Perth Poms business owners.

FOL

As a business owner and as a consumer most people are willing to help out the small or local business owners compared to the big local chains.

We have Rob with the Dome cafe in Butler, thomasdanial with his tree management.

Who else has a business? What do you do?

P.s. this isn't about a big topic of commercial spam, it's just an overview of reputable members who have their own local business.

Be nice andisten to Ali:

I think it's great that PP members support other members in their ventures. I would like to point out one of our business guidelines re: posting about businesses as I don't want your thread to be used for people to post once about their business and offer little else to the forum (yourself and the members you've mentioned have been great contributors to the forum at other levels).

The Business guidelines can be found here: http://www.perthpoms.com/forum/welcome-perth/3491-forum-rules-guidelines.html

Posts by Service providers/business members using this function purely to promote their own wares without adding value to the community are likely to be removed and/or edited.

Edited by FOL

Whilst I am not there yet (but things are moving along pretty quickly) I have a company in the UK that helps independent businesses grow with guaranteed results

I will be doing the same and plan to initially stay in the Cottesloe area, I am always interested in hearing from and meeting other like-minded business owners

I think it's great that PP members support other members in their ventures. I would like to point out one of our business guidelines re: posting about businesses as I don't want your thread to be used for people to post once about their business and offer little else to the forum (yourself and the members you've mentioned have been great contributors to the forum at other levels).

The Business guidelines can be found here: http://www.perthpoms.com/forum/welcome-perth/3491-forum-rules-guidelines.html

Posts by Service providers/business members using this function purely to promote their own wares without adding value to the community are likely to be removed and/or edited.

Thanks Ali, I hope regular posters will value and post their experiences :)

I have a global online marketing business, helping out other businesses getting more clients and revenue through online. We focus on business to business lead generation websites. Although we usually have big brands and multinationals as clients we are willing to help out smaller local clients as well.

I would love to have a small beach bar, although I might overromantisize that! Hahah

Edited by FOL

Thanks Ali, I hope regular posters will value and post their experiences :)

I have a global online marketing business, helping out others business getting more clients and revenue through online. We focus on business to business lead generation websites. Although we usually have big brands and multinationals as clients we are willing to help out smaller local clients as well.

I would love to have a small beach bar wants, although I might overromantisize that! Hahah

Wow! This is the sort of business I would enjoy knowing a little more about, but appreciate that here is not the correct platform...

My husband and I have an event catering business which we do on the side of our regular jobs, we are still trying to build up but my husband wants to eventually give up work to do the business only. Anyone needing a caterer for their party or event you know where to come :wink:

im not in peth YET !

But how easy is it to start your own business in WA ? As my better half will be main visa applicant - i fancy trying somthing new ..... bored of building ;o)

But yep prob need to start a new thread nearer time we arrive but guess i was just wondering ?

My husband is a partner in a water carting business based on the edge of the metro/wheatbelt area.

He delivers scheme water to residents in the area, mainly filling up rain-water tanks when they run low. However they also do swimming pool fills, dust control, and other civil engineering works that may require large quantities of water.

It was OH's dream to get out of the rat race when we came here and he's certainly done that! Just waiting for him to make us millionaires so I can be a lady what lunches (yeah right, dream on!)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My wife Sophia has her own Hair salon in Joondalup called The Source. It is the only 5 star salon in the northern suburbs, the service you get is 2nd to none, the products are AVEDA, which are 99% organic. She trained in London, and worked in Harvey Nichols.

If your after a decent haircut, PM me

Hello ... Did I start a new thread , yesterday by mistake ?

My friend David is amazing hairdresser and was a tutor at a Manchester college in the UK as well as running his own UK salon ... He's actually sad that the standard here is so low , from his experience. [emoji52]

But he's took the steps just gone freelance . After managing a busy Perth city salon . Working long day .

He said hey it's time " to live the dream " and do it for himself !

So far so good .[emoji4].. Manly off recommendations .

As the proof is in the hair cut [emoji4]is sells its self .

So PM me if you need a fabulous hairdresser in the comfort of your own home ... [emoji2]

Just interested...... Is there any hairdresser , out there at just rent a chair ( space ) ? Within a salon ?

As they all seem to be big companies that only have employees ... [emoji41]

I have just started my own air conditioning and commercial refrigeration business, Climate Control Solutions, feel free to like my Facebook page. Busy at the minute , just have to see how it goes over the cooler months, need a couple more solid contacts. Anyone needing any air-conditioning in their home give me a shout, like wise if there are any commercial property owners out there.

We hope to start our own campervan conversion company on arrival in Perth approx June 2016. Hubby is a qualified Plumber/Carpenter currently fitting high end bespoke kitchens in the Cotswolds, we did a high spec conversion when we were on our WHV and the response to what we had created was overwhelming so really hope to produce a few more?.

Will definitley be be getting in touch with the hairdressers on here when I get there, I had the worst haircuts I've ever had whilst out there, it was shorter on one side than on the other and it was a fellow Pom who did it!!

• 4 months later...

I own & operate Karens Computer Repairs in the northern suburbs. Anything north of the Reid Highway. (Wanneroo/Joondalup area)

Originally from Wales (don't hold that against me lol) I've been in WA for 20 years and opened the business 14 years ago.

Edited by ali
facebook link removed

Hi All, We came out on a Business Visa and whilst doing all the paperwork in the UK, were wholly intent on opening an Electrical Wholesaler, as we did at home. Got here & the other halfs mid life crisis really kicked in. "I want to own a Coffee Shop on the beach" Fast forward 6 months, and we now have a bakery/coffee shop very close to the beach. We are in our 4th week at the shop and our lives have turned upside down. At the moment I am saved from the brunt of it as I am at college learning all the necessary accounting/admin evils to satisfy the Ozzie officials, but hubby is in bed by 8 every night and up at 3.30am to get all that days baking done. Its a 7 day working week with long hours and we don't know when we'll get a holiday, but, we are having a blast. Heads are buzzing. limbs are aching but getting such a kick out of our new adventure!!

Hi All, We came out on a Business Visa and whilst doing all the paperwork in the UK, were wholly intent on opening an Electrical Wholesaler, as we did at home. Got here & the other halfs mid life crisis really kicked in. "I want to own a Coffee Shop on the beach" Fast forward 6 months, and we now have a bakery/coffee shop very close to the beach. We are in our 4th week at the shop and our lives have turned upside down. At the moment I am saved from the brunt of it as I am at college learning all the necessary accounting/admin evils to satisfy the Ozzie officials, but hubby is in bed by 8 every night and up at 3.30am to get all that days baking done. Its a 7 day working week with long hours and we don't know when we'll get a holiday, but, we are having a blast. Heads are buzzing. limbs are aching but getting such a kick out of our new adventure!!

Loving the total change in your life... just what emigrating can be all about! Let us know where your cafe is and I am sure many of our members will come along.

I own & operate Karens Computer Repairs in the northern suburbs. Anything north of the Reid Highway. (Wanneroo/Joondalup area)

Originally from Wales (don't hold that against me lol) I've been in WA for 20 years and opened the business 14 years ago.

Hi and welcome to the forum, apologies but I had to remove your FB link as they are not allowed. With 20 years in WA i'm sure that you're going to be able to contribute a lot to our forum and for those moving to Perth.