Christmas plans?

portlaunay

What's everyone doing then? Who's here for their first Christmas in Aus? Christmas shopping done? What are you all planning to eat/drink Christmas day?

Mrs p and the kids are back to London for 5 or 6 weeks so it'll be awfully quiet for me. One hectic day cooking dinner for 60 on Christmas day but apart from that I'm just lining up some domestic projects to occupy my time and I might head to somewhere in SE Asia for a billy-no-mates holiday.

Quiet one for us. We have a late dinner (about 6pm), so will have smoked salmon and scrambled eggs (with bucks fizz) for breakfast and Pecan and honey glazed ham and turkey for dinner (made by my hubby). We have friends over on boxing day - they bring their left overs and we have ours and have a feast lol

)]This is (hopefully ) my last Christmas in the uk, and I'm off work Christmas and Boxing Day. we're having a full English including tomatoe sausages (my favourites). Then we have a turkey dinner with all the trimmings, and in the evening we have a cheese board an assortment of crackers and relishes and a good bottle of wine. Cannot wait xx

Been away for a couple of weeks I know......

Dome is open all over Christmas (Xmas day excluded) so looks like it's 'nose to the grindstone'.... Still, could be a lot worse, could be stuck in UK with the next four months of cr*p weather to contend with.....

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY PP FRIENDS!

First one in Oz for us.

We're off to the beach after a lazy breakfast - just because we can, and then round to the rellies in the afternoon for dinner. They're doing a fully traditional dinner which I was never a huge fan of even in minus temperatures. Not sure how it's going to go down in the mid thirties!

Cooking turkey and all that malarkey here has always seemed a bit bonkers to me. Traditions are important though, especially if you have kids so we decided to create new ones. When we're together we do breakfast on South Beach at 7-7.30 before the crowds arrive and because I always cook for the church we have our family lunch on boxing day - seafood BBQ.

Been away for a couple of weeks I know......

Dome is open all over Christmas (Xmas day excluded) so looks like it's 'nose to the grindstone'.... Still, could be a lot worse, could be stuck in UK with the next four months of cr*p weather to contend with.....

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY PP FRIENDS!

You've been missed, hope it's going well and enjoy that Christmas day, you'll need to put your feet up, no doubt.

It will hopefully be our final Christmas in the UK for awhile. As we are currently living withmy parents, Christmas Day will be spent with them. I can’t wait – up early to open presents withour one year old, before we crack the bubbly open and the traditional turkeymid afternoon. Then the next few dayswill be spent seeing husband’s family. Reallywant to treasure this year – but am equally excited to experience an aussieChristmas next year!

Our first Christmas in Oz, so planning on making it special. No need to stick to the traditions of the UK, feeling quite liberated!

Christmas Eve we will have drinks in the garden with candle light.

The big day will start with presents for the boys from Santa. We will then have a BBQ breakfast of egg and bacon muffins/rolls cooked outside. I'm also going to make croissants from scratch (first time) the day before and cook them in the morning. So much effort for a minute in the mouth, better be worth it.

Then it's off to the beach for family fun. Once back home, we are planning on easy, yummy nibble bits. Some bubbly would be good. Think we'll save the full on roast until the next day. Making a trifle for later.

At some point over the hols, we are going to slow roast a leg of lamb or pork shoulder on the BBQ until the meat falls off the bone. Keeping it simple and just serving in rolls or with rosemary roast potatoes. Mmmm.....!

Our first Christmas in Oz, so planning on making it special. No need to stick to the traditions of the UK, feeling quite liberated!

Christmas Eve we will have drinks in the garden with candle light.

The big day will start with presents for the boys from Santa. We will then have a BBQ breakfast of egg and bacon muffins/rolls cooked outside. I'm also going to make croissants from scratch (first time) the day before and cook them in the morning. So much effort for a minute in the mouth, better be worth it.

Then it's off to the beach for family fun. Once back home, we are planning on easy, yummy nibble bits. Some bubbly would be good. Think we'll save the full on roast until the next day. Making a trifle for later.

