paying the 2nd part to them. Because we did the medicals / police checks we had a validation date of April ,12 months after they were done. If I had known then I would have left them to around 18months from lodgement so as not to have had only 4 months to validate the visa. I would have still done the AOS early as this took around 5 wks and a lot of my sons time to do.

I hope all well and you are enjoying your last few months in the UK. we are at my sons at the moment will feel more settled when we are in our own place.

hi Steve we lodged in June 2013, did medicals/police checks as advised in april 2014 on the form from immi. We got the visa first week of Jan 2015 within an hour of paying the 2nd part to them. Because we did the medicals / police checks we had a validation date of April ,12 months after they were done. If I had known then I would have left them to around 18months from lodgement so as not to have had only 4 months to validate the visa. I would have still done the AOS early as this took around 5 wks and a lot of my sons time to do.

I hope all well and you are enjoying your last few months in the UK. we are at my sons at the moment will feel more settled when we are in our own place.

Hi

Thanks for your reply and the information, very useful.

As we have been on the waiting list for 20 months now we intend to put our place on the market in June, hoping that we get our visa's and sell reasonably quickly.

We're coming over to Perth on 19 May for a break and a reccie, and to see our son of course - can't wait!

Regards

Steve

Hi everyone.

Some good info on here. We lodged in October 2013 and have done our medicals and police checks. We would like to do our aos before co is assigned (as have heard it can take 5 weeks) but are under the impression we have to wait to be issued a letter to go ahead with centerlink stuff? Anyone have any info on this? What are other people in this situations thoughts on when you will get there. We are hoping no later than September 2015...does this sound doable to people judging from when we lodged. Hard waiting in this limbo area would very much like to hear something soon. Thanks everyone :)

it appears paperwork has changed in the last 12 months since we did ours, we received all the paperwork straight away. The letter for the AOS was in the pack, worth asking centerlink if you can do it, I would think. We did not have a CO assigned just emails from the parent visa in Northbridge, Perth. I have to say it happened very quickly form the email requesting the money . Or maybe email them to ask about the AOS. Sorry not much help.

• 4 weeks later...
it appears paperwork has changed in the last 12 months since we did ours, we received all the paperwork straight away. The letter for the AOS was in the pack, worth asking centerlink if you can do it, I would think. We did not have a CO assigned just emails from the parent visa in Northbridge, Perth. I have to say it happened very quickly form the email requesting the money . Or maybe email them to ask about the AOS. Sorry not much help.

Thanks for that...when they get in touch from parent centre after the long wait are they requesting anymore information? Or do they literally say ok we have you file pay us some money please? We just don't want to get to September and have to answer tons of questions again and fill forms in which could take weeks again. Were praying we will be out there with our family for Christmas!