At some point over the hols, we are going to slow roast a leg of lamb or pork shoulder on the BBQ until the meat falls off the bone. Keeping it simple and just serving in rolls or with rosemary roast potatoes. Mmmm.....!

Sounds lovely x

First of all in the morning after a light breakfast our fur babies will see what,s in their stockings and we will open our presents, we always have a traditional Christmas meal, late afternoon depending on my eldest sons timing, then early evening we have a walk down to the beach to watch the sunset glass of wine in hand, spend the rest of the evening having a drink and a laugh at home.

Boxing day will be spent at the beach, maybe some fishing & Chippys beach shack for a meal. Looking forward to relaxing.

We are having Christmas Day with our lovely hosts who have housed us, provided transport and basically put up with us for the last 6 weeks! All in all we will be 24 for lunch (8 children!). Roast beef, chicken, lamb and honey glazed ham with hot roasted tatties and loads of salads. Each family is bringing a meat and salads so a fair division of labour. After lunch its off to the beach to try out the boogie boards, fishing rods etc that Santa is (hopefully) bringing. Can't wait for our first hot Christmas since 1999 (spent back in Zimbabwe with my parents)!

There's a sombre mood in the portlaunay household this morning. We did pressies yesterday, final packing this morning and then off to the airport. I think there may be a few tears when we get there, it's all very gloomy at the moment.

On the plus side, I've bought myself a motorbike for Christmas which is being delivered just after they've gone. I've a whole month to plan how to introduce the concept to Mrs p

Guest Guest6235
Me too Deb :-(

I gave in and said I would work 10-2 as I felt sorry for the guys, 300 people to feed and only 2 pastry chefs on! I will at least be there for the kids present opening in the morning then xmas lunch(late) should be on the table when I get home.

You hope lol.

For the first time in three years my son will be home in Perth for Christmas... arriving late Chrissie Eve and staying for 6 wonderful days. Daughter and SIL still living with me whilst their house is being built, so it will be avery busy noisy family Christmas.... and I can't wait.

We have been in WA for 24 Christmases now and have tried everything from traditional roast turkey, picnic on the beach, seafood and salads, BBQ etc, but the unanimous request for this year from my offspring was for a traditional Mummy home cooked Christmas roast turkey, honey baked ham and trimmings, followed by Pavlova.... accompanied by some good Marg River wine.

This year my Mum is way too sick to leave the aged care home and join us, so we are spending Christmas morning with her while the turkey cooks away at home, and will eat mid afternoon, followed by a session in the pool and then around the telly for a family film session.... apparently my little darlings have stocked up on movies they reckon I will love..... guessing it will be some side splitting comedy or other...last year we worked our way through a boxed set of Faulty Towers, so anything could happen!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS to you all you PPers.... wherever you will spend it. Rossy

Me too Deb :-(

I gave in and said I would work 10-2 as I felt sorry for the guys, 300 people to feed and only 2 pastry chefs on! I will at least be there for the kids present opening in the morning then xmas lunch(late) should be on the table when I get home.

Enjoy the rest of your day i have always been in a job that you have to work xmas.

I always worked Xmas mornings back home. Loved the atmosphere on the acute ward. Strangely within mental health the full moon affects moods Xmas day had the opposite. Even the most unwell perked up for crimbo. We used to have a late turkey roast followed by raging feelings of being "the stuffed turkey" for days. This is our 3rd Xmas here and its beach for us with a picnic. Soooo more chilled then bbq iater at friends. Now which one do I prefer let me see ..... The beach one

We've had a bit of our Xmas this weekend as our rellies have gone back to the UK to visit. Had a cheeky roast as per tradition but on Xmas day we'll be having a curry...the kids love it. Perth gets quiet around Christmas time as a lot people go away so we thought we would do a last minute thing. First time we've done it so taking presents,stockings with us for the girls to open on the day. Hope everyone has a nice time whatever they're doing and take it easy on the bike Portlaunay. :-)

Darren